Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) (45815 Views)

PHOTOS: Jay Jay Okocha At Lagos Marathon / Lagos Marathon 2016: Those Who Fainted (Photos) / Lagos Marathon: List Of Prize Money To Be Given To Every Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by amunkita(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
Even if she drink Ogidiga com run, she no fit complete am except she borrowed Bini people's wing..

1 Like

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Mamatee07: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
modelmike7:
This is inspiring, how many 30years old ladies can accomplish this?!

how many men here can complete it? we saw many of the men that had collapsed . Welldone to Mama, staying fit is one of the secrets to good health in old age
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by eagleonearth(m): 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2016
iomoge2:
Wao And I can't carry myself
sorry
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by hezy4real01(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2016
Nice one Grandma check she should be from this Ajegule side dia fitness no be hia
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Panzerfaust(m): 10:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
After carrying BRT..abeg commot joor.
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
amunkita:
Uwa Mmebi Lies...

She participated is quite understandable but completing the 42KM is a Zika Lie...

The world's oldest marathoner is a 100 years old.

You that is forming lies....you think it is not possible because you sit down at home drinking and eating and watching telemundo.

Get up....and exercise. It is good for you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by akoladejesu(m): 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
She looks like a second hand virgin!
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by stevecantrell: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
Wow! She's fit !
She'll give these nl randy boys a tough time in bedmatics...
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by amunkita(m): 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:

The world's oldest marathoner is a 100 years old.

You that is forming lies....you think it is not possible because you sit down at home drinking and eating and watching telemundo.

Get up....and exercise. It is good for you.

Is the oldest marathon participant a nigerian

Nwanne biko gba brake make we hear beta Lies..

If u ve ever participated in the MTN marathon of yrs back, u will know how people cut corners but sure u were still a College junior then..
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Mamatee07:

how many men here can complete it? we saw many of the men that had collapsed . Welldone to Mama, staying fit is one of the secrets to good health in old age
. . . . You are so right with that also Mamatee. I concur!
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Raymee(m): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
Damayor12:
Mummy that entered BRT...

Forget that thing!! angry undecided
Baba you are correct abeg!
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by anonimi: 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2016
appyola:
A sexagenarian, Abiola Oshodi-Adeniyibada, who not only participated in, but completed the 42km Access Bank Lagos City Marathon on Saturday has commended the sponsors and organisers of the event.

http://www.punchng.com/68-year-old-woman-completes-lagos-marathon/

Did she complete the MINI marathon of 5km or 10km or she completed the full one of 42km
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by 1miccza: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
When una close everywhere the mama no get option than to follow una dey run yeye run till she reach house naa
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by LockDown69(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
nice! this look like her sons, i can see the resemblance.
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
Fash20:
END TIMES MARATHON.

PLAY WITH SOME BALLS grin grin grin

That monkey dey take peppersoup ingredient play!!!
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 06, 2016
amunkita:

Is the oldest marathon participant a nigerian

Nwanne biko gba brake make we hear beta Lies..

If u ve ever participated in the MTN marathon of yrs back, u will know how people cut corners but sure u were still a College junior then..

Well...it may be a lie to you...but the fact is....it is possible to be fit and in shape well into your eighties.

Mitt Romney's father...George Romney was still working out....on a treadmill....well into his 80's.

And there is Ryan Giggs...who retired from football at the age of 39. He lasted that long because he took up yoga, stopped drinking, and smoking and watched what he ate.

You may not beleive....but that is because...in the words of Alexander Karelin.....they train every day of their lives...you don't.

Some people may cut corners.....but unless you have video and photographic proof that mama cut corners to run the race....I suggest you stop calling her(mama) a liar...and accept that some people put time and effort in staying fit.

P.S"...CNN article on a 92 year old marathoner.

Article on over-50 marathoners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by appyola(f): 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2016
anonimi:

Did she complete the MINI marathon of 5km or 10km or she completed the full one of 42km

check out the link attached with the report Or google it. So am expecting u to join the next marathon race even if na 3km u go run siddon
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Fash20: 10:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

That monkey dey take peppersoup ingredient play!!!
hehehe
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by dikeigbo2(m): 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2016
Congratulations to her
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by GenOrumov: 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Greatzeus:
Wow,incredible,but are you sure she still remember her age grin
That was a disrespectful comment. I guess your parents aren't close to that age?

2 Likes

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2016
I see you Docky Shittu.....With you I believe this lady actually completed the Marathon race.....

1 Like

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by TheAziz: 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
and some young ones dey faint like ram
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Toosure70: 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2016
68years? This boost my confidence in Buhari. Said baba.
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by litetias(m): 11:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
She looks fit. If I try that rubbish before 10 minutes I would be wheezing like someone suffering an asthma attack.
Marathon ko.....
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by AyamBlaze: 11:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
So withches don dey fly for day time now? 4G wireless..!
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Mayorjr(m): 1:42am On Feb 07, 2016
ELEYI GIDI GAN[color=#006600][/color] grin
grin[b][/b]
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by piagetskinner(m): 1:49am On Feb 07, 2016
Video of her from the starting point of the race to the end... Or idonbelivit
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by tpiar: 2:07am On Feb 07, 2016
Back in the olden days when everybody walked to the farm, more people fit do am sha.

But nowadays its not so easy.

1 Like

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Ebenadak(m): 2:08am On Feb 07, 2016
May na craft she b! I no talk ooo
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by Ebenadak(m): 2:09am On Feb 07, 2016
May b na craft she b
Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by wellmax(m): 3:47am On Feb 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

so how come the media and event organizers knew her age ? SHE OBVIOUSLY TOLD THEM ... She looks literate too

I don't intend to be mean, but your comment is crass. Don't assume every old person is like those in your village; illiterate. This woman is literate, knows her age and completed the race. Go to National Stadium any weekend, you will see her there.

3 Likes

Re: This 68-Year-Old Woman Completed Lagos Marathon (Photo) by nwasteve(m): 4:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Congratulations! But that woman is not up to 68

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mikel Obi, Olga Diyachenko And Their Kids / Arsenal Player Salaries 2017-18 (clubs Wage Bill Revealed) / Femi Opabunmi Seen Begging In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.