Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki (22196 Views)

41 Exempted Items: FG Dumps CBN’s Forex Policy / Forex Policy: IMF Lauds CBN, Naira Appreciates / Many Companies Will Start Closing Shop Due To CBN Forex Policy – MAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 5:08am On Feb 07, 2016
The Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, on Saturday, ruled out the possibility of reversing the policy of the Central Bank of Nigeria, which excludes some imported goods and services from the list of items that can benefit from the Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market.

Saraki, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Sanni Onogu, stated this while hosting the Tomato Sub-Sectoral Group of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, whose members visited him.

The tomato paste producers had sought Saraki’s intervention to lift the exemption by the CBN on certain imported goods.

But Saraki said based on the present economic realities, difficult decisions should be taken to overcome the challenges.

The Senate President said, “It is high time we started telling ourselves the home truth as a nation. We are where we are because of our refusal to take hard decisions.

“As a country, we have to chart a new way different from the past, and that path is going into manufacturing as we cannot continue to remain an import dependent country.”

He challenged the tomato paste producers to focus more on how to be full-fledged manufacturers of the product using local raw materials.

Saraki also expressed surprise that in spite of the high level of local cultivation of tomatoes, the producers were still importing the Triple Concentrate used in the production of the product, which, he said, could be produced locally by raising the production level of tomatoes in the country.

http://www.punchng.com/cbn-forex-policy-irreversible-saraki/

24 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by tanteta(m): 5:10am On Feb 07, 2016
Nice one mr saraki, at least we can manufacture tomato paste within the country.

33 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by shikshark: 5:10am On Feb 07, 2016
then you guys should make the country investors friendly, cost of governance alone in this country is enough to cast as budget for some other countries.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 5:11am On Feb 07, 2016
tanteta:
space booked

Lols

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by citizenY(m): 5:15am On Feb 07, 2016
Kingsolex1:

Lols

Let us eat banga. I dey take am chop rice.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Naijji: 5:25am On Feb 07, 2016
Just give us steady power supply, other things shall be added

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by orisa37: 6:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Do we mean that as at 2016, we are still importing tooth picks and concentrates of whatever type? Shame!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Igbonoid: 6:13am On Feb 07, 2016
orisa37:
Do we mean that as at 2016, we are still importing tooth picks and concentrates of whatever type? Shame!

U can imagine the state of Nigeria toothpick aru.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2016
citizenY:

Let us eat banga. I dey take am chop rice.

you sabi better thing na watin make I marry chocolateme be that she sabi cook am. Choco baby my love.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by orisa37: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2016
This is the Corruption we all want the 3tiers of Government to stop. The undue malpractice of laundering Nigeria s fortune away, Government should stop it.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by chocolateme(f): 10:57am On Feb 07, 2016
Kingsolex1:

you sabi better thing na watin make I marry chocolateme be that she sabi cook am. Choco baby my love.
honey pie. Na only becauseof food u wan marry me?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
chocolateme:
honey pie. Na only becauseof food u wan marry me?
no my love na one of the qualities wey I admire in u many gals like ladyf and introvert no get am.
choco baby u dey do me pauli Pauli.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by INTROVERT(f): 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kingsolex1:

no my love na one of the qualities wey I admire in u many gals like ladyf and introvert no get am.
choco baby u dey do me pauli Pauli.

After trying to mail me many times and I keep bouncing you. Kwantinue kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
INTROVERT:

After trying to mail me many times and I keep bouncing you. Kwantinue kiss kiss kiss

today is Sunday I believe u are joking lols, but if u are confident about me sending u PM's and u blocking ma Monica what more can I say....... just remember "thou shall not lie" happy Sunday!!
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Adesiji77: 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
Okay...

Cc: lalasticlala, dominique
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Trailblazer1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

End time Senate President

1 Like

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by brunofarad(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
We will survive
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Trailblazer1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bigprozzie:
IPOB go die tonight

Their adopted corrupt son is stabbing them in the back

undecided

This your IPOB delusion is getting serious undecided

You may need #CommonSense undecided

17 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Naija I dey hail o.

When the Bureau de change pple were running to their villages to vote shouting "sai Buhari", they didn't know it would be like this. Now they are Importing Forex from Ghana.

Dollars got to N307 against the naira last week.

We just dey look o.

7 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by siegfried99(m): 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ok

Kwantinu angry
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by ademoladeji(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ex Senate President in Advance grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by mypersonalty: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
hmnnnnnnn!!
saraki forming holier than thou!
so oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by kindnyce(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
GUY,THIS EYE SERVICE WONT HELP YOU..

GO AND ANSWER UR CRIME AT CCT

SHIKENAN

7 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by chimadabadtguy(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hmmmmmm is dis the change we voted for
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by mypersonalty: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
hmnnnnnnn!! saraki wey get case for court! o ga oooooooo!!!!
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by oglalasioux(m): 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
Naijji:
Just give us steady power supply, other things shall be added

You are a genius. That's the only problem that if solved other good things will follow.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by maestroz: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
is saraki still the Senate president? CCT never dock am?

1 Like

Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Giyerte(m): 9:50pm On Feb 07, 2016
Gino from 40# in PH now 80#.
Re: CBN Forex Policy Irreversible — Saraki by Mopolchi: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
If dem no sabi process tomato for Naija make dem start to de use palm oil for banga soup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banking $100-$300 Daily Using Instagram- Completely Easy And Legit. / Forex Scarcity Persists As CBN Resumes Intervention / Merchants Upgrade POS Machines To Automatically Charge N50 Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.