Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview (15263 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Terrybabanla: 9:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm a professional freelance graphic artist with over 8years work experience. Please believe me when I say I'm a professional. I'm highly creative and clients always comends my job.

The issue is, I stopped at secondary school level, I wanted to further my education to the university level but my elder brother who was my sponsor then died in ghastly motor accident. I was devastated and I couldn't further my education so I settled for what I love most which is graphic. Fortunately for me I met a white guy in 2002 from Spain who thought me graphic. I struggled to pay this guy, I had to work in a hotel as dry cleaner (washing bedsheet with sperm) but God saw me through.

I worked as freelancer since 2011. I made a huge mistake in dec 2014 (used the same date for November and December calender) for a reputable company in Lagos. They wouldn't listen to my plead so I sold my landed property, my car and home appliances to reprint the whole 16,000 copies.

Now, I want to work as in-house graphic artist but they price me down due to my educational background, they don't even talk about my experience, imagine a company offered 80k. Meanwhile I have a friend whose experience isn't as wide as mine collecting 250k monthly. The issue is I can forge original certificate I'm very good at manipulation. But my conscience won't allow me.

What do you think I should do in this situation?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by MadamMoroti: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
my brother integrity pays, it will pay you off someday, meanwhile, if you can struggle to sell ur lands and raise money, try n raise some money to get a degree, National open university of Nigeria will admit me try them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Terrybabanla: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
MadamMoroti:
my brother integrity pays, it will pay you off someday, meanwhile, if you can struggle to sell ur lands and raise money, try n raise some money to get a degree, National open university of Nigeria will admit me try them.

Thank you so much. I'm 36years old with 2 kids, I never dream of working for someone I like working for myself but things changed and everything I've worked for gone just like that. My fear is how do I feed my family couple with study?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Mekyno(m): 4:36am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:

Thank you so much. I'm 36years old with 2 kids, I never dream of working for someone I like working for myself but things changed and everything I've worked for gone just like that. My fear is how do I feed my family couple with study?
Sori for wat happened to u.
U would hv printed 2/3 copies, present it to d company to cross check n approve/sign b4 u print d whole work.
@topic, apply to many companies, try to convince dem dat d work is all abt practical/what u can do wit ur talent/skills, not abt hv high certificates eventhough certificate are nt bad. Different companies hv different salary scales.
Enrol in NOUN or weekend programs.
Gudluk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2016
u don't av to lie to ppl it would backfire on you later and could lead to prison, forging of certificate is a serious crime, most reputable companies verify the authenticity of certificate without ur consent. ur family would feel worst if this happen. u can start teaching some ppl to raise fund .BTW I'd like to learn d graphic design from you, let me know if u can help

6 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Psylas(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2016
I did it
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by MadCow1: 10:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm a professional freelance graphic artist with over 8years work experience. Please believe me when I say I'm a professional. I'm highly creative and clients always comends my job. The issue is, I stopped at secondary school level, I wanted to further my education to the university level but my elder brother who was my sponsor then died in ghastly motor accident. I was devastated and I couldn't further my education so I settled for what I love most which is graphic. Fortunately for me I met a white guy in 2002 from Spain who thought me graphic. I struggled to pay this guy, I had to work in a hotel as dry cleaner (washing bedsheet with sperm) but God saw me through. I worked as freelancer since 2011. I made a huge mistake in dec 2014 (used the same date for November and December calender) for a reputable company in Lagos. They wouldn't listen to my plead so I sold my landed property, my car and home appliances to reprint the whole 16,000 copies. Now, I want to work as in-house graphic artist but they price me down due to my educational background, they don't even talk about my experience, imagine a company offered 80k. Meanwhile I have a friend whose experience isn't as wide as mine collecting 250k monthly. The issue is I can forge original certificate I'm very good at manipulation. But my conscience won't allow me. What do you think I should do in this situation?

Why did you feel the need to emphasize the Highlighted portion? angry

So what if there is Semen on some sheets you washed? Is it not someone who evacuates the suckaway that contains your feaces? angry

And on the issue of selling house and Car and what have you, I call bullshit on that story. You sold land, Car and appliances to pay off a bad job. PffT! Stories that touch. Even an apprentice designer knows that they print sample copies and send to the client for vetting before spooling out the rest.

Finally.. Please forge your Certificate and Qualification. The Nigerian Prison system can still accommodate 1 more inmate.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by brunofarad(m): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by wendixx(f): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2016
hmmm.

Integrity always pays no matter what. The reputation you have built over the years could be marred forever by that single act. Anyone that wants to employ you, show them what you cn do and your value. Give them a mindblowing sample of a job you have done, tell them what you intend doing for them and the creativity you'll bring to the job, give them your terms and walk away. They'll SURELY call you back if they know what's good for them.
Also, take time to get a certificate. Even if it is through open university or a diploma course, It will help you. GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by HighKing01(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2016
kiss
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by ikbnice(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2016
It's never too late. Go get the certificate through a legitimate means even on a part-time course. Don't be discouraged, it will only take a little time and bigger opportunities will come. Forgery can mar your reputation in the future and can even lead to jail.
Bottom Line: Where there is will, there is a way.

