Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 PM

Rising Rate Of Cultism; Are There Good People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rising Rate Of Cultism; Are There Good People? (361 Views)

Is Freemasonry/other Forms Of Cultism Compatible With Jehovah? / Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rising Rate Of Cultism; Are There Good People? by frankijege(m): 3:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
John (not real name) was admitted to study in a higher institution after several years of consistent sitting for the qualifying examination. He was lucky after the fourth attempt.

After registration, he made friends with some do gooders, who usually underkate to be your guide in a new environment, especially an academic one. That was how a friendship was struck with this older student.

John was invited to a party,which he did attend. At the party, something happened which he found discomfitting. He had been initiated into a cult! He didn't like that fact as he has been raised a good christian.

Disturbed, he didn't know what to do. So, he approached a lecturer in his department and confided in him. Unfortunately for John, the lecturer himself is a grandmaster in the association. That was the beginning of the end for John. We woke up one morning to the news of his death. After two days, his obituary pictures were pasted everywhere with his obsequies. Na so him own finish!
This is no fiction, it happened for real and I knew John. I will not mention the name of the school, but it happened some eleven years ago.

I shared this story because I logged into facebook this morning to read about the sudden death of a graduate of Pschology, who was recently killed by cultists.

It is needless to say we are losing many agile young men/women to cult activities. Hundreds of people are wasted daily by the bullets of misguided youths who are members of cults.
This is a menace that society must frown at. Why has cult come to stay in our society? The Ivory Towers that used to be the citadel of learning and a breeding ground for progressives and activist, is now a base for cult and other social disorder.

One question that keeps propping whenever I think about this, is who should be blamed? Is it the society, our higher institutions, security system or our leaders? I don't know where to lay the blame, especially whenever I recall a bragger I heard recently saying that there is cult every where and before one can make it, one must belong to a cult.
I just shook my head and told myself that parents should be ready to bury more children.

But is it really true that there are benefits that comes with being a cultist? I really don't know. Most of the cultist I have seen or heard of, a lead a miserable life and are alway on the run. Are these the benefit?

Good(are there?) people must rise up and do something about the growing influence of cultism in our society. Refusing to do that may translate into an early grave for our kids, youths, men and women. May you not lose your child/ward to the bullets of blood thirsty cultists
Where are our religious institutions

(1) (Reply)

Bme 9: A New You In Christ Jesus (part 1) / Manna (must Read) / Danger Of Anger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.