Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer (27233 Views)

Onyeka Nwelue: "Don Jazzy Is Broke, He Is A Tenant". Don Jazzy Reacts / Marriage Palava! Don Jazzy Is Trending, See Nigerian Tweets / You Won’t Believe Who Don Jazzy Is Dating As He Shows Off His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobleking2000(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:

Check out all the hit songs then? If Wande coal is not in that clique what do you think will happen to jazzy production? Many people are familiar with jazzy today cos of wande coal...Jazzy production would be dead long time without wande coal....the fat nigga does nothing than to say his don jazzy again....shlt! I can go on and on

According to don jazzy 's words in i concur " onye ihem na - ewe iwe ya biko wegbuo ya" "osukosu nwamkpi ya biko sugbuo ya"
Another hater from the "WASTE"

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2016
samchem:
one of d haters from the west
Why can't he work with Eastern artistes? He saw all the talents in the West.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
Nobleking2000:

According to don jazzy 's words in i concur " onye ihem na - ewe iwe ya biko wegbuo ya" "osukosu nwamkpi ya biko sugbuo ya"
Another hater from the "WASTE"

Why is he always working with Yoruba artistes and not artistes from the Yeast?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by tellwisdom: 11:25am On Feb 06, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
The guy is a fucking genuis.
He's the number 1 producer in Africa.

All the songs he produced were all hits.
The only thing he said in "Godwin" was "It's Don Jazzy and Koredo Bello" & the song was a hit.

This guy is a beast.

My nose e big i concur--Ehehee! eehehe! eehehee.. I concure
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Etinosajay(m): 11:27am On Feb 06, 2016
Beadex1:
and where Is wande coal today ??

Working @ walmart in Texas

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 06, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol.

It seems folks have bastardised the word "genius". I honestly don't know how a guy who makes basic/generic beats with no layers can be termed the "greatest Nigerian producer". If he's actually the greatest - then the Nigerian music industry is dead meat and it has a long way to go.

I'd even say Davido makes better beats than the guy since he produces his own tunes. And whoever made 9ice's "gongo aso" and Dagrin's "pon pon pon" are far ahead of the guy in terms of production cos those are like most decent beats I've heard in naija music.

Then you had the magic of Fela Kuti. Though it was live band - but no one dead, alive, and/or unborn is touching what Fela Kuti created. That's genius right there, hence he's the most sampled artist ever out of Africa.

Don fatty needs to take several seats.

ID Cabassa made Gongo Aso. That's my greatest beat ever. Sossick made Pon Pon Pon, though not for Dagrin. The latter just jumped on it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Did you just wake up? Which art, Nice? Even without D'Banj, Don Baba will still rule!

Now tell me: apart from D'banj; which of Don Jazzy's acts can you compare with 9ice? Don't forget 9ice is a legend.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by RichYoungNigga: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2016
tellwisdom:

My nose e big i concur--Ehehee! eehehe! eehehee.. I concure

??
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by akanbiaa(m): 11:43am On Feb 06, 2016
Don jazzy like him or hate him, he remains a genius that understands the game and how to survive in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 11:45am On Feb 06, 2016
olatemitayo:

Do you even know what grammy is all about?.... Let me tell you this that those white guyz re no fools. To let Nigerians in to the same level with their own artistes will be a serious economic suicide for them.

there are categories of Grammy awards, dedicated to international art..and Nigerians have been nominated a few times... so there no suicide in it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

Now tell me: apart from D'banj; which of Don Jazzy's acts can you compare with 9ice? Don't forget 9ice is a legend.

9ice a legend with how many albums?
been relevant for how many years?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

9ice a legend with how many albums?
been relevant for how many years?

