Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University (1247 Views)

FUTO Gives N1,000 Each To Best Graduating Students At The Convocation / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There / Caleb University, Lagos Cuts Hair Of Students At The Gate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
They are Geniuses, – Michelle Obama

Nigerian Students were named as best graduating students at the Dillard University, New Orleans, the U.S.A. The ceremony for 226 graduates was held at the University Auditorium and had the First Lady, Michelle Obama, in attendance.

On that evening all eyes were on 20-year-old Merrilyn Akpapuna. The Igbo Speaking, Delta-State-born bright mind has obtained the highest distinction, Summa Cum Laude, in Psychology. The topic of her research project was sexual harassment. Moreover, Akpapuna won an award for highest academic achievements for the College of Arts and Sciences and another one for College of General Studies. She plans her postgraduate study at Western Michigan University this autumn.

The graduate, who was also the valedictorian, a student who delivers farewell speech at the ceremony, shared the stage with Michelle Obama.

The three other Nigerians are:

– Victor Ogburie (Abia State) – Computer Science Major with minors in Physics and Mathematics. Academic award: Salutatorian – Summa Cum Laude;

– Stephen Ogidi Igwe (Abia State) – Biology Major. Academic Award: Salutatorian – Summa Cum Laude.

– Emole Anya Dimgba (Abia State) – Computer Science Major with minors in Physics and Mathematics. Academic Award: Salutatorian – Summa Cum Laude.

Michelle Obama described the graduates of the “historically-black” college as a “sea of young geniuses”, told them they had opportunities and skills that their parents and grandparents never could have imagined.

She also remembered abducted GGSS Chibok girls, who now suffer only “for wanting an education and wanting to go to school.”

http://ngrinfodesk..com.ng/2016/02/4-nigerians-emerge-best-students-at-us.html
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by Liberty101: 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
shocked
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by MzPecs(f): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
Wow!
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by salisy: 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
guf
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by nwadiuko1(m): 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
see my state........ndi abia ndewonu.....igbo amaka cc lalasticala
modith
betterabiastate
ponponkon
wisdomcanada
ngwaman4life
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by jejemanito: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Congrats to the lads, they have done themselves and their families proud, only that it's a pity people like this OP are only interested in using their stardom to score tribal superiority points

See the way the guy was listing their state of origin like the news won't make any sense without it, even when Delta State was mentioned, he had to point out that it was the Igbo-speaking part smh

We have a long way to go in this country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by Ariani: 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
This is old news nah!

But still capable of causing heart attack for some people. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by Caseless: 12:10am On Feb 08, 2016
Nigeria and Nigerians are proud of you.

I'm happy!

*sticks pharell William on replay*
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 08, 2016
jejemanito:
Congrats to the lads, they have done themselves and their families proud, only that it's a pity people like this OP are only interested in using their stardom to score tribal superiority points

See the way the guy was listing their state of origin like the news won't make any sense without it, even when Delta State was mentioned, he had to point out that it was the Igbo-speaking part smh

We have a long way to go in this country

I only copied it as it is bro. Thanks
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by nnachukz(m): 12:38am On Feb 08, 2016
Association of name checkers. We have arrived. I'm not disappointed, I know what my kinsmen can do. If it was about yahoo yahoo, I know what the names will be. I no call person name ooo.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by odogwu125: 12:52am On Feb 08, 2016
D News is old, the blog gave it ethnic amplification. But its gud to recycle it so haters can go and die

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by nicedas(m): 1:06am On Feb 08, 2016
d same ppl agitating for biafra cnt even school in dia states goin abroad to subsidize d life of a white man dat hates u wt Passion...

2 Likes

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by explorer250(m): 1:10am On Feb 08, 2016
the most intelligent black race indeed, no argument can change that. like I have always said the resources of Igbo is not in her land but in her people

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by VcStunner(m): 6:19am On Feb 08, 2016
You all should be inspired to be the best in yaa endeavor. One thing I came to realize is that der is no second place in life. No one sees a second! Congrats to them
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by franklingud(m): 7:48am On Feb 08, 2016
IBM again. We Rock them.
Them know.
Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by estyvino(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2016
This news will not please some people, anyway na them headache go do!

Thumbs up the graduant

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerians Emerge Best Students At U.S. University by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
Where are haters?
Special centres do this one too

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Abiapoly Part-time ND Clearance Fee / List Of Universities In Nigeria Approved By NUC, 2017 Update / One Year After: Unilorin Is Set To Victimise Sexually Harassed Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.