Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis (1056 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
The history of the world, as told by some people, runs like this: Adam disobeyed God and as a result brought death to all mankind, but Jesus came and put everything back the way it was. This sort of thinking puts Adam and his everyday sin on the same level of Christ and His incomparable gift.

What was Jesus’ greater work? In my last post I argued that the common answer to this question – Jesus made everyone alive – is dead wrong. I provided a few reasons as to why this is so but if you need more, I encourage you to look at my study notes on Romans 5:12-21 . I don’t normally publish my notes, but since this passage of scripture is such an important and misread set of verses, I have made an exception. Much of what follows comes straight from these notes.

Jesus did not come from heaven to earth simply to resurrect the corpse of humanity and repair Adam’s sin. Certainly, Jesus did right Adam’s wrong, but if that was all He did, then His wouldn’t be a greater work and Jesus wouldn’t be the Great Redeemer. He would just be a cosmic Mr. Fix-It.

So in what sense did Jesus do a greater work than Adam? For the sake of convenience, I shall reduce the splendor and majesty of His finished work to three words beginning with R. I appreciate that much wonder will be lost in doing so but I trust you will see past my clumsiness, be inspired, and then ask the Holy Spirit to fill in the rest of the picture.
What did Jesus accomplish on our behalf?

1. Redemption: The guilty verdict has been over-turned. In Adam we were branded sinners but in Christ we are declared righteous. We are no longer counted with the condemned but are numbered with the justified. Satan has nothing to accuse us of and God remembers our sins no more. Happy is the man whose sin the Lord never counts against him (Ps 32:2). If you would know how much better the gift is than the trespass, then go ask someone on death row whether they would prefer freedom to captivity.

How did He do it? When you put your trust in Christ, He gave you a glorious new past – His past. You were included in His death on the cross severing all ties with your old man (Rom 6:6). The person you used to be is dead and gone along with your sin and any relationship you had with the law (Ps 103:12, Rom 7:6). The world as you knew it is no more (Gal 6:14). Your old sources of identity and security have been replaced with something infinitely better and your past has never looked so good!

2. Resurrection: You have been raised to new life. This is not more of the same; it is brand new zoe -life. Now Christ is your life (Col 3:4).

How did He do it? If we died with Him we shall live with Him. He has given us His life which includes His acceptance (Eph 1:6), His faith (Gal 2:20), His Spirit (Rom 8:11), His righteousness (Rms 1:17), His holiness (1 Cor 1:3), indeed, His eternal perfection (Heb 10:4). As He is so are you in this world (1 Jn 4:17), so obviously you do not have a sinful nature. You are not one person on Sunday and another on Monday. Sure, you can still walk after the flesh and reap what you sow, but you are not defined by what you do. And when you do sin, you have a mighty Advocate who speaks to the Father on your behalf (1 Jn 2:1).

3. Reigning: The grace cure is greater than the disease. One sin cell infected the human race with the fatal condition of sinfulness; grace not only cures us it inoculates us against re-infection. We have been made new. We have been rewired to resist sin and please the Father. Grace doesn’t just remove all traces of past sins, it empowers us to sin no more! Grace is both favor and divine influence through the Holy Spirit. We are not just freed captives; we are kings and priests called to reign with Him. This is not some reference to the hereafter for Paul says we will “reign in life” (Rom 5:17) meaning here and now. Through the power of the Spirit we can reign over forms of death such as sickness and all the things that lead to sickness (e.g., bitterness, unforgiveness). We are no longer victims; we are more than conquerors through Him who called us.

How did He do it? Jesus has not returned us to the Garden, He has taken us to Heaven (Eph 2:6)! From the position of rest we rule and reign with Him here on Earth.
Happy Easter!

Jesus did a complete number on us. His act of obedience dealt with our past (redemption), our present (resurrection life) and our future (reigning with Him). If anyone is in Christ, he is a completely new creature. The old Adamic way of life has gone. Since redemption always leaves you better than you started, the brand new zoe -life we now have in Christ is infinitely superior to the lonely and unaided life experienced by unfallen Adam. This is the greater work Jesus has done. Unfallen Adam tried to rule alone and failed. We get to reign with Christ forever and ever.

https://escapetoreality.org/2012/04/06/last-adams-greater-work/

1 Share

Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
evening
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:35am On Nov 10, 2016
morning.
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:22am On Nov 16, 2016
jiggaz:
morning.
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by ScienceWatch: 2:30am On Jan 14, 2017
Here Jesus explains to pastors world-wide and forever, why all the miracles, prophecy, Signs and Wonders are an extremely important part of His Mission and the missions of future pastors. Firstly, Jesus says clearly in these biblical refs that the WORKS that He does bear witness that the Father has sent him.

Joh 5:35 John was a burning and a shining light: and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.

Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.

Today, the whole world is truely blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by ScienceWatch: 2:32am On Jan 14, 2017
Jesus says to all pastors, Disciples, ministers and evangelists that humbly want spiritual enlightenment and power;
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister, evangelist, priest, pope will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. John 14:12

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Evening
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2018
Yeah
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2018
Booom
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:43am On Mar 31, 2018
Coolio
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
Hai
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:33am On Apr 01, 2018
Gbam
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:01am On Jul 17, 2018
Good morning
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2019
Yeah
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:52pm On May 06, 2019
Yes Lord...
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Awesome
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:13am On Jun 03, 2020
Lord Jesus
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2020
Now
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
Glory!!!!!
Re: What Was Last Adam's Greater Work? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2021
Now...

(1) (Reply)

Is The Story Of Jesus Christ Really Fake And Copied From Egyptian Mythology? / The Holy Spirit Is A Holy Fornicator / Why You Should Not Attend Those Programs Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.