Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? (14978 Views)

Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place / Slave Masters At Work Place / Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2023
That is the question.

What do your colleagues say that hurts you?

All because you are all by yourself. You are not as outspoken as others are.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2023
A
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Lalasticlala
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by pryme(m): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:
That is the question.

What do you colleagues say that hurts you?

All because you are all by yourself. You are not as outspoken as others are.

How have you improved?

How are you improving?

Tell us.

It's doesn't matter when you are not seeking validation from other people.
The only opinion(s) that matters to me is mine and those I respect.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Nothing really matters to me as me.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho

2 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2023
Where is lalasticlala?

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by DynamicWriter(f): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2023
I work from home. And I prefer any job that won't make me leave my house.

Any work that involves a crowd of more than four people is not my thing.

Feeding home from home is the best for an introvert. 👌

In case anyone needs a content writer ✏️, kindly check my signature for my contact info.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by ashewoboy(m): 10:35am On Jun 10, 2023
DynamicWriter:
I work from home. And I prefer any job that won't make me leave my house.

Any work that involves a crowd of more than four people is not my thing.

Feeding home from home is the best for an introvert. 👌

In case anyone needs a content writer ✏️, kindly check my signature for my contact info.

Shey looto? What advise do you have for introverts who don't work from home? How to cope with colleagues.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2023
lipsrsealed
It's a bae.....If you want your peace of mind,then you must maintain your lane in your place of work,to avoid see-finish........Tho alot of people may see it as pride but trust me, it'd be for your own good.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by DynamicWriter(f): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:

Shey looto? What advise do you have for introverts who don't work from home? How to cope with colleagues.
First, maintain a good relationship with your colleagues.
Since you are always eager to be at home and you feel anxious at your workplace, do you work diligently.
Thirdly, see your workplace environment as a home away from home.

I hope this works.👌

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by YungTemy(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Introverts are supposed to work from home or in a calm and conducive environment.
Find a job that matches your personality if you're an introvert. Enjoy your life cuz life is short.

22 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Sucre6: 11:02am On Jun 10, 2023
There is this introvert colleague of mine, babe would stay on her own, when everyone is yabing each other, catching cruise and joking around, she will just be on her own, silent, funny thing I meet her in the organization so it's not like she is new or anything.

I always try to carry her along, make her laugh and pay attention to her, she can only confidently talk to me in the office, like she don't talk pim if you don't ask her anything, now we are best buds

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Moscodee1990(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2023
I just do my work right, and mind my business

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:03am On Jun 10, 2023
Iw
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Ok12345(f): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2023
I cry before leaving for work
Then spend the remaining miserable hours with my ear piece trying everything not to engage my co workers

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by AntiChristian: 11:04am On Jun 10, 2023
I just mind my business and talk when needed!
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Rubyjade: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2023
I used to work with several engineers with diverse personalities but many of them were somewhat introverted. I found being kind, leaving them to their work and not forcing them to be overly involved.

For the most part, they were thinkers and not as introverted as they appeared. I discovered once they got comfortable with me that they would chat and we'd laugh.

I think the key is to try to be understanding, try to make sure they are comfortable around you and don't pressure them to do what isn't natural to them. Invite them to social activities like luncheons and other things but don't be surprised if they don't attend. I used to ask one if he wanted me to make him a plate. Eventually, he attended.

As long as they are doing their job, leave them to it. People in certain positions took those positions because it doesn't usually involve social activities. Engineers, accountants, dishwashers…there’s a lot of jobs that don't need to be social. Assume that's why they choose that job.

Introverts are not rude or arrogant. We just keep ourselves to ourselves and get on with things. It doesn't mean we're unfriendly.

1. Allow them to get settled in at work in the morning before talking their ear off. Introverts sorta have to acclimate themselves to social environments such as work or parties every time.

2. Keep conversations short and sweet unless they are keeping the conversation going. Nothing is more awkward than a person that won’t stop talking to you despite your clear lack of interest in what they’re saying. Just say “hi” and keep it moving unless they are clearly in the mood to talk.

3. If they say their “fine” or “okay” just take their word for it. Don’t try to probe for more information or try to get them to open up to you. We’re naturally quiet, reserved, and have bitch resting faces! We’re not sad or upset…that’s just how we are naturally.

