Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize (657 Views)

Vote My Story For The Etisalat Flash Fiction Award / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest- BURSTED / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize by Isomerizm(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2016
Hello nairalanders. Please I need your votes to win the flash fiction prize. Below are my story and the link to voting page.

Just click on the 'like' button, represented by the thumbs up emoji.

Please every vote counts. Thanks.

Bar Mitzvah

“Mama!” He wasn’t sure which made his body pummel the breeze that attacked: his enthusing voice? the mild wind itself? He just felt his body race at an astonishing pace, without considering the steep possibility that, he might bruise his festering knee once more.
“Mama!”
“Ehn what is it Ikunga?” The emanciated, yellow-turned-brown woman looked up from her tray of remaining white beans for the first time, since the dawn sired twilight.
“Mama I came third! You told me that if I should go higher than fourth this term, you would buy me aeroplane.” The six-year-old panted, inching his report card gleefully at his grandma.
The wrinkled woman who, to the chap’s whetted knowledge didn’t know how to read, merely set her beans aside, collected the lean boy ahead of the card and nestled his head in her breasts. She then, to the amusement of Ikunga, took the card and pretended to read things, she knew weren’t there.
“But you know that the two people before you don’t have two heads.”
“If you buy me aeroplane, I will come first next term.” He made the ‘I pledge’ sign.
“Stay here to help me chase the goats off. You hear? Ndo!" Grandma gathered the rest of herself, clambered inside the half-mud, half-air house.
As she counted the aeroplane money which, she had hidden quarter-days ago, she suddenly fell. The sound from outside must have hit her real big.
“These children. It is not christmas yet na.”
She snailed back outside to ensure Ikunga wasn’t part of the nuisance. But Ikunga wasn’t there. Just the tray and the ottoman in total peace, and the shreds of a six-year-old amongst many others, mixed in blood, and earth and pellets, and the writings: We fight for God

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2215

Obinnau
Seun
Lalasticlala

Please help me move this to the front page. Thanks.
Re: Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize by Isomerizm(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
MrsExplorer
Seun
Lalasticlala
Obinnau
Re: Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize by HelenaG(f): 1:25am On Nov 12, 2016
Want to trade votes?
Re: Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize by Isomerizm(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
HelenaG:
Want to trade votes?
how many votes are you giving?
Re: Help A Nairalander Win The Etisalat Flash Fiction Prize by HelenaG(f): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
One for each I receive. But the website only allows you to vote only once per story

Isomerizm:
how many votes are you giving?

(1) (Reply)

Pursuit Of Passion, Act1 Scene 2 Continuation / Payback Time(getting Me Back) / I Have Divorced Him Long Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.