Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer (27232 Views)

Onyeka Nwelue: "Don Jazzy Is Broke, He Is A Tenant". Don Jazzy Reacts / Marriage Palava! Don Jazzy Is Trending, See Nigerian Tweets / You Won’t Believe Who Don Jazzy Is Dating As He Shows Off His Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

there are categories of Grammy awards, dedicated to international art..and Nigerians have been nominated a few times... so there no suicide in it.

Dont you see my point now?! Nomination is the best and farthest any nigerian can get.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Appswheel(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2016
4. Social Media Promo
I hope he will also take advantage of MusikGenie Music Messaging Platform, that allow users dedicate songs to their loved ones - www.musikgenie.com

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by danbrowndmf(m): 6:39pm On Feb 06, 2016
I gree with all u wrote here. But the ODD is currently against marvins now since the Headies incident with olamide. If you don't understand simply ask why..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by summerflame(m): 6:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
9ice ft Sean tizzle - loke loke 9ice ft kwam 1 - health is wealth 9ice ft vector - angeli 9ice ft tuface - credibility 9ice ft ajasa - fenu so 9ice ft king sunny Ade - in the making 9ice ft p square - all the way 9ice ft asa .... e.t.c
9ice is a living legend after tuface.. The legend of this generation
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

How do you measure consistency? Popularity in Biafra or what(ur username says it all)? 9ice dropped his debut album in 2006, Certificate. This is 2016, he is about to drop is eighth album. So is he not consistent or what do you mean by consistency? The only albums that performed poorly were his last double albums CNN and GRA, and despite that, everyone heard Life Drama off that album, including you. And you know it's a nice song.

Before 2008, no one cared about indigenous or Yoruba pop. Every used mostly English. After Gongo Aso, people started listening to Yoruba. 9ice did a collab with Lord of Ajasa which single-handedly made Yoruba rap popular. In 2010, Dagrin's death pushed the art beyond proportion. Now thanks to the likes of Olamide and the others who are sustaining it. This was what paved the way for your brother, Phyno, who joined the league of indigenous rappers in 2013, something he never thought of, if not for the popularity the Yorubas gave to indigenous stuff.
So what am I saying? 9ice played a major role in the success of indigenous pop music today. And you say such a man is not a legend? Let him drop his eighth album and tell me he his not consistent. His acceptance reduced due to the scandals that he rocked himself with in the case of Tony Payne, Cabassa, Ruggedman and bloggers. But that does not rule out the fact that he is a legend. Or are you saying Tuface and D'banj are the only legend in Nigeria pop industry? 2baba will even slap you if he hears that! You know nothing about 9ice so keep quiet!

what has my username name got to do with the issue at hand
are you OK at all?
so if my username happens not to be an indigenous name how wud you know my tribe?
if my name is "John" wud you say the same thing by judging me based on my tribe?

who told you that DAGRIN OR OLAMIDE pioneered indigenous rap and made way for PHYNO

HAVE YOU HEARD OF "NIGGA RAW?"... THAT GUY PROBABLY STARTED RAPPING IN IGBO EVEN BEFORE DAGRIN STARTED MUSIC.
what trash are you talking about?

asked you simple questions you cudnt answer instead fanning ambers of tribalism.
what are 9 ice's albums...mention all and tell me their impact?.. well na you get your mouth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
olatemitayo:

Dont you see my point now?! Nomination is the best and farthest any nigerian can get.

when it comes to awards and what not... Nigeria generally has a negative image in international community.. like it or not, does affect us.
for example, am sure you have heard what your president said about Nigerias in UK been notorious for crime? , such comments are what is killing us.

can you believe that MARIAM MAKEBA was once under the tutelage of FELA KUTI?..SHE WENT ON TO WIN A GRAMMY AWARD BUT FELA NEVER DID,how do you explain that? that is what negative image does to a country

you talking about suicide is way overboard.. if they are nominated, then they are good as winning it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by kingwale1: 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
sarzy:

Clearly, you no nothing about music. Which artiste has more albums than 9ice? Not even 2baba, D'banj or Psquare? 9ice has dropped 7 albums, about to drop his eighth. Apart from D'banj, which of Don Jazzy's artiste has won the MOBO?
Years of relevance? Lemme tell you something, not one can sit on the throne forever. When 9ice beat Asa, Psquare and D'banj to win the MOBO is 2008, where were you? Where were other artistes when 9ice was called upon as the African artiste to perform at Nelson Mandela's birthday. Which album is more successful than Gongo Aso in Nigerian pop industry. You had better go and learn.
Your answer wande coal m2m.... Tu face grass 2 grace
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingwale1:

I can still understand 2face's grass2grace but to say wande coal's mushin to mohits was more successful than Gongo Aso......

Gerrarahia mehn undecided undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by kingwale1: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
adeaks:

I can still understand 2face's grass2grace but to say wande coal's mushin to mohits was more successful than Gongo Aso......

Gerrarahia mehn undecided undecided
I can see you're a 9ice fanatic... M2m changed the music in Nigeria...... Every track on the album was a hit, from track one to the bonus tracks and don't forget the album get gave birth to the wizkid and Davidos of today
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingwale1:

I can see you're a 9ice fanatic... M2m changed the music in Nigeria...... Every track on the album was a hit, from track one to the bonus tracks and don't forget the album get gave birth to the wizkid and Davidos of today

I can see you are a wande coal fanatic. M2M changed music in Nigeria I laugh in Mandarin. grin

How many awards did the album win? Who heard of that album outside Nigeria? We are comparing albums in terms of success and you are comparing M2M to Gongo Aso. Smh undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

what has my username name got to do with the issue at hand
are you OK at all?
so if my username happens not to be an indigenous name how wud you know my tribe?
if my name is "John" wud you say the same thing by judging me based on my tribe?

who told you that DAGRIN OR OLAMIDE pioneered indigenous rap and made way for PHYNO

HAVE YOU HEARD OF "NIGGA RAW?"... THAT GUY PROBABLY STARTED RAPPING IN IGBO EVEN BEFORE DAGRIN STARTED MUSIC.
what trash are you talking about?

asked you simply questions you cudnt answer instead fanning ambers of tribalism.
what 9 ice albums...mention all tell me their impact?

Let me quickly educate you, before I educate that guy above you.

1. I sighted ur username because I suspected that you seemed to be arguing based on tribal sentiments rather than facts. BTW, I'm sorry for that. It would be more interesting if argued educatively judging by the records, instead of emotion.

2. I never said Grin or Baddo pioneered indigenous rap. I said Dagrin's death made it more popular.

3. Ask anybody anywhere in the world, Lord of Ajasa and AY.com started indigenous rap in Nigeria. Niggah Raw dropped his debut album in 2005, Dagrin dropped his own in 2006. All through this times, indigenous rap wasn't popular or widely acclaimed. It started becoming popular in 2008, when Le Fe'nu So was released by Lord of Ajasa with major input by rave of that moment- 9ice. 9ice's style further made indigenous pop totally popular through Gongo Aso, that he even became the only African artiste to be invited to perform at Nelson Mandela's 90th birth, a continent that had artistes like Tuface, Dbanj, Psquare, Akon etc. This same Gongo Aso earned 9ice the MOBO, when he defeated Psquare, Dbanj and Asa who were all nominated. Till date, Psquare and Asa have never won the MOBO- Africa's Grammy Award. That was how indigenous pop became extremely popular. So you see the effect of 9ice? Don't forget that in that same year, ID Cabassa won best producer defeating Don Jazzy, even with their biggest song, Fall in Love at that time. If you weren't a kid then, you shouldn't have forgotten this; which was why I slighted your username, because I thought your were being tribally sentimental. Now, Dagrin's death in 2010 made indigenous rap more popular than ever before, paving the way for Olamide, who keeps holding it down till date.

