Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop (1056 Views)

The Reason Why Jesus Christ Is Flogging Your Church Instead Of Blessing It / The Reason For The Resurrection - Joseph Prince / Christianity; The Reason For Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Mouth123(m): 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
Everything you will read here is according to the Bible, so try to be real.

The Bible said thus:
And Jesus said that He didn’t come to
destroy the law but to enforce the law ((which includes polygamy)) (Matthew 5:17)
First Moses:
Moses whom God surely used to deliver Israel from Pharaoh, was the husband of at least three wives.
(Exodus 2:21), (Numbers 12:1), (Judges 4:11). these were the ones recorded.
Abraham:
He was married to Sarah, Hagar, and Keturah; and Abraham also had many concubines who bore him
many sons (Genesis 11:29, 16:3, 25:1, (I Chronicles 1:32). (Genesis 25:6)
Why you dey vex? na me write Bible

Jacob:
who begat the fathers of the twelve tribes
of Israel with two wives, Leah and Rachel, and two
concubines, Bilhah and Zilpah (Genesis 29:23-30,
30:4-9, 32:22).

David:
Obviously had many wives (II
Samuel 3:2-5, 5:13). God selectively grants multiple
wives to those who have a true, mighty call from God,
The sweetest part was when Nathan came with a message after he poke Bathsheba Uriahs wife.
The real message:
I anointed you king
over my people Israel and I
delivered you out of the
hands of Saul, AND I GAVE
YOU YOUR MASTER’S
DAUGHTERS AND YOUR
MASTER’S WIVES INTO YOUR
BOSOM, AND I ALSO GAVE
YOU THE DAUGHTERS OF
ISRAEL AND OF JUDAH; AND
IF THEY WERE TOO FEW
YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD
ME, AND I WOULD HAVE
ADDED TO YOU TWICE THAT
MANY” (II Samuel 12:7-cool
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Mouth123(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
GIDEON:
“And Gideon had threescore and ten sons of his body begotten: for he had many wives” (Judges 8:30)

SAMUEL:
Elkanah, a Levite, the father of the prophet Samuel, had two wives, Hannah and Peninnah, and Elkanah was not a rich man... doohr.. He came from a Polygamous family.

Now the Legend
King Solomon:
The wisest man in the world in all history, whom God used to write the book of Proverbs, the book of Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomon, “had
seven hundred wives, princesses, and three
hundred concubines” (I Kings 4:29-34, 10:23, 11:3).
Take Note of The Laws
(Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 16:17), never ever cited or
mentioned a ban against polygamy.
Even (Deuteronomy 21:15-17) approved it.
(Deuteronomy 25:5-6) speaks of it
This (Deuteronomy 25:7-10) claims tradition and custom
i challenge you to read (Mark 12:19-25).
Every one that goes against (Mark 10:11-12) is a sinner not Polygamy.

It is very common today—divorce and
remarriage, divorce and remarriage, putting the wife
away and tearing the children’s lives to pieces
between mom and dad. The Almighty God stated,
“For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away [divorce]” (Malachi 2:16).
The practice of divorce is itself evidence of the growth of monogamy, for divorce is much less common in a
polygamous society.

The most common Matthew 19:9
forbade divorce, not polygamy.

The Bible said seek the truth and........
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Mouth123(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2016
Feel free to drop your comment and criticism but make sure you read [Exodus 21:10] very well before you write
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Before I present the verses from the New Testament that allow polygamy, I first would like to prove to you that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the laws of the Old Testament, and did order his followers to follow the laws of the Old Testament:

Jesus peace be upon him said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

I've heard, "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that Jesus peace be upon him honored the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it that have not been replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.

There is not a single verse from the New Testament that prohibits polygamy. Christians usually mistakenly present the following verses from the Bible to prove that polygamy in the New Testament is not allowed:

Matthew 19:1-12 "1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to
the other side of the Jordan.
2. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3. Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4. "Haven't you read," he (Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,'
5. and said, `For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
7. "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
8. Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
10. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."
11. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
12. For some are eunuchs because they were born that way; others were made that way by men; and others have renounced marriage because of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

In the above verses, we see that Jesus peace be upon him was approached with a question about whether or not it is allowed for a man to divorce his wife in Matthew 19:3. Jesus peace be upon him immediately referred to the Old Testament for the answer in Matthew 19:4. He referred to Adam peace be upon him and Eve, one man and one woman. The Old Testament does talk about the story of Adam peace be upon him and Eve as one husband and one wife. However, the Old Testament which Jesus peace be upon him had referred to in Matthew 19:3 does allow polygamy.

Also, when a man becomes a one flesh with his wife in Matthew 19:5-6, this doesn't mean that the man can't be one flesh with another woman. He can be one flesh with his first wife, and one flesh with his second wife, and one flesh with his third wife and so on.... To further prove this point, let us look at the following from the New Testament:

Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

In Matthew 22:24-28, the Jews referred to Deuteronomy 25:5 from the Old Testament where it states that if a woman's husband dies, and she didn't have any kids from him, then she must marry his brother regardless whether he had a wife or not. When the Jews brought this situation up to Jesus in Matthew 22:24-28, Jesus did not prohibit at all for the childless widow to marry her husband's brother (even if he were married). Instead, Jesus replied to them by saying that we do not marry in heaven, and we will be like angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30).