Clearly, you no nothing about music. Which artiste has more albums than 9ice? Not even 2baba, D'banj or Psquare? 9ice has dropped 7 albums, about to drop his eighth. Apart from D'banj, which of Don Jazzy's artiste has won the MOBO?
Years of relevance? Lemme tell you something, not one can sit on the throne forever. When 9ice beat Asa, Psquare and D'banj to win the MOBO is 2008, where were you? Where were other artistes when 9ice was called upon as the African artiste to perform at Nelson Mandela's birthday. Which album is more successful than Gongo Aso in Nigerian pop industry. You had better go and learn.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Maxiebrown(m): 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
I respect Don Jazzy a lot coz he knows how to create beats that people will like. But I still see that Nigerians need to know real music like Adele, Beyonce etc Then we will begin to enjoy he the international recognition. I'm happy that Nigerians are beginning to enjoy good music like Timi Dakolo, Bez, Aramide etc in the Headies Award. I believe someday we will get an Artiste who will win the Grammy's. Peace up guyz!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by kaylad1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
For your African dishes delivered to your door step. Call: 08038819024

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by softvio(m): 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
9jamusicanalyst:
for a blind man he has done quite a lot and his songs are always classic, this a few of his achievements The Future Awards 2006 and 2009 (Producer of the Year)
Hip-hop World Awards 2007 and 2008 (Producer of the Year)
Nigeria Music Awards (NMA) 2007 Producer of the decade.
Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) 2008 for “Producer of the
Decade”
LEAP Africa Award 2007 for his “Creativity, Fortitude &
Exemplary Leadership In the Music Industry”
The Partnership Awards 2008 for “supporting the Worship For
Change Concert”
One Gospel Awards for “Gospel Composer/ Writer of the
Year” (2008)......And I think he is the best writer ever liveth in Nigeria

with this awards in his archives(Cobhams),then i think Don jazzy is the greatest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by AyakaDunukofia: 1:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Don Jazzy, historically speaking, is not the "greatest" Nigerian music producer. He's fortunate to emerge in the scene in the era music became a multi million Naira business because of the advanced technology the era offers.

When you talk of great pop music producers in the history of Nigeria, you must pay tribute to the following people before Don Jazzy:

*Jake Sollo
*Odhion Iruoje
*Lemmy Jackson
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Themandator: 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

Clearly, you no nothing about music. Which artiste has more albums than 9ice? Not even 2baba, D'banj or Psquare? 9ice has dropped 7 albums, about to drop his eighth. Apart from D'banj, which of Don Jazzy's artiste has won the MOBO?
Years of relevance? Lemme tell you something, not one can sit on the throne forever. When 9ice beat Asa, Psquare and D'banj to win the MOBO is 2008, where were you? Where were other artistes when 9ice was called upon as the African artiste to perform at Nelson Mandela's birthday. Which album is more successful than Gongo Aso in Nigerian pop industry. You had better go and learn.

Nice has just one album and can be termed a one album wonder boy.... I'm not Yoruba but enjoyed his gongoaso as well as street credibility tracks .. EVery other is a collection of nonsense otherwise let him headline a show somewhere in warri..... Not sitting on the throne forever is not same as becoming irrelevant.... Dbanj is no longer on the throne but remains relevant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Themandator: 1:50pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

You clearly don't know what or who to ascribe the title of a legend to in the Music Industry in Nigeria..... Nice is no where near the description.... He is just a one album fortunate chap.... Legend are those whose active days in their sector went beyond the budding era into the growth and advancement regime or stage.

2face was there before nice ,I believe and has held his own in the face of multitude of talents that are unleashed in the sector, year after year.... His stamina goes beyond then when the numbers of artist could be counted on top of one's fingers... Legends of this era : psquare, dbanj,....artist.... Producers.. Don jazzy, J Martins and the young chap responsible for most of 2face works that dbanj misled into signing up with him... They seem to have parted ways
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2016
Themandator:

Nice has just one album and can be termed a one album wonder boy.... I'm not Yoruba but enjoyed his gongoaso as well as street credibility tracks .. EVery other is a collection of nonsense otherwise let him headline a show somewhere in warri..... Not sitting on the throne forever is not same as becoming irrelevant.... Dbanj is no longer on the throne but remains relevant.

It seems you are dreaming or something. After Gongo Aso, do you know Tradition earned him artiste of the year 2009? So you can that trash!! Even in 2011, his collab with Vector won the best rap single of the year. His album, Versus, was nominated for album of the year 2011, but was won by Wizkid. He didn't win awards that year because of all his scandals. Shakashiky, Everything ft Tiwa Savage, Loni ni ft Dagrin are all top tracks on that album. Songs on those albums are still being played till date. If an artiste does not appeal to you, nobody cares, he still appeals to his fans.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Themandator: 1:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Oh please! Remove Mo' Hits/D'banj's career from him and let's see what he's left with. D'banj put him on and let him shine, hype and all. Flip D'banj's career (I mean D'banj of Mo' Hits) on OJB and y'all be tripping 'bout how OJB's the greatest there is today!

