Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord (43601 Views)

Female Corper Room Mate Needed In Abuja / Face Of The Akwa-Ibom Corper Burnt To Death In Road Accident / See Photos Of A Corper's Room Flooded In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
nokingasgod:

By their fruit ye shall know them, half-baked, dis grin-informed, inarticulate, uneducated graduate.

Now get this rammed into your satanic-molded, empty and god-forsaken head, being a Corps member does not grant you immunity against civil and criminal prosecution.

Your ignorant * grin is so so repulsive and your disposition, like that of some ill-bred kid, i have no further business with you. I will only advise you seek good education from those who know before you come to the public space to make rubbish of the investment your folks made on your education grin

You really have "good education"

I understand how you feel grin grin grin
You have comprehension problem or what?
"you are immune to an extent" Mr. Educated Elite, were u not taught how to comprehend simple write up at Harvard?

Mr Patrick, typing grammar doesn't project you a learned which I still doubt if you are one.

LastBullet: As a corps member, you are immune to an extent. grin

2 Likes

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by nokingasgod: 12:04am On Feb 07, 2016
okuneddie:

bros police don't arrest copers....other is no how u will sleep or stay at a station being a Corper when u didn't steal....when NYSC DG came to our camp, he told us that its only in camp that those soldiers can stand near us that after camp, there is certain distance that should me BTW us in meters that is to show u the respect corpers are given....an incident happened when I was serving during Darius Taraba state gov swearing in. The incident happened BTW me and my friend and a mopol...bros see how the cops wet begging....even with their Oga at the stadium where the swearing in was taking place. Pple there were surprise that made a guy come to me and say that no matter what he must also serve not because of anything but the respect....have u ever travel led with corpers in public transport? Bros I repeat but lemme say for cops to do that to that Corper mehn he fvcked up big time....sorry for the loss may God provide better ones for u@OP

Well, may be i should try once again to educate you guys.

I will say again that an NYSC Corps member has no immunity against prosecution. Respect, yes, they should be respected like any members of the other Corps - military, para etc and even these other members have no immunity against prosecution. You are not above the law, you should be respected where-ever you are in Nigeria as an envoy of the Federal Republic but then, you must earn and protect such respect.

I assumed that you guys are graduate, you are adults, it will do you a lot of good to cast off the toga of ''youthful exuberance''. This is an information age and ignorance is more or less a sin. The respect of a Corps member is similar to that extended to the other regular corps like the armed forces,it does not preclude them i.e. both the armed forces and NYSC members from civil or criminal prosecution.

If you have been abusing that respect as is often done by some men of the armed forces, you had better retract your steps because as with even the regular corps, some day, you might find yourself within reach of the long arm of the law.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by matrixme(m): 12:06am On Feb 07, 2016
When you go for NYSC, you will know proper that police can't arrest a corper because they are both government officials. The police will have to get you tru ur LI or something.
Another thing there is that if such a thing really happened, there is no community in this country that will condone a landlord arresting a corper.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:18am On Feb 07, 2016
dannyokec:
You shouldn't have challenge him

i know you were furious so was him
So was "HIM" huh? me sef yaf vex..... So does I too...
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Lagbodos1: 12:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Sorry for ur lost God will provide
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 1:26am On Feb 07, 2016
So sorry Bro, this whole thing is not your fault, God will see you through .
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by AreaFada2: 3:08am On Feb 07, 2016
chemaze:
With all yur work tolls No ipass my nebor Gen

Some landlords don't allow it.

I'd rather provide light/one big gen than allow every tenant run their often poorly maintained smoky mini-gens. grin

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by johadi10(m): 3:09am On Feb 07, 2016
tragedy of life... sorry dude.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by emmydollars4life(m): 4:35am On Feb 07, 2016
This same thing happen to me on December 26 2015, you are lucky people is around to rescue something and the Landlord is also lucky that all the building didn't burn, my own, the only thing that was saved is the clothes I carried in my bag and my laptop, the said clothes is just 2 jeans and 2 shirt, every other things got burnt, including the Nysc certificates, weac infact all my certificates burn. The little money I have I have been spending it on getting back my certificates. Every day on the road to this board or my school or that of Nysc. Brother yours happen in the place u have few things for yourself. Somethings can be in your house where you reside apart from service. The whole building collapsed. But is well, the landlord is stupid to call police, but if I were you, I will never go to that station, u could have checked and call Commissioner of police, the Number must be in the pamphlet they gave to you in the camp. Good luck in your plans to get those things back.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by iamkneeyi: 5:06am On Feb 07, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
oshey op, well scripted like wale Adenuga super story. op will make a good career in fiction writting.
you be mumu.. I guess the landlord is your daddy.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Abbeyunique2(m): 6:38am On Feb 07, 2016
iamkneeyi:
you be mumu.. I guess the landlord is your daddy.
chai, see dis demon sha, he wan use him reggae spoil my blues.
dey your lane abeg.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Abbeyunique2(m): 6:47am On Feb 07, 2016
wheezie24:

i wonda aw u l b useful wt dz kind of brain
I don't normally reply nincompooms but i would make an execption, who asked you to tag me? do you have comprehension problem?
i know your type, i know that stupidity can't be helped, it comes naturally to ur kind. so i won't dwell much on ur mental condition. the advice i have is that next time, Read and comprehend the original post, read the comment, reread it again then count from 100-1 before you type or quote anybody. thanks
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by koboko69: 7:00am On Feb 07, 2016
nokingasgod:

Well, may be i should try once again to educate you guys.

I will say again that an NYSC Corps member has no immunity against prosecution. Respect, yes, they should be respected like any members of the other Corps - military, para etc and even these other members have no immunity against prosecution. You are not above the law, you should be respected where-ever you are in Nigeria as an envoy of the Federal Republic but then, you must earn and protect such respect.

I assumed that you guys are graduate, you are adults, it will do you a lot of good to cast off the toga of ''youthful exuberance''. This is an information age and ignorance is more or less a sin. The respect of a Corps member is similar to that extended to the other regular corps like the armed forces,it does not preclude them i.e. both the armed forces and NYSC members from civil or criminal prosecution.

If you have been abusing that respect as is often done by some men of the armed forces, you had better retract your steps because as with even the regular corps, some day, you might find yourself within reach of the long arm of the law.

Y are u wasting ur time with people saying Police don't atrest corpers. Some graduates are just too dumb.....

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by nwakibe: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Ndi Mmegide
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by 360musicng(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2016
Nawa...
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Timbuktu14(m): 8:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Vanquay:
The problem with Nigerians, they never bother with Terms and Conditions. If you had smoothed this out during the Rental talks, it could have been avoided.

Although, I agree your Landlord is a Douchebag, it was your ignorance that led to thiS. SO, OP, stop whining, you deserve more, next time smoothen out your deals better.
I can't believe i just read this! shocked
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 07, 2016
Timbuktu14:
I can't believe i just read this! shocked

Elaborate
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Timbuktu14(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
oshey op, well scripted like wale Adenuga super story. op will make a good career in fiction writting.
So this is all you've got to say when someone loses a million naira worth of properties and most importantly, his documents? That's not nice! Smh. angry
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Harllymart(f): 8:26am On Feb 07, 2016
I feel for u bro
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2016
Sorry OP, I know exactly how you feel. Hope you kept the credentials scanned. The landlord cannot force you to repair the room. There probably was no tenancy agreement and he cannot prove it was your fault.

To everyone else reading this. Make sure you have backup of everything in different places. All my certificates are scanned and are on my computer, 2 separate hard drives as well as on (abi in) the cloud.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by sherfizle(m): 8:51am On Feb 07, 2016
Op. Two things make me disbelieve your story.

1. You stating that you have N1m worth of property in dat little room. All i see is a burnt pack of condom on some burnt books. How na?

2.your last paragraph telling pple to help you in anyway. That shows that u have come here to seek for financial assistance.

Your story would have been entirely believable without those 2 parts.

Nairaland is not a place to come beg for money. Dont u have family and friends that can help you. Afterall, you had money in the first place to go rent an apartment wen u had the option of staying in the family lodge.

Guy, your story doesnt hold water. Sorry for ur loss if its true though.

1 Like

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by wheezie24(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2016
Abbeyunique2:

I don't normally reply nincompooms but i would make an execption, who asked you to tag me? do you have comprehension problem?
i know your type, i know that stupidity can't be helped, it comes naturally to ur kind. so i won't dwell much on ur mental condition. the advice i have is that next time, Read and comprehend the original post, read the comment, reread it again then count from 100-1 before you type or quote anybody. thanks
lol....ur earlier comment has said it all....nd fool its nt nincompooms...lol
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 07, 2016
Dammiesugar:
Awww! pls take heart @op, God knows best and he will definitely open new doors for you soon. As for the Landlord, hmmmm anyway God will judge him.
are u engaged? I like to marry you.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by fynex(m): 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
airforce1000000:
Fire Burnt My Room Even As A Corps Member And Landlord Arrested Me

.And my whole day yesterday was spent in Police Station. Who will fight for the voiceless in this world? Who will give power to the Powerless? I no my God will fight for me. I left my room on the evening of 22nd January 2015 @ about 6:30pm because there was no Power (Electric) to work with in the whole lodge (Building). As a corps member, I went to Nigerian Christian Corpers Fellowship Family house to continue my editing (Video & Pictures) and pass a night there too. Because I was using a reading table of a fellow corps member in the family house to work with and he too needed to use it, I went back to my room and took my table, leaving the same house at about 9:pm because the gate is normally locked by 10pm.