So in other words, if Jesus peace be upon him allowed for a widow to marry her former husband's brother even if he were married, then this negates the Christians' claim about the Bible prohibiting polygamy. A man can be one flesh with more than one woman. In the case of Matthew 22:24-28, the man can be one flesh with his wife, and one flesh with his deceased brother's wife. Also keep in mind that Exodus 21:10 allows a man to marry an infinite amount of women, and Deuteronomy 21:15 allows a man to marry more than one wife.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Amberon: 9:14am On Feb 08, 2016
Hockeyoilers

This is a beautiful Monday, don't spoil it by being stupid. No verse in the New or Old testament supports polygamy, bigamy, or sexual promiscuity. Jesus is not Mohammed. The fact that The old testament people did it doesn't mean its condoned in Christianity. There is something called free will which God gave us. Anyone can decide to marry 250 wives, God will allow it happen, but it doesn't mean that God sanctions it. The day of reckoning will surely come for such individual.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 08, 2016
Amberon:
Hockeyoilers

This is a beautiful Monday, don't spoil it by being stupid. No verse in the New or Old testament supports polygamy, bigamy, or sexual promiscuity. Jesus is not Mohammed. The fact that The old testament people did it doesn't mean its condoned in Christianity. There is something called free will which God gave us. Anyone can decide to marry 250 wives, God will allow it happen, but it doesn't mean that God sanctions it. The day of reckoning will surely come for such individual.

G'day Amber on. I hope all is well with you, and you have good health InshAllah
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Amberon: 9:37am On Feb 08, 2016
Ephesians 5 :
31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife , and the two shall become one flesh."

take note of the bolded.

Titus 1: 6 if a man is blameless , the husband of one wife , having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination.

I'm adding more verses.
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Mouth123(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
Amberon:
Ephesians 5 :
31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife , and the two shall become one flesh."

take note of the bolded.

Titus 1: 6 if a man is blameless , the husband of one wife , having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination.

I'm adding more verses.

All this things are just moral belief and not biblical
Look at most of the people that speak for/against polygamy end up having more than one wife
From France to Denmark, from Belgium to Holland,
polygamy is likely to be the main thing.
The famous Joseph Smith had 33 wives, but still criticized polygamy... shhuuur
Brigham Young who had 55 wives, who bore him 57 children. didnt deny.. whats the difference??

Check your Bible The only men who become Gods favourite, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy.
Research has shown the alarming rate of polygamy practised in US and Canada, Africans are just too blind to see this.
Some churches like the Truth Bearers by Mark Henkel etc keep the tradition alive.

where in the Bible was Polygamy not permitted
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Amberon: 6:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
I won't join words with you. It is very clear in the bible but you can choose to live in delusion.
Mouth123:

All this things are just moral belief and not biblical
Look at most of the people that speak for/against polygamy end up having more than one wife
From France to Denmark, from Belgium to Holland,
polygamy is likely to be the main thing.
The famous Joseph Smith had 33 wives, but still criticized polygamy... shhuuur
Brigham Young who had 55 wives, who bore him 57 children. didnt deny.. whats the difference??

Check your Bible The only men who become Gods favourite, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy.
Research has shown the alarming rate of polygamy practised in US and Canada, Africans are just too blind to see this.
Some churches like the Truth Bearers by Mark Henkel etc keep the tradition alive.

where in the Bible was Polygamy not permitted
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry.
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 08, 2016
Either you're a liar or the Bible is lying.
Re: The Reason Why Cheating, Polygamy & Bigamy Will Never Stop by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
Also, when a man becomes a one flesh with his wife in Matthew 19:5-6, this doesn't mean that the man can't be one flesh with another woman. He can be one flesh with his first wife, and one flesh with his second wife, and one flesh with his third wife and so on.... To further prove this point, let us look at the following from the New Testament:

Matthew 22:23-32 "23. That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.
24. "Teacher," they said, "Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him.
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.
26. The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh.
27. Finally, the woman died.
28. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"
29. Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.
30. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
31. But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you,
32. `I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob' ? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

In Matthew 22:24-28, the Jews referred to Deuteronomy 25:5 from the Old Testament where it states that if a woman's husband dies, and she didn't have any kids from him, then she must marry his brother regardless whether he had a wife or not. When the Jews brought this situation up to Jesus in Matthew 22:24-28, Jesus did not prohibit at all for the childless widow to marry her husband's brother (even if he were married). Instead, Jesus replied to them by saying that we do not marry in heaven, and we will be like angels in heaven (Matthew 22:30).

So in other words, if Jesus allowed for a widow to marry her former husband's brother even if he were married, then this negates the Christians' claim about the Bible prohibiting polygamy. A man can be one flesh with more than one woman. In the case of Matthew 22:24-28, the man can be one flesh with his wife, and one flesh with his deceased brother's wife. Also keep in mind that Exodus 21:10 allows a man to marry an infinite amount of women, and Deuteronomy 21:15 allows a man to marry more than one wife

(1) (Reply)

Muhammed Also Predicted In Bhavishya Purana. / What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis / The Significance Of The Olive Tree And Anointing Oil - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.