Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Woman Walks In On Own Funeral To Confront Husband Who Hired Hitmen To Kill Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Walks In On Own Funeral To Confront Husband Who Hired Hitmen To Kill Her (754 Views)

39-Year-Old Zimbabwean Lady Pays Hitmen $100 To Kill Her Lover (Photos) / Husband Who Strangled His 8-Month Pregnant Wife In Jos Pictured / Female Armed Robber Arrested In Imo, Police Kill Her Gang Member. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Walks In On Own Funeral To Confront Husband Who Hired Hitmen To Kill Her by leeyack: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Noela Rukundo, gave her ex-husband, Balenga Kalala, the shock of his life by turning up to her own funeral, after he had contacted hitmen to have her killed while they were still married.

Noela had met Kalala 11 years ago after she arrived in Australia from Burundi. He was then a refugee from the Democratic Republic of Congo, and they had the same social worker at the resettlement agency that helped them get on their feet.
Since Kalala already knew English, their social worker often recruited him to translate for Noela, who spoke Swahili. They fell in love, moved in together in the Melbourne suburb of Kings Park, and had three children (Noela also had five kids from a previous relationship).

She learned more about her husband’s past that he had fled a rebel army that had ransacked his village, killing his wife and young son. She also learned more about his character.

Problem started when she had returned to Burundi, her birth country, from her home in Melbourne, Australia, to attend her stepmother’s funeral and she lodged in a hotel. She told BBC that she had lost the last person who she called “mother”.

Noela said she had retreated to her hotel room at early hours of the evening and as she lay dozing in the muggy heat, she received a call from her husband in Australia.

“He says he’d been trying to get me for the whole day,” Noela says. “I said I was going to bed. He told me, ‘To bed? Why are you sleeping so early? I say, ‘I’m not feeling happy’. And he asks me, ‘How’s the weather? Is it very, very hot?’ He told me to go outside for fresh air.” Noela took his advice. “I didn’t think anything. I just thought that he cared about me, that he was worried about me.” But moments after stepping outside the hotel compound, Noela found herself in danger.

Read more: http://www.gistplanet365.com/2016/02/05/woman-walks-in-on-own-funeral-to-confront-terrified-husband-who-hired-hitmen-to-have-her-killed/

1 Share

Re: Woman Walks In On Own Funeral To Confront Husband Who Hired Hitmen To Kill Her by goshen26: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
Who directed the movie, pls?
Re: Woman Walks In On Own Funeral To Confront Husband Who Hired Hitmen To Kill Her by ehizzybaba(m): 12:29am On Feb 06, 2016
This world is officially blind.... ... .! Dnt ask me how?

(1) (Reply)

When You Mistakenly Say 'Sai Baba' On Petrol Queue / 100,000 Signatures Wanted For White House To Stop Cattle Herding In Nigeria / Father Who Sent Images Of Unborn Baby Jailed Over 'vile' Child Sex Abuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.