Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) (4004 Views)

Hacked:romance And Action Novel / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
hand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Introduction
I started out in life as a fiery Christian, and witnessed first-hand the clash between Christianity and Yoruba traditional worships. To buttress this fact, I will relate a clash between my church and Ifa worshipers in my village.
Our church shared the same boundary with an igbodu (Ifa’s forest). So, the congregants concluded that it is an insult for a supposedly evil forest to share a boundary with the sacred place of the Most High God.
Having known the day of the year Ifa worshipers would appease the deities, our church planned three-days fasting and prayer programme, whose final day would coincide with the day Ifa festival would hold. In that programme, our only prayer was that the deities must not be present to accept sacrifices in that forest that day.
As fate would have it, sacrifices and libations poured on the altars of the deities were rejected. The news quickly spread that it was our handiwork. The worshipers then relocated to a new forest without telling anyone the reason for doing so.
Christianity abhors Yoruba traditional worships. But in my journey in life, I found out that there are problems that only traditions can solve within a short period of time.
In a town where I once schooled, a man was raping women, and poisoning them with a metaphysical substance. Victims recounted that the man would not open any door before gaining entrance into their houses. Police spent a considerable portion of their time chasing shadows until the town’s king waded into the situation.
The king announced that a sacrifice that would demystify the rapist would be borne to a certain location. After taking the sacrifice to the location, local vigilante men went after the rapist and caught him in the act within days.
Also, as a man that once belonged to the inner circle of pastors, I found out that the most feral of all beasts dwell in what is supposed to be the house of God.
My mother died of Hogkin’s lymphoma (blood cancer). Shortly before the illness, she disagreed with a pastor on a matter. The pastor then sermonised on a pulpit one day that disagreeing with a pastor on any matter automatically attracts the curses from God. The pastor then cited an example.
The example cited was about a deacon that died mysteriously not long before the time my mother disagreed with him on a matter. That deacon disagreed with another pastor in the same church. So, the pastor my mother disagreed with said the deacon was slayed by the pastor’s anointing. And after my mother’s death, congregants rumoured that my mother was killed by anointing. Will you expect me to forgive the [anointing]? The answer is contained in the novel.
Set in the western part of Nigeria, the novel depicts the struggle of a Christian boy brought up by grandparents, who were staunch supporters of Yoruba traditional worships. But his Christian parents living in another town mandated the boy’s grandparents to allow him worship the Christian God.

2 Likes

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 07, 2016
hand

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
Book Description

Leaving his driver stranded, Nuberu speeds off in his Bently Mulsanne luxury car to a nearby stream, heart-pounding. There he strikes the flowing water with a rope-like accessory saying, “No river ever retraced its course.” This happens years after the tragic loss of a lover he is not allowed to marry, and while still single. His assailant cannot be guilty in the eye of any law known to man—and if the attacker succeeds in destroying him, the attacker can still not survive him.

1 Like

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by ZUBY77(m): 11:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
Congrats.
The book cover is not sharp enough for a beginner.
For pointing that out, I will get you a cover of your choice.
I hope that would be enough to encourage you.
Don't give up and never let any comment from anyone discourage you.
The entire thing is a continuous process,
until you get to a stage where you can write even in your dreams.
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 08, 2016
ZUBY77:
Congrats.
The book cover is not sharp enough for a beginner.
For pointing that out, I will get you a cover of your choice.
I hope that would be enough to encourage you.
Don't give up and never let any comment from anyone discourage you.
The entire thing is a continuous process,
until you get to a stage where you can write even in your dreams.

Thank you, bro. I described lights shining in a dark forest or a monument in a wasteland to the designer.
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by ZUBY77(m): 6:55am On Feb 08, 2016
You can check these ones out.

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 08, 2016
ZUBY77:
You can check these ones out.
I will use the first one. I like it. Thanks.
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2016
hand

1 Like

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2016
hand
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ty
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hj
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Fg
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2016
Dff
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bh
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
hand
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
hand
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2016
Uio

1 Like

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Ddfgg
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 4:06am On Feb 09, 2016
Zuby77, it seems people don't want to criticize the work because I mentioned Black Tower publishers as the editor. I still expect readers to criticize it, because I still managed to smuggle in some of my strongest sentences the editors deleted.
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by ZUBY77(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2016
Stealthideals24:
Zuby77, it seems people don't want to criticize the work because I mentioned Black Tower publishers as the editor. I still expect readers to criticize it, because I still managed to smuggle in some of my strongest sentences the editors deleted.

You did not post your strory for critism. You published it already. What's the criticism for? They criticize what they read.
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 09, 2016
Jsj
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 09, 2016
Nznzb
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Bh
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 09, 2016
Aj
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nbvc

1 Like

Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jjhg
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bbv
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dff
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sddf
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sbsbsh
Re: Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hshs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impregnate Me Or I Die - Episode 11 / Who Is The Greatest Nigerian Writer Ever / A Yoruba Poem: Mura Si Ise Ore Mi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.