4. Olamide paved the way for Phyno. Yes! If you disagree, just ask Phyno. Phyno himself said it in an interview. He further said that Olamide was his biggest influence. Don't forget Ghost Mode in 2013 o, three years after Olamide had already been in the game. Some years ago, people were comparing Olamide with Phyno, I'm sure you dare not do that this time. Phyno was already in the industry as a producer. He himself said Olamide invited him to take up Igbo rap. Abeg leave trash for lawma.

4. What questions did you ask me which I couldn't answer? 9ice's albums' impacts? I think my epistle has already answered that. You may tell me D'banj's albums' impacts.

And hey, don't forget Ruggedman's biggest rap song ever! Atewo of 2006. Do you know 9ice chorused it?

Even now that 9ice is not as relevant as before, Sean Teazle still had to feature him on Loke Loke which became. And AY.com is back with a new single ft 9ice and Oritsefemi.

Scandals and 9ice's concentration on politics was what lowered his musical acceptance. He is still legend! Biko, leave trash for lawma joor.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
kingwale1:

Let me educate you. I don't argue with emotion, I argue with facts and figures. I will give you all the statistics. BTW, I'm not a 9ice fanatic. He's not even my favourite artiste. My favourite artiste is Beautiful Nubia, and he is not so popular. I'm simply a music analyst. I write articles on music, review albums and songs; hence I listen to all kinds of songs. So let's start the analysis.

Tuface released Grass to Grace in December 2006. Great album, no doubt! It won the MOBO. But not greater than Gongo Aso. Biggest tracks on the albums were See Me So, True Love, For Instance, If Love is a Crime and My Love ft VIP. None of this tracks went more viral than Gongo Aso as a track, and Street Credibility. Don't forget Photocopy. Gongo Aso also won the MOBO award like Grass to Grace. Everyone knew Gongo Aso, both professors and illiterates. There was no street person or pop music-inclined person who didn't know Street Credibility back then. Even Jimmy Jatt still says Street Credibility remains his second best song ever, after African Queen. Listen, I'm not saying 9ice is better than 2baba; pls don't misunderstand me. Even 9ice himself said he worships Tubaba, hence he featured him twice. As a music analyst, I'm telling you that, in terms of acceptance, popularity or whatever you call success, Gongo Aso as an album surpassed Grass to Grace.

To the second artiste you mentioned; Wande Coal dropped M2M in 2009. Biggest songs on that album were Bumper to Bumper and Who Born the Maga. Lol, which of these songs can stand tracks on Gongo Aso. People are still rocking songs on Gongo Aso till date. For the records, M2M did not even win the MOBO or Headies. And no song on the album won Song of the Year. So what are we talking about here. How can you compare it with Gongo Aso that won Song of the Year, Album of the Year, MOBO, MTV etc, and even made 9ice perform as the the African artiste at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 11:06am On Feb 07, 2016
sarzy:

Let me quickly educate you, before I educate that guy above you.

1. I sighted ur username because I suspected that you seemed to be arguing based on tribal sentiments rather than facts. BTW, I'm sorry for that. It would be more interesting if argued educatively judging by the records, instead of emotion.

2. I never said Grin or Baddo pioneered indigenous rap. I said Dagrin's death made it more popular.

3. Ask anybody anywhere in the world, Lord of Ajasa and AY.com started indigenous rap in Nigeria. Niggah Raw dropped his debut album in 2005, Dagrin dropped his own in 2006. All through this times, indigenous rap wasn't popular or widely acclaimed. It started becoming popular in 2008, when Le Fe'nu So was released by Lord of Ajasa with major input by rave of that moment- 9ice. 9ice's style further made indigenous pop totally popular through Gongo Aso, that he even became the only African artiste to be invited to perform at Nelson Mandela's 90th birth, a continent that had artistes like Tuface, Dbanj, Psquare, Akon etc. This same Gongo Aso earned 9ice the MOBO, when he defeated Psquare, Dbanj and Asa who were all nominated. Till date, Psquare and Asa have never won the MOBO- Africa's Grammy Award. That was how indigenous pop became extremely popular. So you see the effect of 9ice? Don't forget that in that same year, ID Cabassa won best producer defeating Don Jazzy, even with their biggest song, Fall in Love at that time. If you weren't a kid then, you shouldn't have forgotten this; which was why I slighted your username, because I thought your were being tribally sentimental. Now, Dagrin's death in 2010 made indigenous rap more popular than ever before, paving the way for Olamide, who keeps holding it down till date.