Na so. The same way some people blabbed that Mr. May D was behind Psquare success and till date is yet to scratch the surface of their achievement in the game.

Dbanj made Don jazzy but couldn't make Kay Switch, till date.... Amongst all the Mohit crew he remains the only one without an album till date.... The only one without any form or endorsement even from all this betting companies.... And is likely to finish his music career without ever mounting a stage to collect any awards it perform to a large audience on his own account.

How come he is yet to make another person including Tonto?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Themandator: 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Shymm3x:
Lol.

It seems folks have bastardised the word "genius". I honestly don't know how a guy who makes basic/generic beats with no layers can be termed the "greatest Nigerian producer". If he's actually the greatest - then the Nigerian music industry is dead meat and it has a long way to go.

I'd even say Davido makes better beats than the guy since he produces his own tunes. And whoever made 9ice's "gongo aso" and Dagrin's "pon pon pon" are far ahead of the guy in terms of production cos those are like most decent beats I've heard in naija music.

Then you had the magic of Fela Kuti. Though it was live band - but no one dead, alive, and/or unborn is touching what Fela Kuti created. That's genius right there, hence he's the most sampled artist ever out of Africa.

Don fatty needs to take several seats.

Tpsice or something is responsible for Davids success and he himself has not shied away from saying so...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
Themandator:

You clearly don't know what or who to ascribe the title of a legend to in the Music Industry in Nigeria..... Nice is no where near the description.... He is just a one album fortunate chap.... Legend are those whose active days in their sector went beyond the budding era into the growth and advancement regime or stage.

2face was there before nice ,I believe and has held his own in the face of multitude of talents that are unleashed in the sector, year after year.... His stamina goes beyond then when the numbers of artist could be counted on top of one's fingers... Legends of this era : psquare, dbanj,....artist.... Producers.. Don jazzy, J Martins and the young chap responsible for most of 2face works that dbanj misled into signing up with him... They seem to have parted ways

ogbeni, stick to your opinion and don't try to override other people's views. Let your definition of ''Legend'' remain your personal view. You can as well query MI for calling Dagrin a legend. No Forbes or Guinness gives a rank or list of legendary artistes. My opinion remains that 9ice is a legend and he is! No album has ever been able to surpass Gongo Aso in Nigerian Pop music industry ever! Tradition remains one of the most highest selling albums ever! 9ice remains one of the few artistes who dished out several reasonable songs. I don't even know a single one from D'banj. Let your hatred beclowed you but be exclusive to yourself. Do you know the year 9ice dropped his debut album? Have you heard is collab with Rugged in 2005? Ever Tubaba still says his best collab ever is Street Credibility. Tell me one sense you can draw from any of D'banj's songs ever.
Stick to your opinion. Enough said!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by sucess001(m): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Did you just wake up? Which art, Nice? Even without D'Banj, Don Baba will still rule!

Naaa...u re d Onw who jst woke up...or maybe u were a kid wen 9ice was reigning...

Aside dbanj...which super name has don j raise dat can compare to say nice or olamide?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by tiswell(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
Dandeson1:
made some big artists, btw don jazzy and dbanj its a 50/50 tin, they both made each other... its was easy for jazzy after the break up because he is a great producer, a great producer can work with an average artist and still chun out sumfin good, but a great artist will struggle with an average producer,
what's your point
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

can you mentioned the 7 albums if you don't mind.?
and how relevant they were?
do you know the meaning of "legend?"
someone that hasn't been consistent for up to ten yrs, you are calling a legend?
forget about what Forbs said... what does your dictionary say about " legend? " and juxtapose 9ice 's status.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

someone that hasn't been consistent for up to ten yrs, you are calling a legend?
forget about what Forbs said... what does your dictionary say about " legend? " and juxtapose 9ice 's status.

