Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? (3103 Views)

Pastor James Ng'ang'a Arrested For Exposing A Woman's Breast During Deliverance / Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Exposing The Marine Kingdom, Water Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2017
(NIV)Ezekiel 28:11-19
The word of the Lord came to me: [12] “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: “ ‘You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. [13] You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone adorned you: carnelian, chrysolite and emerald, topaz, onyx and jasper, lapis lazuli, turquoise and beryl. Your settings and mountings were made of gold; on the day you were created they were prepared. [14] You were anointed as a guardian cherub, for so I ordained you. You were on the holy mount of God; you walked among the fiery stones. [15] You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you. [16] Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones. [17] Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings. [18] By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. [19] All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more. ’ ”
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2017
Evil means - Very bad, wicked, sinful, wrongdoing, wickedness, harmful, corruption

In that Ezekiel 28 the first part refers to a human entity - ruler of Tyre but from verse 11 we encounter a king, with a more supernatural nature generally accepted to be the devil or satan.

Evil is a purpose, an intent while the devil/Satan is a personality

What those the term devil or Satan mean

Devil: In Leviticus 17:7 the word "devil" is the translation of the Hebrew sair , meaning a "goat" or "satyr" ( Isaiah 13:21 ; 34:14 ), alluding to the wood-daemons, the objects of idolatrous worship among the heathen.

In Deuteronomy 32:17 and Psalms 106:37 it is the translation of Hebrew shed , meaning lord, and idol, regarded by the Jews as a "demon," as the word is rendered in the Revised Version.

Then Satan is more of a title than a name (you devil was still called Lucifer - morning star 'Venus when it's rising'). The Hebrew word satan [f'f] means "an adversary, one who resists.

In the Old Testament, then, Satan is not an evil principle opposing God. In Job "the Satan" is not God's adversary, but Job's. He Acts as one of God's subordinates/courtiers to follow his directives. (This view is premised on the idea that there is a difference in this being while he is still in heaven, rather than being cast out and being assigned to the realm of earth.) He does not seem, at this point, to be an adversary of all humans, but rather, of selected people.
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2017
People have a false belief that the devil is completely evil but that's a lie.
For something to be complete it has to be whole, be perfect, be holy and evil can't be complete or whole.
Evil is corruption, meaning it's corrupting something.

A times people think of God has positive and devil has negative, or two sides fighting of equal grounds but that's a lie.

The devil or Satan is not completely evil, he has good and evil in him
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Jesus spoke of seeing Satan "fall like lightning from heaven" ( Luke 10:18 ), a fall not identified but spoken of within the context of demons being cast outa sign of Satan's loss of authority. In Revelation, amid a war in heaven, Satan was "hurled to the earth" along with his angels/demons ( 12:9 ). He, the Accuser, was overcome by One stronger than he.

The devil has good and this is why people still worship and serve because of the good he reveals to them. His has power and glory, what he lost was his honour (his acceptance in heaven by God). He became dishonourable.

He has glory, but of the flesh
(NIV)Matthew 4:8-10
Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. [9] “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” [10] Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ ”

He has power, but to deceive

(NIV)2 Corinthians 11:13-15
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. [14] And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. [15] It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by Samsimple(m): 11:54am On Aug 15, 2017
D bros u dey talk abt just dey luk u as u dey type..later some ple will say devil do dis devil do dat..devil dey e own jeje dey play ludo wit him demons u con dey find im trouble...

2 Likes

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
Satan, devil, Lucifer are 3different entities, it is in translation that they where mudled up to be one...

Satan is the Prince of the air, he drew his cast for the earth..that is the original rendering of the Enuma elish, where the story was taken..his symbol is the Bull..he represent the left or evil side of the Elohim...his first son is Ninazu, who is the devil..Enlil is Satan, his consort is ninil..their first son is Ninazu, and he is the devil.his symbol is a goat...lucifer (inanna and also Mary the mother of Jesus in Christianity) his Ninazu first daughter...she is the goddess of death and destruction...she is the Queen of heaven. Some say she is the consort of Marduk, but I don't think so, as all the stories I have read says she is the enemy of Marduk....lucifer symbol is the lion and sometimes snake..
FYI Marduk is the Lord of the old testament..the lugal.dimmer ankia(divine king of heaven and earth)..

While Enki and his children represent the right or good side of the Elohim....
Marduk sits as the head of the pantheon and won his place by defeating the dragon Tiamat..which represents chaos...
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
sonmvayina:
Satan, devil, Lucifer are 3different entities, it is in translation that they where mudled up to be one...

Satan is the Prince of the air, he drew his cast for the earth..that is the original rendering of the Enuma elish, where the story was taken..his symbol is the Bull..he represent the left or evil side of the Elohim...his first son is Ninazu, who is the devil..Enlil is Satan, his consort is ninil..their first son is Ninazu, and he is the devil.his symbol is a goat...lucifer (inanna and also Mary the mother of Jesus in Christianity) his Ninazu first daughter...she is the goddess of death and destruction...she is the Queen of heaven. Some say she is the consort of Marduk, but I don't think so, as all the stories I have read says she is the enemy of Marduk....lucifer symbol is the lion and sometimes snake..
FYI Marduk is the Lord of the old testament..the lugal.dimmer ankia(divine king of heaven and earth)..

