Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Pls Protect Your Self, Protect Your Bvn/atm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pls Protect Your Self, Protect Your Bvn/atm (416 Views)

New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / BVN Fraudsters Bag Six Months Imprisonment (Photos) / BVN Exposes 23,306 ‘ghost Workers’ On Fed Govt Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Protect Your Self, Protect Your Bvn/atm by streetsoldier1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
I created this thread to enlighten the general public of the new strategies the fraudsters are using to perpetrate evil/get bank details and information from the people, a copy of text i received from the syndicate, and i want everyone to pass this round, share on your facebook page until this criminal elements are brought to justice...

the text is from the leader of the syndicate called himself JOHN GEORGE (but i suspect thatz a fake name) with phone number +2349039386968

" Dear customer due to our system upgade your ATM card has been deactivated, kindly call the customer care on 08130865293 to reactivate your ATM card now."

I smiled when i got the text cos i for one never use ATM card for any of my accounts, so i decided to play along. I called the said customer care, and one crude voice with English like that of a village primary two pupil answered and asked if i've done BVN registration, i replied "yes".
Next he asked which bank....i replied access
He then asked if my ATM card is with me....i replied yes, he said i should call the last three digits for him with my BVN to activate my card....

At this point, i was boiling with anger and at the same time entertained by his folly.... i just replied he's messing up with the wrong guy...

Mod should pls move this to front page so that our people wont fall for this folly,while we share on our fb pages till the fools are brought to book
Re: Pls Protect Your Self, Protect Your Bvn/atm by amtaken(f): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
419 everywhere. So bad.

(1) (Reply)

What If Saraki Is Convicted? / ENUGU Wants To Pay Corpers 700 Naira/day For The Just Concluded OPV Exercise / How To Use The Internet Safely. Essential!!! BE SECURED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.