4. Olamide paved the way for Phyno. Yes! If you disagree, just ask Phyno. Phyno himself said it in an interview. He further said that Olamide was his biggest influence. Don't forget Ghost Mode in 2013 o, three years after Olamide had already been in the game. Some years ago, people were comparing Olamide with Phyno, I'm sure you dare not do that this time. Phyno was already in the industry as a producer. He himself said Olamide invited him to take up Igbo rap. Abeg leave trash for lawma.

4. What questions did you ask me which I couldn't answer? 9ice's albums' impacts? I think my epistle has already answered that. You may tell me D'banj's albums' impacts.

And hey, don't forget Ruggedman's biggest rap song ever! Atewo of 2006. Do you know 9ice chorused it?

Even now that 9ice is not as relevant as before, Sean Teazle still had to feature him on Loke Loke which became. And AY.com is back with a new single ft 9ice and Oritsefemi.

Scandals and 9ice's concentration on politics was what lowered his musical acceptance. He is still legend! Biko, leave trash for lawma joor.

got your point.

9ice is one person I believe still has a lot of music in him, mainly because he has a unique sound and deep lyrics as for legendary status, well that's another sermon for another day.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Chukazu:

when it comes to awards and what not... Nigeria generally has a negative image in international community.. like it or not, does affect us.
for example, am sure you have heard what your president said about Nigerias in UK been notorious for crime? , such comments are what is killing us.

can you believe that MARIAM MAKEBA was once under the tutelage of FELA KUTI?..SHE WENT ON TO WIN A GRAMMY AWARD BUT FELA NEVER DID,how do you explain that? that is what negative image does to a country

you talking about suicide is way overboard.. if they are nominated, then they are good as winning it.

on the presidents comment, he was addressing Nigerians and he couldnt have spoken the truth better. mind you, is image about talks or doings? if Nigerians abroad had cautioned themselves, they wouldnt be seeing us dat way. afterall, other africans sha do win grammy.... no be so?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Chukazu: 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
olatemitayo:

on the presidents comment, he was addressing Nigerians and he couldnt have spoken the truth better. mind you, is image about talks or doings? if Nigerians abroad had cautioned themselves, they wouldnt be seeing us dat way. afterall, other africans sha do win grammy.... no be so?

yes! other Africans do win Grammy, but compare there image with that of nigeria.
consider the FELA scenario I painted. anybody who has gone beyond the Shores of the country would know the image problem we face

whether image is talk or doings?... well,image is "EVERYTHING" ... you can ask SPRITE
Re: 5 Reasons Why Don Jazzy Is The Greatest Nigerian Producer by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 13, 2016
mightyfada:

Though I agree with you but where you made a mistake is where you said many people are familiar with Don Jazzy if not for wande coal. Dbanj made Don Jazzy who he his today and vice versa.

They both started from JJC and 419 Squad back in the late 90's and early 20's.

Both Dbanj and Don J were back up boys more lile crew boys. Don Jazzy was always drumming konga while Dbanj was with his harmonica.

The group scattered but Dbanj and Don J came together and started Mohits.

So both of them made themselves not Wande Coal. Because before Wande Coal came they were hit music like Tongolo, All The Way, Mobolowowan etc.

Wande Coal first appearance in Mohits was at Dbanj video of Why Me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oge Obidiebube Who Called Out Kiki Mordi Talks About Commiting Suicide / Lala Akindoju & Gbubemi Fregene 'Chef Fregz' Pre-wedding Photos / Iheoma Nnadi’s Wedding Planner, Diamond Ink Event Reacts To Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.