Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,688 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Help: I Want To Learn : - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help: I Want To Learn : (929 Views)

Pls, Help. I Need To Verify A Job In Nddc. / Help! I Want To Publish My Book / Help! I Want to Improve My Writing Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: I Want To Learn : by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 04, 2009
I know I'm a potential author, no doubt. But my problem is knowing all the formalities and informalities in written English. Or if I write in my native language will you buy ?
Re: Help: I Want To Learn : by SeanT21(f): 3:51am On Jul 04, 2009
If U want to reach a large audience then write in English.
Re: Help: I Want To Learn : by zenatta: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2009
Writers kinda know they can write so I believe you. Do you want to make money with your writing or do you want your locality to be the sole peruser of your work. Its ok to write in your language if you are teaching bored children whose parents forgot to teach them their native tongue or if you are in adult education, a teacher maybe.

Use the English Language, the formalities as you put it, is what makes it more fun.The idiosyncracies of the Eng lang is just mind blowing.
Wish you pen-to-paper in your writing
Re: Help: I Want To Learn : by dominique(f): 12:50am On Jul 05, 2009
@poster
if you write in your native language, your market wont go beyond your friends and family (those of them that can read it). If you want to write an indeginous piece rich in culture, then you should take cue from the likes chinua achibe et al.
Re: Help: I Want To Learn : by RuuDie(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2009
@ poster,

since u knw all d (in)formalities in ur native language, simply write and translate to english abi!?

(1) (Reply)

Pls, I Need Material On The Impact Of Information Technology In Nigeria Banking / Believe Me, We All Have Issues / Time,our Greatest Enemy-a Poem By Linusclark..plz critics...plz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.