Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,285 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Weekend Muse With Kunbi Black - My Boo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Weekend Muse With Kunbi Black - My Boo (653 Views)

No Valentine Boo, I Cried Myself To Sleep Last Night / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 3, Day 16 "Me And My Boo" Pix Inside / Weekend Muse With Kunbi Black: The Lagos Hustle Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Weekend Muse With Kunbi Black - My Boo by PenAStory: 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/02/06/meet-my-boo-kunbi-black/

“Kunbistic, kunbelolo! You haven’t told me who the new babe is oh!” My mum had started her regular early morning teasing. “Nobody!” I replied bluntly. I was tired of sharing my relationship issues with my best friend – her. I was beginning to feel like I was boring her with my consistent tales though she never showed any sign of being tired when listened to my beauty and the beast stories. My stories always had a good beginning like in the fairy tales but never has this prince been able to walk off into the sunset with an adorable princess. One minute I am gisting her about this new girl I met and how I plan to take her serious, the next minute, I am telling her how we were just so not compatible because she talks too much. It was the same old story always waiting to be told all over from Titi, Ngozi, Shalewa, to Jennifer and the forty-five others.

Lol! I know what just went through your mind. I know you are already nailing me to the cross with your condemnation, that raise of the eyebrow and that looking down at me from under the bridge of your nose. You are thinking how on earth I remain “boo-less” despite having been with over fifty girls. The truth is I have no idea except that I go with what my friend, Deji keeps telling me when my relationship issues come up “Kunbi ehn! The girl you would settle with is the one you would create with your own hands, mumu oshi.”

Who knows? Deji might just be right! I think my problem is I am looking for that boo that meets all my criteria. I am looking for the ONE. That one that happens to look and act like the one I have it pictured in my head. The one that would continually put a smile on my face even when we are soaking garri together and arguing about whether to buy sugar or groundnut with the last ten naira in the house. That there is my boo but since she didn’t seem to be coming any time soon, I took my problems to God and trust as always he answered my prayers. I finally found the perfect one. I finally found the one with whom I am always at peace. I finally found the perfect one. I found the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh. I finally found my boo but my mum was skeptical about my decision of a boo. It took about three months to convince her to make her see how serious I was about this one. Mom had no choice but to succumb when she saw how happy my boo made me.

Trust me, my boo is not any ordinary man’s food. My boo also has a very unique name. She goes by the name – SISTER CAREER. You have no idea how blissful my relationship with my career has been. It has been peace like a smooth flowing river. With her I don’t have to worry about calls, messages or buying of gifts on valentine, birthdays and random days to prove my affection. All we worry about is getting her bigger because the bigger she becomes, the richer and more famous I become.

Find similar stuffs on www.penastory.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Padypady.com The Nigeria Website That Have Attracted Facebook And Google / Student Of Imo State University Died As Students Poured Him Water In Jubilation / Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.