Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,569 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Cost Of Rabbies Vacine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Cost Of Rabbies Vacine (652 Views)

Help With Cost Of Fibroid Surgery / Cost Of Dental Braces In Nigeria / What Is The Average Cost Of Treating Gonorrhea In Hospital? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cost Of Rabbies Vacine by elegushichilling: 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Pls is there any doctor around who can tell me d cost of post exposure rabies vaccine shot.

Backtrack to jan 21st. I was bitten by a very big German dog that left my left thigh with a scratch. I never knew the scratch bite was fatal because d dog looks cool, okay and regularly vaccinated as claimed by d owner. The same day after d bite, a pharmacist asked me to go take d rabbies vaccine which I didn't take serious. After 2 weeks of d bite, I started feeling funny like sensation on d spot of d bite, after some days, it extend to my left leg and then to my left arm.
I went to a private hospital today, along sango-ijoko road road, ogun st. and d doctor said he doesn't know if it is too late but he will give me d vaccine shot today, monday, second shot on thursday morning and last shot next week monday, making a total of 3 shots.

According to a 2009 report I read through google on this site, 'www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/rabies.html' It reported that d post exposure vacine requires 4 shots and another rabies immune glubullin. Drs, I need ur advice, please save a life, today completes 18 days after d bite, I accept my fault but I refused to die now becoz I'am about to shine.
The doctor told me d total cost for d whole shot is 11k, I paid 7k promising to pay d balance on next shot. Pls advice...
Re: The Cost Of Rabbies Vacine by nadel: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
Help are u ok now

(1) (Reply)

7 Problems Only TALL People Understands... / Nigerian Lawyer And Activist, Tunji Braithwaite Dies At The Age Of 82 / Checkout Pictures That Will Send Shivers Down Your Spine Inside An IDP Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.