Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) (3434 Views)

Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / My Experience Job Hunting At Linda Ikeji Media / What You Posted On Social Media May Affect Your Job Hunting. [pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 6:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hi guys,

Hope you had a good weekend – apologies this is coming late, as it should have been published on Friday but I spent a good chunk of the day interviewing a senior HR executive with a multinational organisation – I will be publishing the interview this Friday so please subscribe to the website (www.skillsonthehouse.com) to get the interview directly to your inbox. It was veryyyyyyyy JUICY because she provided some INSIDER GIST on the whole employment process, how to use LinkedIn to find job opportunities, how to negotiate your salary / pay package as a graduate and so much MORE so please watch out for the post on Friday.

Anyway, today’s topic is focused on the danger of staying idle while searching for a job, and what you really ought to be doing while job hunting. It appears that a lot of young job seekers do not really understand the dynamics of the job market, and the importance of not staying idle while searching for a job - I can’t stress this enough.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are out of a job, there are things you should do to build your profile and develop your skills while you continue to apply and interview for full time roles.

I discuss this in the below video, and I really hope you enjoy it. Please leave your comments or questions on the topic as I really love to hear your thoughts / opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alCFfSpNUyI&feature=youtu.be

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by JERRYNIL: 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
u are doing a good job , pls keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thank you very much cheesy
JERRYNIL:
u are doing a good job , pls keep it up.

Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by ril19(m): 12:48am On Feb 09, 2016
I really don't wanna get employed by someone op. i'd rather work hard to employ myself and others. nevertheless your piece is valuable. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 8:30am On Feb 09, 2016
Hi @ril19, yes I understand that definitely not everyone wants to get into paid employment (just as not everyone can be an entrepreneur) - it really depends on what you want for yourself. For me personally, I started working quite early and I've learnt soo much and built a fantastic network in the process so that when I go out on my own, I'll feel well equipped. Thanks for watching the video grin
ril19:
I really don't wanna get employed by someone op. i'd rather work hard to employ myself and others. nevertheless your piece is valuable. thank you.

Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 09, 2016
One advice. Post the interview transcript. Not everyone will watch the video with slow Internet.
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 11:04am On Feb 09, 2016
Alright @cedaraustine, I will do so. Thanks.
cedaraustine:
One advice. Post the interview transcript. Not everyone will watch the video with slow Internet.
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2016
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by adedapo1994: 10:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
most amazing story you have ever read in recent times........http://www.earthsgeo..com.ng/2016/02/good-girl.html
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by Wendyslim(f): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Nice one. Keep it up
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2016
Thanks @Wendyslim
Wendyslim:
Nice one. Keep it up
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by afrokid(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
Very very nice and educating.
Re: Why You Must NEVER Stay Idle While Job Hunting (+ What You Should Be Doing) by GenoMI: 8:07am On Feb 12, 2016
Thanks @afrokid, glad you liked it cheesy

afrokid:
Very very nice and educating.

(1) (Reply)

Engineering Jobs For You / Breaking! FG Ends Npower Program For 2016 Batch. / Offshore Job Training For Fresh Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.