Marduk sits as the head of the pantheon and won his place by defeating the dragon Tiamat..which represents chaos...

wait!..all this your explanations no make sense...all dis names u dey mention nah indian name or na wetin?..
Btw..who even asked for the geneology of the devil.?...
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by 701ecilana: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
Bridgetania:

wait!..all this your explanations no make sense...all dis names u dey mention nah indian name or na wetin?..
Welcome to Nairaland and her stu.pid commenters.

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
Samsimple:
D bros u dey talk abt just dey luk u as u dey type..later some ple will say devil do dis devil do dat..devil dey e own jeje dey play ludo wit him demons u con dey find im trouble...

I didn't insult the devil oh, so what are you talking about
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
Bridgetania:

No one, just stating that...satan,devil and lucifer are 3 different deities...not one..

The Jews knew this fact, it was when it was translated that they where seen as one..they all represent different fates of man.
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
sonmvayina:

this is based on a different religious view other than the Hebrew view of God and the devil
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
BlueAngel444:
this is based on a different religious view other than the Hebrew view of God and the devil

No, not at all....the problem stated with the translation from the original language to english...the Jews worship the creator of all, that will be Marduk..but they also recognise other Gods too and their fates....marduk created the gods and gave them their station and domains..

The Jews are just the cananites that choose to worship the creator of all. Most of their written scripture was done during their exile in Babylon, so they hot the information from there.
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
sonmvayina:

now this religious view see Eltham has a dual entity having two sides, where has the bible says in deuteronomy that the Lord God is whole (complete) - you don't need any other God, or need to add to Him.

Evil like I stated isn't a balancing force like many tend to believe, it's a corrupting force that originated from the devil. That's why he is called the Father of lies. The name and title also means to veer off, to move away from. The moment he shifted from God his creator evil was born.

Like when an error develops in a computer program.

the devil CAN'T fight God, but he can fight angels, man. He has power but it's limited. Indeed God made him but he veer off
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
sonmvayina:

No, not at all....the problem stated with the translation from the original language to english...the Jews worship the creator of all, that will be Marduk..but they also recognise other Gods too and their fates....marduk created the gods and gave them their station and domains..

The Jews are just the cananites that choose to worship the creator of all. Most of their written scripture was done during their exile in Babylon, so they hot the information from there.

You know that's why moses who do I say is sending me, in reference to the voice from the burning bush, it's because the have heard of God the provider, God my Shield, the Almighty God from their fathers and their encounters.

This same Moses writing in the Torah said all these are the same God, they are all one, United. God of Abraham wasn't different from the God of Isaac nor was he different from the God of Jacob and Israel.

When you speak of literature accuracy as to history and changes made over time
Focus on the most consistent texts
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
BlueAngel444:
now this religious view see Eltham has a dual entity having two sides, where has the bible says in deuteronomy that the Lord God is whole (complete) - you don't need any other God, or need to add to Him.

Evil like I stated isn't a balancing force like many tend to believe, it's a corrupting force that originated from the devil. That's why he is called the Father of lies. The name and title also means to veer off, to move away from. The moment he shifted from God his creator evil was born.

Like when an error develops in a computer program.

the devil CAN'T fight God, but he can fight angels, man. He has power but it's limited. Indeed God made him but he veer off

It is the creator that created the other Gods too including. The Elohim is made up of 12 senior gods and the creator. It is like a council..the creator sits at the head of the pantheon..read psalm 82,

The other Gods must take permission from the creator before they do anything..both good and evil comes out from the mouth of the creator Lamentation 3:38, Isiah 45:7....they are in charge of certain fates of man like death,beauty,love,iron,war,etc..
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

It is the creator that created the other Gods too including. The Elohim is made up of 12 senior gods and the creator. It is like a council..the creator sits at the head of the pantheon..read psalm 82,

The other Gods must take permission from the creator before they do anything..both good and evil comes out from the mouth of the creator Lamentation 3:38, Isiah 45:7....they are in charge of certain fates of man like death,beauty,love,iron,war,etc..

You forgot to add jer 32:42. John10:33-36

God is sovereign, even in Revelation we see 24elders.
We the ones who are born of the Spirit are gods.
God controls the devil, he even asked permission to sift Peter like wheat. God gave permission to an evil spirit to deceive the prophets of a king so as to bring an end to his reign.
God is not a man that he should lie nor repent.

God created the devil and in Isaiah He made fire come out of him. God put Pharaoh on a destructive part (a vessel of dishonour)

God killeth and maketh alive. He has all power but good and evil, so he spoke of them (Adam and Eve) they have become more like us.

But the intent of God's heart is good, his Spirit Holy and his word true. In Him lies the course of life, in job He says who counsels the Almighty to tell him how far, how wide or how well a thing should be done. He takes all glory, he doesn't share it, he bestows the splendor and wisdom upon his servants and angels.

He doesn't seek permission from any, yet he listens and obliges to humble requests.