3 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Tic4tac(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:
Hello everyone,

I'm a professional freelance graphic artist with over 8years work experience. Please believe me when I say I'm a professional. I'm highly creative and clients always comends my job.

The issue is, I stopped at secondary school level, I wanted to further my education to the university level but my elder brother who was my sponsor then died in ghastly motor accident. I was devastated and I couldn't further my education so I settled for what I love most which is graphic. Fortunately for me I met a white guy in 2002 from Spain who thought me graphic. I struggled to pay this guy, I had to work in a hotel as dry cleaner (washing bedsheet with sperm) but God saw me through.

I worked as freelancer since 2011. I made a huge mistake in dec 2014 (used the same date for November and December calender) for a reputable company in Lagos. They wouldn't listen to my plead so I sold my landed property, my car and home appliances to reprint the whole 16,000 copies.

Now, I want to work as in-house graphic artist but they price me down due to my educational background, they don't even talk about my experience, imagine a company offered 80k. Meanwhile I have a friend whose experience isn't as wide as mine collecting 250k monthly. The issue is I can forge original certificate I'm very good at manipulation. But my conscience won't allow me.

What you do in this situation is not forge anything.

When God says a plant must grow, it will, even in drought. What you need to do now is to have that in mind, and then, take steps at bagging a degree. There is NOUN there for you since you are working.

5 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by MadCow1: 10:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Mekyno:

Sori for wat happened to u.
U would hv printed 2/3 copies, present it to d company to cross check n approve/sign b4 u print d whole work.
@topic, apply to many companies, try to convince dem dat d work is all abt practical/what u can do wit ur talent/skills, not abt hv high certificates eventhough certificate are nt bad. Different companies hv different salary scales.
Enrol in NOUN or weekend programs.
Gudluk

Thats what someone with sense would do.

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by adjoviomole(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Bleep education. undecided
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Anoruo(m): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2016
dude a man got to do what a man got to do...you know what is "right" do it
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by pretydiva(f): 10:09am On Feb 08, 2016
Forgery Nor try am oo..dats a big crime ur about 2 commit. Accept d 80k offer,wit time u will make it big. Just be patient

3 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Urine: 10:10am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:
Hello everyone,

Manage the 80k for now and register for GCE. From there you can take it one step after the other.

2 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by hakeem4(m): 10:12am On Feb 08, 2016
grin grin
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Samexdx(m): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Jacko1(m): 10:14am On Feb 08, 2016
Sorry bro..... Dont know what to say but God wil make a way
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Kx: 10:15am On Feb 08, 2016
Ever heard of national open university?
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 08, 2016
Pls dont try it.
The consequence outweighs the benefits.
God bless people,the case of TY bello,and bread seller should come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Lanretoye(m): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2016
If the reason they want to pay u 80k is cos of ur level of education,I'll advice that u take the job.since you are really good at it,it won't take up to 6months before you prove ur worth to them,then you threaten them with resignation.I bet by then they will beg to price u with ur real value.
Ur kind of profession allows income aside from salary,take the job and continue to manage that ur show that's not flourishing. someday,things might just take shape.

10 Likes

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Henry1989: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2016
Manage d 80k bro, If ur work proves to be excellent, d company will definitely increase ur pay
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by howardriddle: 10:22am On Feb 08, 2016
why lie?
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by babyfaceafrica: 10:26am On Feb 08, 2016
Forging won't get you anywhere ,a reputable organization will contact the school ...so my bro be wise,God will makde a way!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Be diligent in what you do,a man's gifts makes way for him. Integrity pays off in the long run
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by ayusco85(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2016
pretydiva:
Forgery Nor try am oo..dats a big crime ur about 2 commit. Accept d 80k offer,wit time u will make it big. Just be patient

The movie suits comes to mind
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by ayusco85(m): 10:36am On Feb 08, 2016
pretydiva:

The movie series suits comes to mind. Mike Ross and his fraud law schl degree
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by mizlovette(f): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2016
@terrybabnla contact me asap
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Bluezy13(m): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2016
Lanretoye:
If the reason they want to pay u 80k is cos of ur level of education,I'll advice that u take the job.since you are really good at it,it won't take up to 6months before you prove ur worth to them,then you threaten them with resignation.I bet by then they will beg to price u with ur real value.
Ur kind of profession allows income aside from salary,take the job and continue to manage that ur show that's not flourishing. someday,things might just take shape.

Followed with NOUN. NOUN is very time friendly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? / More About Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2018 / Vacancies @ The United Nations Volunteers (abuja) - July 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.