How do you measure consistency? Popularity in Biafra or what(ur username says it all)? 9ice dropped his debut album in 2006, Certificate. This is 2016, he is about to drop is eighth album. So is he not consistent or what do you mean by consistency? The only albums that performed poorly were his last double albums CNN and GRA, and despite that, everyone heard Life Drama off that album, including you. And you know it's a nice song.

Before 2008, no one cared about indigenous or Yoruba pop. Every used mostly English. After Gongo Aso, people started listening to Yoruba. 9ice did a collab with Lord of Ajasa which single-handedly made Yoruba rap popular. In 2010, Dagrin's death pushed the art beyond proportion. Now thanks to the likes of Olamide and the others who are sustaining it. This was what paved the way for your brother, Phyno, who joined the league of indigenous rappers in 2013, something he never thought of, if not for the popularity the Yorubas gave to indigenous stuff.
So what am I saying? 9ice played a major role in the success of indigenous pop music today. And you say such a man is not a legend? Let him drop his eighth album and tell me he his not consistent. His acceptance reduced due to the scandals that he rocked himself with in the case of Tony Payne, Cabassa, Ruggedman and bloggers. But that does not rule out the fact that he is a legend. Or are you saying Tuface and D'banj are the only legend in Nigeria pop industry? 2baba will even slap you if he hears that! You know nothing about 9ice so keep quiet!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by keke87(m): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
No doubt that he's a genius in the game but not all hits 4rm Mo hit & Mavin came 4rm Don J. They have in house producer but Don J takes all the credit. His brand is just well packaged & that is his leverage.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by gmaribel(m): 4:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

Fela is a legend undisputed.
Majek Fashek even in his travails is a legend.
Tubaba is a legend.

They create music that cut across tribes.... 9ice's music only appeals to those who understand Yoruba and get the message he passes.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2016
gmaribel:

Fela is a legend undisputed.
Majek Fashek even in his travails is a legend.
Tubaba is a legend.

They create music that cut across tribes.... 9ice's music only appeals to those who understand Yoruba and get the message he passes.

So those who don't understand Yoruba cannot get the message in No be Mistake, Life Drama, Life is Beautiful, Street Credibility, Show Some Love etc right?

And can you tell me why Gongo Aso appealed to all non-Yorubas that 9ice had to be invited to perform at Nelson Mandela's birthday? Abi Nelson Mandela also understood Yoruba?

Can you tell me why Sunny Ade got nominated for the Grammy Awards when ALL of his songs are in Yoruba?

Always learn to keep quiet when you no nothing about a subject!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobleking2000(m): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

Why is he always working with Yoruba artistes and not artistes from the Yeast?

You yorubas are parasites they can't stand on thier own they always like to depend on someone to achieve thier goals.

Thier is this igbo saying that says "IGBO ENWE EZE "
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nobleking2000:

You yorubas are parasites they can't stand on thier own they always like to depend on someone to achieve thier goals.

Thier is this igbo saying that says "IGBO ENWE EZE "

Really? Is that why Igbos keep coming to do their business in Lagos? Is that why many Igbo artistes like Chidinma and Psuare(E je A Jo) now sing in Yoruba? Is that why Don Jazzy Cannot find any Igbo artiste to work with except Yorubas? Is that Tuface had to rely on Kenny Ogungbe and D1 for success? Is that why...? I can go on and on.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by gmaribel(m): 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

So those who don't understand Yoruba cannot get the message in No be Mistake, Life Drama, Life is Beautiful, Street Credibility, Show Some Love etc right?
I understand Yoruba perfectly. Won bi mi le Eko. I love his tracks especially "lenu won so" with Ajasa and Photocopy but if I play these songs with my guys who don't understand Yoruba they like the beat but don't appreciate them for their worth because they don't understand his proverbs.

I think he has a unique voice and look forward to more hits from him.

Sorry Bro... I can't be drawn into your hate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oge Obidiebube Who Called Out Kiki Mordi Talks About Commiting Suicide / Lala Akindoju & Gbubemi Fregene 'Chef Fregz' Pre-wedding Photos / Iheoma Nnadi’s Wedding Planner, Diamond Ink Event Reacts To Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.