Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) (16994 Views)

Nkataa Ends The Year In Style As They‎ celebrate Their Achievements "‎ / Court Acquits Transcorp’s Ex-boss Of Money Laundering Charges / Tony Elumelu In The Gym At Transcorp Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by omolola15(m): 7:58am On Feb 07, 2016
What's the achievement. At least they should tell us what they are celebrating. Then we'll know if it's an achievement or not.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by Sall(m): 8:09am On Feb 07, 2016
You seems to be high on something else if you have had the opportunity to have traveled half of where have been you want have type in this trash.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by laprince(m): 8:11am On Feb 07, 2016
Sall:
And what is lavish about this tiny hall . Wailing wailers you guys never get tired.

You obviously don't know much about Transport.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by dom(m): 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Sall:
And what is lavish about this tiny hall . Wailing wailers you guys never get tired.

U call the Congress hall a tiny hall?? that hall sits over 800 people. costs over a million, unless they give u a discount. CBN uses the full hall plus the foyer and their buffet is usually Class A. Don't comment from a position of ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by Ralphlauren(m): 8:20am On Feb 07, 2016
What exactly are they celebrating ?

Why the CBN governor hasn't been sacked as well as a complete overhaul of that parastatal beats me.

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by samuelchimmy(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2016
Zoharariel:
This cannot be true. No man goes to a party when armed-robbers are r.aping his wife & daughters at home.

Pls tell me this is an old event during Obasanjo or Yaradua's era.
omo na so we see'm o

2 Likes

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 07, 2016
Seun
Lalasticlala

This information is false.

Do the needful.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by vizboy(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2016
Are they celebrating that the dollar to naira is 305# to 1$

2 Likes

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by segnys007(m): 10:19am On Feb 07, 2016
Wait, Na Pasuma wear black for that third picture? Na hin sing for dia?
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by seangy4konji: 10:21am On Feb 07, 2016
Crazy set of people.

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by scarr: 10:55am On Feb 07, 2016
Seun
Lalasticlala

This information is wrong, the event was the BPSD dept having a little get together..... I was there.....
NL should not be used to spread false information
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by obasiken: 11:08am On Feb 07, 2016
scarr:
Seun
Lalasticlala

This information is wrong, the event was the BPSR dept having a little get together..... It's my mum's dept and I attend it every year.....
NL should not be used to spread false information

What shocked shocked shocked just one BPSR department and they rented a hall in transcorp. Imagine if the CBN governor was throwing an event. They wud probably rent the entire hotel not just the hall. Is it not tax payers money that they used to rent the hall. Oya tell us what is the main job of the BPSR department?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by bdemix(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2016
The event was real,I was there Yesterday
Zoharariel:
This cannot be true. No man goes to a party when armed-robbers are r.aping his wife & daughters at home.

Pls tell me this is an old event during Obasanjo or Yaradua's era.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by scarr: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2016
obasiken:

What shocked shocked shocked just one BPSR department and they rented a hall in transcorp. Imagine if the CBN governor was throwing an event. They wud probably rent the entire hotel not just the hall. Is it not tax payers money that they used to rent the hall. Oya tell us what is the main job of the BPSD department?

Oga use brain o,
They have thier social club and everybody donates money like we do in schools to organize parties....stop displaying ignorance like it's for free.....
If u want to know what d BPSD does, tell ur daddy to take u on an excursion to CBN and ask urself.....
If u want to kill urself check d general CBN end of year party dat was done at Sheraton
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by Jacko1(m): 11:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Hmnm only in nigeria.....
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by obasiken: 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2016
scarr:

Oga use brain o,
They have thier social club and everybody donates money like we do in schools to organize parties....stop displaying ignorance like it's for free.....
If u want to know what d BPSR does, tell ur daddy to take u on an excursion to CBN and ask urself.....
If u want to kill urself check d general CBN end of year party dat was done at Sheraton

Daddy? Kai too many infants now on nairaland. I just wanted to know if you actually know your mother does for a living. I have worked in civil service. I know how things work there. Plus i have many friends in CBN and live in gwarinpa fct.

Bureau of Public Service Reforms, a parastatal under the presidency is reponsible for sensitising the public on policy and reforms of govt and ministries. They have a department under the CBN.

Now the CBN through their public relations office helped to throw this party for the bpsr so they can continue to say nice things about CBN policies. This is how it works.

Oya go and ask your mommy if what i said is true.

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by bigtt76(f): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Celebrating their hammering 2.5 billion naira Daily from Stamp Duty naaaa #EmefieleMustGo

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by LastProphet: 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
a retired cbn director takes home 1.5milliion naira a month as pension after a gratuity of over 120 million, so tell me they don't have anything to celebrate

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by scarr: 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
obasiken:

Daddy? Kai too many infants now on nairaland. I just wanted to know if you actually know your mother does for a living. I have worked in civil service. I know how things work there. Plus i have many friends in CBN and live in gwarinpa fct.

Bureau of Public Service Reforms, a parastatal under the presidency is reponsible for sensitising the public on policy and reforms of govt and ministries. They have a department under the CBN.

Now the CBN through their public relations office helped to throw this party for the bpsr so they can continue to say nice things about CBN policies. This is how it works.

