Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby (13827 Views)

Tolulope Kolawole Commits Suicide! Osun Permanent Secretary’s Son Hangs Self / Kidnapper Evans’ Secretary Arrested; His Truck Yard Uncovered In Lagos / Fake Nurse, Lawyer Sell Baby For N500,000 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by oglalasioux(m): 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Who goes to hospital for an abortion at 8 month of pregnancy? Somebody is not saying something yet.
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
playboy19:
Her side of the story. You wanted to kill the child before he was born and now we are suppose to hear your own side of the story and demonize the doctor? Ok

Why should the doctor accepted to buy.
He already made part payment
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2016
playboy19:
Her side of the story. You wanted to kill the child before he was born and now we are suppose to hear your own side of the story and demonize the doctor? Ok
that woman wicked, the medical practitioners involved should be let free. The doctor played a professional role by not endangering the lives of both mother and baby by not doing the abortion.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by anelen(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
the doctor just saved the life of that baby, if God is for you no man can be against you.

from my perception God used the doctor to save the baby.
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
A devilish mother with a conniving doctor. That woman doesn't deserve to be near humans at all............going for abortion at the eight month?? She is a murderer and a psychopath........I just pity the baby with a mother like this...........that child should be taken away from her.......she is mentally unstable.
I concur with you!
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by JayEntaur(m): 10:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/05/bayelsa-%e2%80%8bpermanent-secretary-arrested-over-alleged-attempt-to-sell-baby/

Blame is to be had on all sides.
I suspect the mother (in due course) realised she was in a very strong position and asked for more money which the doctor turned down, hence she reneged on the deal and out of vindictiveness involved the Cops.
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by playboy19(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
kenonze:

Why should the doctor accepted to buy.
He already made part payment

That's one side of the story I was talking about. It's her words against his. Long as there's no written contractual agreement between them, what if the doctor paid her just to save the baby's life? What if that's the same reason why he didn't release the baby to her knowing well that the mother could eventually harm this baby she never wanted in the first place? This is why I don't like to judge a one-sided stories.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
playboy19:

That's one side of the story I was talking about. It's her words against his. Long as there's no written contractual agreement between them, what if the doctor paid her just to save the baby's life? What if that's the same reason why he didn't release the baby to her knowing well that the mother could eventually harm this baby she never wanted in the first place? This is why I don't like to judge a one-sided stories.

My dear,
U have a point but u know this case involved 3rd and 4th parties. I.e nurse aand the the final buyer.
Police will interrogate them separately.
Getting conflicting stories from them is certain.
If the doctor had good intentions, why not involve the police from beginning ?
This is a case of child trafficking.
He must go to jail.
His license withdrawn by MDCAN
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by ifymiri: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Nawa o for some girls wey dey like put people for trouble and Nawa for.some people wey no dey notice when trouble dey smell. Hmm lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by chukel(m): 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
This is not true. Most likely, the woman couldn't pay hospital bill and the hospital held on to the baby. She decided to frame them up. I don't believe the story one bit.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Gboliwe: 4:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Personally, I won't condemn the doctor at all. But that's me! A young woman who hates the baby she is carrying could give birth to the baby and dump her in the dumpster like it happened in Uyo few weeks ago or throw him down a two storey building like that case in Ibadan, whichever method, the baby dies! Now here is a doctor who wthrough his connections want to give the baby a chance to live, even to the extent of paying off the mom, why condemn him?

It is this same attitude of demonizing that made those locales/onlookers in the Uyo case to watch the baby die. I am sure if someone had picked the baby with the intention of keeping her and saving life, police would swim round and reporters will have tales to tell.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by phemmie06(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2016
A rescue of life becomes someone who destroy life. When contentment is missing the a person misbehave
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by makarios911: 10:05am On Feb 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I'm sure she got a better sale offer for the child undecided yeye de smell

Don't believe everything you read on the pages of newspapers. The more sensational the headline the higher the views and sales.
I know Dr sawyer. He's an exceptional consultant that has helped so many pple. This report is clearly one sided and no investigation was done by reporter. I'm sure u all felt something wasn't rite wen u read thru.
The truth is dat the lady came to the clinic to have the baby aborted at 8months. Dr sawyer clearly refused but offered to help her by contacting ministry of women affairs so the baby can be protected and possibly adopted wen it was born. Everything was written in black and white. The lady claimed the fada of the baby abandoned her and she was an orphan. It was ministry of women affairs that took the baby wen it was born bt on getting to the office the lady suddenly said she wanted her baby. So she was given 7days to come back with her parents(as she said she wasn't an orphan anymore) or a relative wit proof that they wud take care of the baby. Instead she went to the police station and filed a false report. The 27k she mentioned was money that other patients and their relatives in the hospital gave her wen she first came for the abortion just to help her get food and stuff for her self since she was heavily preg.
The Dr was released wen he brought proof and witnesses that attested to wot truely transpired.
Don't believe all u read. There are always at least 2sides to every story.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by furezra(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2016
I know the Doctor. I doubt that information. U will follow the matter to its logical conclusion
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2016
makarios911:

Don't believe everything you read on the pages of newspapers. The more sensational the headline the higher the views and sales.
I know Dr sawyer. He's an exceptional consultant that has helped so many pple. This report is clearly one sided and no investigation was done by reporter. I'm sure u all felt something wasn't rite wen u read thru.
The truth is dat the lady came to the clinic to have the baby aborted at 8months. Dr sawyer clearly refused but offered to help her by contacting ministry of women affairs so the baby can be protected and possibly adopted wen it was born. Everything was written in black and white. The lady claimed the fada of the baby abandoned her and she was an orphan. It was ministry of women affairs that took the baby wen it was born bt on getting to the office the lady suddenly said she wanted her baby. So she was given 7days to come back with her parents(as she said she wasn't an orphan anymore) or a relative wit proof that they wud take care of the baby. Instead she went to the police station and filed a false report. The 27k she mentioned was money that other patients and their relatives in the hospital gave her wen she first came for the abortion just to help her get food and stuff for her self since she was heavily preg.
The Dr was released wen he brought proof and witnesses that attested to wot truely transpired.
Don't believe all u read. There are always at least 2sides to every story.

She might have gotten a good buyer instead of given the baby away for free
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by Temix(m): 1:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
[/b][b]
brownjulie:
k
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by ekenzzi: 8:51pm On Feb 06, 2016
This story is seriously baseless and unfounded. I have been following this story from inception, how can a baby that was handed over to the bayelsa state ministry of women affairs and social development and in the custody of capable minders in a government owned orphanage home be sold? That good for nothing girl called nnenna who's a prostitute and those not want a baby to come and stop her from her illicit profession just don't know how to control herself. A prostitute that after she have agreed and signed to the oath of allegiance that she does not want the baby because she can't feed herself talkless of taking care of the baby, agreed and the baby was handed over to the ministry of women affairs and social development. Not only for she to have gone outside to meet with her culprits aand baby factory dealers that she want to have the baby back and when refused because she was asked by the ministry that she should go and bring a responsible person from her family who can surety for her before the baby can be handed over to her. And when she can't provide such proof she then resort to calling the police to make and arrest so the doctor will be compel to write for the ministry to release her baby so her customer can buy and pay her some money. Thief woman when don fail wholefully. An old firewood is what this NAN people is saying she's 24yrs. Chai see big lies..!
Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by speak2leo(m): 10:54am On Feb 08, 2016
THE TRUE STORY (Bayelsa State)
A PATIENT BLACKMAILS A DOCTOR FOR SAVING HER BABY
(BRIEF ON THE CASE OF NNENNA NWACHUKU)

On 07/11/2015, Nwachukwu Nnenna came to my hospital to procure an abortion of 8 months pregnancy - New Survivors’ Hospital, Igbogene which I refused to do but rather advised her to keep the pregnancy. She wanted to terminate it because she had medical complains and financial constraints. Following my assessment, she was diagnosed to have severe malaria in pregnancy and this can be managed without resort to termination of pregnancy. Indeed she was admitted and was catered for by the hospital, in-patients and their relatives as well as anonymous donations and that as of the time of discharge, there were still some outstanding bills.We managed the patient until 3/02/2016 when she was delivered of a female life baby.While the baby was delivered, there was nothing to feed and the hospital had to feed the baby until she was handed over to the Ministry.She was not coming with any relatives as she had no next of kin, so we had to anticipate care of the baby after birth and established continuity of care with Ministry of Women Affairs. Documentation was done properly and the Ministry responded with a bus and took the mother and baby to the Ministry of Women Affairs and then the baby was sent to Glory land Children home pending when she provides one or two responsible relatives. As I am aware, the Ministry of Women Affairs has a unit that informs the nearest Police Station to them, which was done by the Ministry. Instead of obeying the Ministry, she went to report to a nearby Police Station to her house at Igbogene and alleged that her baby has been stolen by the doctor and sold at N200,000. So they came for my arrest to verify her story. The D.C.O of Igbogene Police Division (Mr. Osaro), the Patient, Bayelsa F.I.D.A representatives and I went to see the baby alive at the Glory land Children home and then, Ministry of Women Affairs, were properly briefed and pictures of the baby were taken on Thursday (February 4th, 2016) by the team.
I was surprised that the publicity made by the F.I.D.A representatives and Bayelsa Police, Igbogene Division was that the child is nowhere to be found and the document for the transfer of the baby from New Survivors’ Hospital to Ministry and Government children home was said to be document endorsed for sale of baby.
The document was an undertaking by the patient (Nnenna Nwachukwu) to transfer the baby to the government since she cannot care for the baby and not a document for sale of baby as alleged. I am not aware that anybody sell baby to a government owned institution as the Glory land Children home.
Instead of commending the doctor and the medical team, what we get as pay back is cheap negative publicity.
The medical profession is a noble profession and we should commend doctors that save lives and send to proper places for continuity of care and not to resort to cheap improperly balance
d publicity.

See pictures of the baby at Gloryland Children home alive on day 4 and we may confirm if we so wish.

Dr. Sawyer Wisdom
Medical Director

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Permanent Secretary Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Baby by furezra(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thank you @speak2leo. this is the link to the Doctor to confirm that the information is true. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207428298919790&id=1056997799&_rdr

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Arrested For Speaking Against Water Pollution By The Chinese In Gambia / Egunugan People Attack Kala People In Rivers Over Land Dispute, Destroy Houses / Nigerian Drug Smuggling Gang Busted In Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.