Neigbors in the lodge (fellow Corpers) saw me when I came, and left. Am editing videos and pictures and was even posting some pictures I have worked on in our company's page www.facebook.com/tripplecproduction, sending pictures to one of my clients via BBM late in the night. In fact, I had planned to remain in the family house since there was power pending when they will fix or call for solution to our light problem which has happened like that before. At about 4:am, I slept off only for me to get a distress call at about 6:30Am when we were having Morning devotion that my room is burning.

I rushed down to see for myself, as I wanted to rush in to see if I could rescue my School documents and Hard disk containing vital files and documents, I was asked to be careful that the room may shock me, meaning that this same house we had no light or power supply has current. From that point, someone said that he has removed the general fuse. I entered my room, only for me to see that it will only be the things I left with to the family house that will remain with me this period. Everything in that room has burnt down to finish, Professional Video and Snapping camera and other gadgets I just bought december last year worth a million naira and my hard disk containing vital files and documents, my cloths, bags books everything burnt down. In such distress and worry, I was asking how manage? The landlord just came in and said I must repair the room and re paint this room since I kept my gas cylinder inside my room as well as cooking inside, I replied him in anger, that this is not what he should be saying, that am thinking of my School documents, he is here talking of a repainted room, For sure, I wasn't cooking neighther did I on any gas, he said I was challenging him that he will deal with me and I said he can not do anything.

Then he called the Police, they came and picked me up and kept me behined counter since 8am till 5pm yesterday after transfering the case from the 1st station which is area command. This was done after series of calls from NYSC officials of the Local Government Area. We have written statements, Neighbors who witnessed the whole scene said that, it was an electrical fault, that even while there was no light in the building, if they switch off there sockets, the red indicator will still be beeping showing an atom of electrical current and that my gas cylinder that was close to my door was well switched off when they brought it out. I was granted bail and asked to report on monday for interview. I went back to my room to see again if I could rescue anything, but in wonder and pains, I was asking myself, what actually happened that this room could burn all my properties so fast. While we were in the room with my neigbors, they were giving me facts, they even said that the landlord called an electrician to come and disconnect my own room light from that of the general building when I was in station. Hmmmm, just then, the landlord came again to say that I am not suppose to enter the room because investigation is still on, that in fact, why should they release me without his conscent. I told him, that I called the D.C.O and seeked his opinion to no if am allowed and he said since the I.P.O and others have come to investigate the matter, and Pictures have been taken, I can enter the room. The landlord requested that I should send back everything inside the room, on seeing that I brought some cloths out, he wanted to be sympathetic, and asked me if I need any cloth from my bag, I said, there is nothing rescued yet, I took everything inside. He said, in fact that he is disappointed at the police station and the police handling the case, that he is going to call the state command. I had to relax knowing fully well that am a Man with God and a strong Heart. A neighbor (fellow corps member) prepared food and I ate and left to sleep in the family house instructing them, to keep an eye on the room. They later called me to say that he invited a carpenter to lock the room. I thankGod for my life 1st because if I had been in that room that night sleeping, who knows? I also thankGod that it started early that morning because the gate keeper, Landlord's sister who usually locks gate @ 10:pm and open it @ 6:am came to open the gate around 6:am as usual alerted everybody especially her brother the landlord, when she noticed smoke coming out from my window. God is indeed faithful that this thing happened this way. This is just January (2016) and my God is showing me such mercy, I call on your assistance in any way to see to my problems. Its indeed the beginning of greatness for me, that's my story.
guess that makes two of us...mine happend 25th december 2015...lost everytyn I had in my room,tho my credentials were abit burnt...but God is always faithful...tho someone caused it...but thank God

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by TeAmor1: 2:05pm On Feb 07, 2016
Abbeyunique2:
lolz
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by ffo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
hello,
sorry about the loss, kindly reply to my PM
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Billygee2u: 4:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
yorex2011:
cry cry

I'm really sorry for your loss bro

Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Billygee2u: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
fbtowner:
God is your strength bro.
Re: Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord by Burgerlomo: 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
It is well with you bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldier Brutalizes Edo Corper For Leaving Parade Ground During POP Rehearsals / Here Is When NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Is Going To Camp / Starboy Charging Centre Spotted In Ondo State Orientation Camp Today. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.