Am not just speaking of a God I 've heard, or read. A God I KNOW

The they you speak of, are probably angels that God as set to do his will.

An angels gives off the essence of God because of staying In His presence but they are no god
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

You forgot to add jer 32:42. John10:33-36

God is sovereign, even in Revelation we see 24elders.
We the ones who are born of the Spirit are gods.
God controls the devil, he even asked permission to sift Peter like wheat. God gave permission to an evil spirit to deceive the prophets of a king so as to bring an end to his reign.
God is not a man that he should lie nor repent.

God created the devil and in Isaiah He made fire come out of him. God put Pharaoh on a destructive part (a vessel of dishonour)

God killeth and maketh alive. He has all power but good and evil, so he spoke of them (Adam and Eve) they have become more like us.

But the intent of God's heart is good, his Spirit Holy and his word true. In Him lies the course of life, in job He says who counsels the Almighty to tell him how far, how wide or how well a thing should be done. He takes all glory, he doesn't share it, he bestows the splendor and wisdom upon his servants and angels.

He doesn't seek permission from any, yet he listens and obliges to humble requests.

Am not just speaking of a God I 've heard, or read. A God I KNOW

The they you speak of, are probably angels that God as set to do his will.

An angels gives off the essence of God because of staying In His presence but they are no god

Tell me again what the first commandment forbids, as well as the second.

"Do not serve any other God beside"....who are the other Gods please do tell..why should an only God be jealous of other Gods if they where not gods too...

Please educate yourself

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2017
Please stop quoting the new testament, it is not a continuation of the old testament. It has nothing to do with it. They are 2 different ideologies and religions
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

Tell me again what the first commandment forbids, as well as the second.

"Do not serve any other God beside"....who are the other Gods please do tell..why should an only God be jealous of other Gods if they where not gods too...

Please educate yourself

There is no god like unto me, if u know the Almighty God you will know their is none like unto him. He is all in all, he is creator, others are created.

Would you like your son to serve your servant in your presence.

He created all things for a purpose, that is to serve Him.
Unlike other gods that have images, he has no form of anything upon the earth, in the heavens or sea. Every description of him are his attributes
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:
Please stop quoting the new testament, it is not a continuation of the old testament. It has nothing to do with it. They are 2 different ideologies and religions

OK let's stick to scriptures and the purpose they were written
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

OK let's stick to scriptures and the purpose they were written

To control poor people and people with no sense....so if you believe in it, you fall into one of those category...
Which?

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

To control poor people and people with no sense....so if you believe in it, you fall into one of those category...
Which?

The Torah wasn't given to poor people, they were wealthy Israelites who hard wealth of Egypt, wealth given to them by the very Almighty God that gave them the law.
They had sense, to seek for food and water and to defend themselves against the amalikites and build the tabernacle, ark of covenant etc.

So if to you that means am poor and have no sense, then let my end by that of the righteous, those chosen by God
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
BlueAngel444:

The Torah wasn't given to poor people, they were wealthy Israelites who hard wealth of Egypt, wealth given to them by the very Almighty God that gave them the law.
They had sense, to seek for food and water and to defend themselves against the amalikites and build the tabernacle, ark of covenant etc.

So if to you that means am poor and have no sense, then let my end by that of the righteous, those chosen by God

So how does it put food on anybody 's table or help us pay our rent?

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

These are desires of the flesh and concerns and worries Lord God Almighty says He'll meet just focus on Him. Before man was made all He needed was made and even when God saw he needed, he provided EVE, Adam never solved his problems, Adam never could.

Even when Adam tried, with the leaves, God changed them to better clothes of skin.

It doesn't just put food, it puts better nutrition, longer life, protection better than any house or tent for safety is from the Lord for the earth is the Lord's and the fullness therefore

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by OtemAtum: 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
sonmvayina:

grin
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
OtemAtum:

grin
Your laughing
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
sonmvayina:

No facts at all. Please be careful what you comment. The Jews . Do you even know who the Jews are? Check for truths please. Its a very delicate topic

1 Like

Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by BlueAngel444: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
eelipumpin:

No facts at all. Please be careful what you comment. The Jews . Do you even know who the Jews are? Check for truths please. Its a very delicate topic

I have no idea what religious beliefs that is but the same lie that the devil is equal to God in some way
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=sonmvayina post=59500642]

The other Gods must take permission from the creator before they do anything..both good and evil comes out from the mouth of the creator Lamentation 3:38, Isiah 45:7....they are in charge of certain fates of man like death,beauty,love,iron,war,etc..[/quote
.the council of El is a spiritual mystery and not the assertion of what you're implying. we humans trying to use our tiny brains to understand deep eternal spiritual concepts. Its well.
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by sonmvayina(m): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
BlueAngel444:

I have no idea what religious beliefs that is but the same lie that the devil is equal to God in some way

The devil is not a dual opposite of God....both good and evil comes out from the mouth the Lord...
Re: Exposing The Truth1: Is the Devil Completely Evil? Is there good in the Devil? by petra1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil. . . He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Christian Movies Of All Time / Maxindhouse Come And Defend Your Watchtower Bible / David Did Not Kill Goliath!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 285
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.