Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! (5568 Views)

Pic: Awesome And Wondrous Science Facts You Probably Don't Know / 24 Shocking Science Facts / 100 Science Facts You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! by abdulaz: 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
Very informative.
Re: 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! by kowalsky: 12:55am On Feb 07, 2016
Ben1975:
Many believe HIV and AIDS (like myself) are man made

When I was living in the west they tried to counteract arguments that some thought HIV was made made by showing what they claimed was a microscopic picture of the virus.

This object (circular in nature) was so perfectly shaped the was no way that could be a biological organism. under the microscope mother nature is unable to create such perfect shapes. They obviously brought this fabrication of an image to deceive gullible people.

Then as arguments started go grow another report came out that 50% of all HIV and AIDS diagnoses were wrong.

But here is one of the most telling issues. Every type of human being has sex yet you only see HIV consistently appear among the lower classes, blacks or homosexuals. The excuse is about lack of education among poor people but are you really trying to tell me that rich people don't have unprotected sex?

How many times have you heard somebody in the west who is in the very rich bracket contracting HIV?

Another tell tell sign is myths. when there are no real concrete facts about its true origins myths will arise. Like they say "in the absence of knowledge superstition kicks in".

lol. mehn ur ignorance is groundbreaking..
Charlee sheen has hiv for hades sake
Re: 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! by Nobody: 4:37am On Feb 07, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
BUT D TOPIC SAYS "science 'facts'"

Yet some of facts don't have a formidable nd Proven hypothesis and experiment to back it up by a reputable
I wanna believe you know what quotation marks are used for. undecided
Re: 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! by stzy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
LastMumu:
How is the OP wrong? your post clearly alludes to what op wrote na
these his so called scientific facts are not scientific. Facts pls... Example: did IUPAC endorse what u wrote that water conducts electricity. Chemists run conductivity test on Water as a test of mineral content. Concept of evolution has not been endorsed as a scientific fact by any scientific comunity. I will only say that this is the type of thing bloggers write to garner traffic. I was expecting to see where they disprove any newtons law or metabolic processes or cosmos theories. May that g is not 9.8m/s on approxiamtion again. Thank God he captions them as myths.
Re: 13 Science “facts” You Thought Were True, But Are Actually Wrong! by Ben1975(m): 8:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
kowalsky:

lol. mehn ur ignorance is groundbreaking..
Charlee sheen has hiv for hades sake

Pay attention; I didn't say it doesnt exist I said it is man made

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Sister Barred From Attending Call To Bar Ceremony / Uniosun VC Allegedly Strip Student For Wearing An Inscribed Jean (photo) / Can I Apply For Jamb And D.E, The Same Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.