Oya go and ask your mommy if what i said is true.
I'm highly disappointed in how someone as old as you who claims to be a civil servant doesn't know BPSD from BPSR......I made a mistake to say BPSR instead of BPSD, thank God I did cos it exposed your ignorance .....for d records BPSR has no dept under the CBN.
BPSD is banking and payments department and they hold thier get together every year, I have attended more times than d no of brain cells you have....
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by uglyBetty1(f): 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
When was that celebration done. Hmmmmm. This is a big lie. Pls OP, check well.
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by DeoGratias1(m): 3:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
What did they achieve?
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by obasiken: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
scarr:

I'm highly disappointed in how someone as old as you who claims to be a civil servant doesn't know BPSD from BPSR......I made a mistake to say BPSR instead of BPSD, thank God I did cos it exposed your ignorance .....for d records BPSR has no dept under the CBN.
BPSD is banking and payments department and they hold thier get together every year, I have attended more times than d no of brain cells you have....

Good thing you said you made a mistake. Cos i know bpsr is under the presidency.
Most nigerians dont complain when they are the ones eating the yam. But as soon as they are removed from the barn, they start to lament.

The issue is that now is not the time for merrymaking. Do you know how many people have lost their jobs due to CBN harsh economic policies. This party at this time is the height of insensitivity.

But what is their business they will still get their salary at the end of the month and millions in upfront payment at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by scarr: 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
obasiken:

Good thing you said you made a mistake. Cos i know bpsr is under the presidency.
Most nigerians dont complain when they are the ones eating the yam. But as soon as they are removed from the barn, they start to lament.

The issue is that now is not the time for merrymaking. Do you know how many people have lost their jobs due to CBN harsh economic policies. This party at this time is the height of insensitivity.

But what is their business they will still get their salary at the end of the month and millions in upfront payment at the beginning of the year.
Why are talking like dis na, with all the economic problems in d country, you would still celebrate val, bday, Xmas...these people donated money from thier own pocket to have an end of year party and u say its insensitivity. Didnt u guys do an end of year party where u work? (dats if ure employed).

If boko haram bombs ur street today would it stop u from eating tommorow because of insensitivity??
Stop being judgemental bros, its not healthy

PS CBN is not a place where they just pick money on the floor, they are human being with same pay grade as other civil servants

1 Like

Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by 989900: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
The current situation (helpless slide/depreciation of the Naira), cannot cease to be a big case for worry for those who truly can grasp the enormity of this catastrophe -- impoverishment! Unfortunately, most of do not realize the magnitude of this malady. If the gov't were to increase PMS pump price to N120/litre tomorrow, or reduce minimum wage from N18,000 to N9,000, we would have taken to the streets -- but that's what just basically or 'technically' (Mr. Lai I see you) happened.

In order to keep this as short as possible (avoid writing a book), especially with our "too long can't read" cousins in mind, I'll express my thoughts in form of questions to the CBN governor or those that can help him answer the following (of course we know fall in oil prices and 'yada, yada, yada'):

1. If demand and supply basically control the exchange rate, why is it that, despite the reduction in foreign expenditure from our Nigerian bank accounts from $3,000 daily to averagely $300/day has had no effect in curbing the 'unabated-downward-spiral' of the Naira?

2. Why is the CBN in bed with commercial banks bleeding the people dry? Why would they get dollars at N199 and charge us at N280-N300 (roughly a profit of N100,000 on every $1,000)?!

3. Why is the FG (PMB) and CBN (Gov.Emefiele) abetting arguably the greatest instigator of excess liquidity (the constant substitution of Naira allocations for dollar denominated revenue).
https://www.nairaland.com/844884/solution-fuel-subsidy-wahala-look

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/much-talk-dollar-certificates/

4. Can the CBN Governor kindly explain to us: how going from paying N2.6 trillion for petroleum products subsidy, to paying nothing, to actually making excess of N4 on every litre of PMS sold/bought has had no positive impact in propping the Naira?

5. If we truly enjoy a bit of better power supply than say 1-2 years back, do we still consume the phantom, "imported 40 million litres of PMS/day"? If not, how has this helped, or not helped the demand and supply brouhaha of the Naira vs Dollar hide and seek?

6. If we truly are tackling corruption head-on, and the customs service is doing a better job (checkmating refined products smuggling across our borders and e.t.c.) than 1-2 years back, do we still consume the phantom, "imported 40 million litres of PMS/day"? If not, how has this helped, or not helped the demand and supply brouhaha of the Naira vs Dollar hide and seek?

7. If truly our refineries are working to the recently publicized capacity, do we still consume the phantom, "imported 40 million litres of PMS/day"? If not, how has this helped, or not helped the demand and supply brouhaha of the Naira vs Dollar hide and seek?

8. If the BDCs are being 'dealt with', what alternative positive measures have you Mr. Governor put in place . . .?

9. If you Mr. Governor are no longer getting orders from the present C-in-C to disburse them dollars to them Dasukis, and with the implementation of proper accounting of remittances from NNPC and others, why is it not helping the Naira?

10. Lastly, why would you preach 'agric', but say 'agric' does not need power supply to practice? Duh

https://www.nairaland.com/2914056/naira-10-questions-gov-emefiele
Re: CBN Celebrates Its "Achievements" At Transcorp Hilton (photos) by kclint85(m): 8:36pm On Feb 07, 2016
Na una papa head una dey celebrate

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Opens New Plant At Ibese, Ogun State / Banks Shut Doors On BDCs, Politically-Exposed Persons / What Business Can I Start-up With 300K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.