Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,228 members, 7,825,890 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Sister Refused to Step into My House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Refused to Step into My House (1464 Views)

How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
My mum died a long time ago. Since then my sister had more or less played the part of a mother to me.

I got married recently, and it was clear from the onset that my sister didn't like the lady.

Since then she's refused to step into our house. She often request for money though and I usually give it to her.

My question is, is her action right at all? Or is she waiting for me to invite her first? Perhaps she's waiting for baby naming time? I've never given the matter serious thought until now.

She didn't approve of the lady because of her age. We've been married for over a year.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by missKiffy(f): 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
I guess she's still upset you went against her wish, just give her time, she will come arnd
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by ozy4christ(f): 8:11pm On Feb 06, 2016
Whats her problem nw,is she d one living with her?i dont kw some sisters-inlaw self,is she nt up 2 marriagable age?sorry 4 sounding dis way but i dont like such acts,anyway call her as sister,find out her reasons 4 doing such and let her kw dat 4 d fact u a married,u can handle ur family and u a no longer a boy,(but talk to her with love and respect ok)
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Vision4God: 8:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
If u know ur sis n wife no de too gree,den don't force ur sis to ur house.
If she visits, make sure u defend ur home and also ensure peaceful atmosphere for dem both. God"s wisdom bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by TheArchangel(f): 8:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
Some people are too close knitted that they find it difficult to let go.
Give her time and then invite her.

Nb, when my brothers married I even behave as if the wives no de exist. Snubbing my brother, the wife or everybody for no just cause. It makes me feel good in a wrong way, until I start accepting the " stranger " in our family.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by cococandy(f): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Invite her first before concluding that she refused to come.
It may not be out of dislike for your wife but out of respect for your marriage.
Maybe she's just giving you guys space as a newly wed couple.
Maybe trying to keep her boundaries and hoping you and your wife extend the hand of friendship for her to feel free to visit.

Remember you have a wife now. Not a single man. So you can't expect her to walk into your house like she used to without invitation.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
Don't invite her
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by yvelchstores(f): 8:37pm On Feb 06, 2016
Ppl just stress up over non issues. Shebi u are doing well? Why shld this matter bother u?
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by KanwuliaExtra: 12:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Yes! kiss
Her action is right because it is her choice!
YOU have to deal with YOUR SISTER, not YOUR WIFE! kiss
Deal with them SEPARATELY.
Simple. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Miami11: 4:13am On Feb 07, 2016
Just let your sister be, you know she dislikes the woman you married, why would you even bring her closer,

As long as you talk to her on the phone frequently, time might solve the issue if not, life has to continue.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by ShakurM(m): 11:51am On Feb 07, 2016
Your sister is probably not married, if so make she face her husband na undecided
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by jashar(f): 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Before you assume the worst, why not ask her directly or indirectly (whichever you think would work best) why she hasn't come to visit?

Have you even extended the invitation? Some people operate the principle of 'parking well' so well.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
Miami11:
Just let your sister be, you know she dislikes the woman you married, why would you even bring her closer,

As long as you talk to her on the phone frequently, time might solve the issue if not, life has to continue.

We talk once in a while.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=jashar post=42714759][/quote]

I don't believe I need to invite her. My wife is due to deliver soon. I'd inform her when she's delivered and see what happens next.
Re: My Sister Refused to Step into My House by Nyceguy92: 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
[quote author=NORAD post=42683108]

By "refuse" I take it you mean she refused your invitation or an event occurred that should have brought her to your house and she didn't come.
I think she is still letting out steam for going against her preferences.
Carry on as if it does not bother you and invite her if the occasion arises.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Man Who Has Sex With His Wife 10 Hours Every Single Day (photo) / Is It Legal For A Father To Disown His Child? / Quality Cotton Bedding Sets - Bedspread With Pillow And Duvet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.