4. If we decline the invitation to the office happy hour or Christmas party, please respect our decision! Don’t try to convince us to go or ask us why we don’t want to go. We would just rather avoid large awkward social gatherings! And everyone, (even extroverts) can agree that office social events are a bit awkward!

5. Don’t tell them that they need to be more social in the office. The only thing we NEED to do is our freakin job! Everything else outside of that is extra credit. And we are also well aware that our social withdrawal may cost us a promotion but we’re perfectly fine with that! Co-workers are just that…coworkers…not friends!

6. Don’t try to force them out of their comfort zone by putting them on the spot. We aren’t “shy” extroverts who need to get out more. We are introverts who actually prefer flying under the radar. Don’t make them give the presentation to the whole office! Don’t make them wear the stupid Halloween costume for everyone’s amusement! Don’t put them on blast in mass emails! Don’t make them give speeches to the whole office! Just leave us alone!!

7. Don’t make our quietness seem like an issue. Almost all of my supervisors have said “Gosh! You’re really quiet!” In reality, we’re similarly bothered by how loud everyone else is but UNLIKE you, we don’t make a big deal about it. We accept people for who they are. SO WHAT, if I’m quiet and you’re talkative?? People are different. Don’t make me feel uncomfortable for being who I am!

I know I listed 7 points, but it all boils down to 2 things:

ACCEPT THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE
LEAVE THEM ALONE UNLESS THEY REQUEST OTHERWISE!

84 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by emoboy4u: 11:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Easybet1(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2023
For me to even use the office toilet, I am always scared because I don't want people to know how bad my shit smell 😭😆😆.... I only use the restroom just to urinate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Irupetepete: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2023
I own my workplace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Okay
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by TheBTCinvestor: 11:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Lol I no send any body papa..I just do wat I can and wait for my 7 digit alert on the 24th undecided

6 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
L
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by bassdow: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
g

1 Like

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by bassdow: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
j
...and there are inTroverts that can face a crowd, while there are exTroverts that can't face a crowd.

There are inTroverts that would surprise you when they don't want you taking advantage of them - those ones get strong stands WHILE there are exTroverts that could easily be stepedOn.

Being inTroverted gives one room to be (super) smart since most times, you've got less thing to distract you.

Now being Quiet, doesn't necessarily make one an inTrovert. Some quiet people talk pass so called exTroverts. they just need get comfortable enough

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Esji80(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
Ffl
Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Basic123: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
I am one,

Do your work diligently, dont run into trouble

Even if you don't talk, always wear a SMILE in response to people.

They will only have issue with you if you don't SMILE!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by EriMma1: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2023
Thank God I'm my own boss, so no room for unwanted chichat or intrusion into my space.

When I find myself around clients when I go to render my services, I try to keep the Convo minimal by suddenly jetting off to duty in the middle of a Convo cos some people will just like to engage you in unecessary discussions. So when I do that, they know duty calls and everyone goes back to their desk.

I did it last week to a woman who likes to talk too much and she became cold towards me. When I noticed it, I thanked my stars that I'll at least do my job in peace. Las las, she started again..huh.. me I kukuma still dash out on them.

Right now, mine has gotten worse that I hardly come out of my apartment and if I see someone I know on the way I'll so frown my face so the person can avoid me. Someone was even knocking on my door yesterday, hyping me, I didn't go and answer the person. Being around people now just irritates me because na so so rubbish dem dey like to yarn. So I like and enjoy my privacy with me, myself and I.

Abeg, Shey 3million reach a single lady japa?

10 Likes

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by Oluromantic: 11:10am On Jun 10, 2023
If you are an introvert, I suggest you read the following books

Why you act the way you do
Attitude is everything
48 laws of power.

After reading them, I bet you will be happy being an introvert regardless of how others view you considering the strength inherent in introversion as revealed by these books.

The fact that you're not predictable alone makes 'cunning' your strength

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? by bassdow: 11:11am On Jun 10, 2023
ashewoboy:

even exTroverts are not as comfortable as inTroverts.

being a noiseMaker, noticeMe, allEyesOnMe, etc could make inTroverts envy exTroverts, but unknown to them, they're much more comfortable than they are.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Cannot Login To Npower Volunteer Site! / Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / Proven Strategies To Reduce Employees Absenteeism In The Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.