Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. (1106 Views)

Help 2004 Acura MDX Overheats When The A.C Is Turned ON / Custom Wahala For Every Car User :general Opinion Needed / Naija Kazeems Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by insideout: 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2016
hello car gurus. i returned from a journey with my sister's EOD which i used the AC for about 3 days only for me to use it on friday and hot air started blowing. I took it to the AC technician and he confirmed that the compressor was in order, the AC system only needed gas (there was no leakage according to him also) but after the the system has been refilled the AC does not get cold anymore . Please help diagnose what could be wrong.
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by seyiaderinto(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
From what u've said , have u checked the temperature regulator if its on the blue side
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
you need a new A.C technician.

1 Like

Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by insideout: 6:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
@seyi the regulator is on the blue side. @gazzuzz can you recommend a technician in ibadan?
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by seyiaderinto(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Okay so u can check if your compressor magnetic clutch is engageing to the compressor pulley if the ac is switched on

1 Like

Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by luvinhubby(m): 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
insideout:
hello car gurus. i returned from a journey with my sister's EOD which i used the AC for about 3 days only for me to use it on friday and hot air started blowing. I took it to the AC technician and he confirmed that the compressor was in order, the AC system only needed gas (there was no leakage according to him also) but after the the system has been refilled the AC does not get cold anymore . Please help diagnose what could be wrong.

Take Gazzuz's advice, get another AC technician.
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by MrChilaka(m): 9:45am On Feb 09, 2016
insideout:

[size=13pt]Hi good day, agreed you need a new technician but before you get a new person to check your Car AC system lets start with a few Q&A

1. What repair/maintenance work have you or your sister done on the EOD's AC system
2. Were OEM replacements used for the work

If you are clear on the above a seasoned technician can then assist you.
[/size]
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by insideout: 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
MrChilaka:

[size=13pt]Hi good day, agreed you need a new technician but before you get a new person to check your Car AC system lets start with a few Q&A

1. What repair/maintenance work have you or your sister done on the EOD's AC system
2. Were OEM replacements used for the work

If you are clear on the above a seasoned technician can then assist you.
[/size]

The only repair ever was the brakepad which she changed about 2 weeks before I embarked on the journey and the replacement part used isn't the OEM.
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by insideout: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
seyiaderinto:
Okay so u can check if your compressor magnetic clutch is engageing to the compressor pulley if the ac is switched on
Pls how do I know it the clutch is engaging. I'm a newbie when it comes to diagnosing problems related to cars. What i know is that the fan rotates when the the AC botton is switched on.
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by MrChilaka(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2016
insideout:

Pls how do I know it the clutch is engaging. I'm a newbie when it comes to diagnosing problems related to cars. What i know is that the fan rotates when the the AC botton is switched on.

insideout:

The only repair ever was the brakepad which she changed about 2 weeks before I embarked on the journey and the replacement part used isn't the OEM.

[size=13pt]Only an experienced eye (AC Technician can tell) can tell you, but there is a way of finding out. The side where your compressor is located, you turn the front tire away from the compressor so you can see the compressor pulley, watch the spining of the compressor pulley (ie disk on which the AC belt attached rotates) this pully should stop spining at a time while the belt will still be running. Now what the technician would look out for is the smoothness of that opperation, that way he would know if your clutch engages fine and if your compressor thermostate is in order. The soloution to your AC issues is a technician who knows what to look out for, from what you say the AC Unit to the best of your knowledge has not be worked on in Nigieria. So relax I would get you a contact in Ibadan or close to you. Cheers [/size]
Re: Help!! 2004 AC Wahala. by insideout: 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
thanks guys. The issue has been resolved. It was a compressor problem

(1) (Reply)

Serious Vibration On Car Body / N180,000 Cash Available For A Buy And Drive(good) Car / Can I Renew My License At Mile 2?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.