Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing (752 Views)

Another Fantastic Business Idea In Town / Help Me With A Real Time Business idea In The Area Of Agriculture /ICT / Now Is The Time To Start That Business Idea In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 10:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
Business Idea: An e-platform that shows people their lost item(s) has been found by someone.
Details: The platform as described above is to offer a platform for people who have found an item(s) or lost item(s) to connect with the owner or know who has found it.
When a person finds an item(s) he/she is confused as to what to do with it or where to take it to. This is when our platform comes in by allowing a person who has found an item to take a picture of it, give a brief description, and if he is still at the spot he found the item he clicks on a button, a Google Map plugin, that shows where the exact location is--instantly. This is to ease the connection and to help in ascertaining easily who the true owner of an item is--painlessly. For a person who wants to check, after knowing about our site, he/she will just run a brief search and also there will be room for filter so as to be able to mark specific search.

Additional info shall be provided at request by critiques
Cc: Wizeboy, Javalove, MrEnersty1985 and all business savvy people. A special call goes out to Lalasticlala if possible to move this to front page.
Re: A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing by aloeman15(m): 12:58am On Feb 07, 2016
didn't want to but...
How many cases of lost and found do you know of- meaning, you believe there are that many good samaritans? And what means to prove ownership- will you say 'a watch', or 'a watch with leather strap'? If the so called owner shouts ole nko?! That is, if na truly dem. And if dem no claim say wetn dem loss pass wetn i find...
What stops me from demanding a finder's fee? So if i find a purse, i should go online to advertise it?! If contraband dey inside, you go com bail me for panti?!

Just highlighting a few issues.
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing by Acidosis(m): 2:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Great idea, but here are a few points I think you should note.

1. What does the initiator stands to gain? How do you make your money and how would you reward those who find lost items? Not everyone would be willing to pick up lost items, take photographs and upload same online.

2. Assuming I find an empty wallet in Ikorodu, upload same online and eventually find the "owner". How do I verify true ownership after stating the detailed description online?

3. Assuming I pick up an empty wallet and the true owner shows up via your platform with the claims that the wallet holds an International Passport and $200, who would bare the cost and to what end? What if the owner descends mercilessly on the "Samaritan", would you be available to bail users?

4. The above issues can be rectified if you state your business strategies clearly and thoroughly.

But remember, ideas are not enough, one needs to translate ideas into profitable ventures.

All the same, your idea is unique sir and it's largely feasible.

1 Like

Re: A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2016
Acidosis:
Great idea, but here are a few points I think you should note.

1. What does the initiator stands to gain? How do you make your money and how would you reward those who find lost items? Not everyone would be willing to pick up lost items, take photographs and upload same online.

2. Assuming I find an empty wallet in Ikorodu, upload same online and eventually find the "owner". How do I verify true ownership after stating the detailed description online?

3. Assuming I pick up an empty wallet and the true owner shows up via your platform with the claims that the wallet holds an International Passport and $200, who would bare the cost and to what end? What if the owner descends mercilessly on the "Samaritan", would you be available to bail users?

4. The above issues can be rectified if you state your business strategies clearly and thoroughly.

But remember, ideas are not enough, one needs to translate ideas into profitable ventures.

All the same, your idea is unique sir and it's largely feasible.
Thanks for gracing this thread, i'll respond appropriately to the points you raised soonest.
Re: A New Business Idea In Need Of Suggestions And Objective Critiquing by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
On the first point you raised; how do we make our money and how will those who found item(s) be rewarded.

In regards to the former our basic means of generating income from the project is putting up Ad for people on our website by leveraging on our huge traffic base. We believe a lot item are lost by people that ordinarily if there were a means to connect the finder with the owner of the lost item, which will make people to be willing to utilize the website thereby creating a huge traffic base. For the latter, our project is seen as a social impact project. So, much importance isn’t attached to compensation of those who found item(s). From personal observation over the years, despite the pervasive notion that Nigerians are dishonest or no one is willing to be a good Samaritan anymore, there are still a good number of Nigerians out there, from the bus conductor to the cab driver, the market woman, student et al. there are those who are willing to give up whatever they have found without seeking a remuneration for that. Notwithstanding this, one of our long term plans is to give a certificate of recognition to those who have proven themselves worthy of it. This will be done by providing a system of rating or point gathering for those who find items and return them often, so the higher this gets the bigger the propensity of clinching the coveted certificate. The importance of this is that, we will get NGOs, Governmental organizations and possibly the police to endorse it. Also, this will be an added value to a prospective employee to include it in his/her Resume.

As to how the ownership will be verified after details of found item(s) given.
First, not all the description will be available to users who have come to us for the availability of their items. While a person is filling in information on the item on item that was found, two options will be able to him if there is a means of identity in the item found, but if not he will be asked to state the place and closest time he found it after this he then can lay claim to the item. This links to the next method to be utilized. This other way to stall against laying false on item(s) is having a “Waiting time” whereby an item that has been found will be promoted using the social media for a period of time after which the former claimant can finally take away the item with him/her if no one else lays claim to it.

(1) (Reply)

HABA? Cocacola Goes Green With Life: What Brand Strategy Is Not? / Help Me To Help You!!! / 9 Things To Do In Your 20s To Be A Millionaire By 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.