Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! (59219 Views)

FG Slashes Import Duties On 115 Items / Cement Price Rises By 44 Per Cent, Hits N2,300 Per Bag / Dangote Slashes Cement Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by maximunimpact(m): 10:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Giant cement manufacturer, Dangote cement has slashed the price of its cement varieties as a result of its economy of scale occasioned by the recent introduction of new production lines in Okpella Edo State and Itori in Ogun State worth nine million metric tonnes,

The company, in a statement, stated that the price cut from N1800 to N1300 was to ensure the product is affordable to all segment of users.

In the same light the company has gone a step further to train block moulders on the right mix to get quality blocks.

Speaking in Umahia, the Abia State capital during a national meeting of the National Association of Block Moulders of Nigeria (NABMON), Regional Sales Director, Dangote Cement, Johnson Olaniyi, stated that Dangote Cement considered incessant building collapse as an indictment on all sector operators hence his company’s resolve to continue the collaboration with all so as to tackle the menace.

While assuring that Dangote Cement would continue to ensure that block moulders have access to its quality cement as part of its contribution to the war against building collapse, the Sales Director further stated that the company reduced the price of its cement from N1800- N1300 to enable Nigerians have unhindered access to the product.

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/02/09/dangote-slashes-cement-price-again/

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by opalu: 10:58am On Feb 09, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Estacy22: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2016
Good one from Dangote. If Nigerians could allow the new electricity tariff to stay, after some time the tariff will crash down just as we experience in Telecommunications. The investors need capital for expansion and expansion will lead to eventual tariff crash landing.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by divinehand2003(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2016
Why can't it be rounded to N1000 ?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2016
Even if he slashes it to 500naira, you guys don't know the extent of monopoly that guy enjoys here in Nigeria.

So how come he hiked the price in the first place to make so much wealth and now that he's made it, he's now considering the masses which he already ripped off long time ago.

He's playing games with your life because if his net worth drops tommorow then expect cement inflation.

38 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by abu12: 11:25am On Feb 09, 2016
aaronson:
Even if he slashes it to 500naira, you guys don't know the extent of monopoly that guy enjoys here in Nigeria.

So how come he hiked the price in the first place to make so much wealth and now that he's made it, he's now considering the masses which he already ripped off long time ago.

He's playing games with your life because if his net worth drops tommorow then expect cement inflation.

[size=14pt]Dangote is spreading his factory across all part of nigeria, leaving sE region 4 ibeto 2 start production of cement, yet u are shouting monopoly. Who is stopping u or any other nigeria frm going in2 cement production in any part of d country? [/size]

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by K9blunt(f): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2016
abu12:

[size=14pt]Dangote is spreading his factory across all part of nigeria, leaving sE region 4 ibeto 2 start production of cement, yet u are shouting monopoly. Who is stopping u or any other nigeria frm going in2 cement production in any part of d country? [/size]

Help me ask him o,

Some peoples way of thinking is crippling. Gosh!

43 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by ckmayoca: 11:31am On Feb 09, 2016
Everytime they say reduction in price, on gettng to the seller it remains the normal price so what is really happening? Currently I think it's 1300 or 1400 not 1800.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2016
abu12:

Assimilate my point before you reply, my point is, he already made it period! If he likes he could own a plant on mars but he started from one and that was when monopoly pushed him through.

A scam artist( yahoo boy) could own lots of investments and properties in the long run but how he started still remains mystery.

13 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by TheFreeOne: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2016
Kini big deal

He's got the leverage and maybe the rains will come calling early this year.

One of our 'government-made' billionaires.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2016
oil prices are dropping

energy bills are dropping

so a drop in price is natural
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by TheFreeOne: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2016
krendo:
oil prices are dropping

Hope you ain't referring to naija

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cement has been 1,300 since last year. 1,250 from factory, 1,300 from wholesales and 1,350 from retailers.

He shld beat it to 1k

16 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Barezzi(m): 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
Fake news!!
Cement has been 1300 since last year...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by rolchi(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
ckmayoca:
Everytime they say reduction in price, on gettng to the seller it remains the normal price so what is really happening? Currently I think it's 1300 or 1400 not 1800.

As at yesterday, I bought 1,500NGN in Warri. The seller even came back to complain that price for cement increased and requested for an increment on the negotiated price of 1,500NGN per bag. If you see shout wey I shout for am....

8 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by rolchi(m): 12:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
krendo:
oil prices are dropping

for where?

One board of plank that used to be 1,500NGN in Warri is now 1,750NGN.

I suspect that this news is fake. If Dangote drops it to 900NGN or even 1,000NGN...then he is serious.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sai Buhari
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
H
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by InwehAkpevwe(m): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nice move... My advice still remains that there should be a price regulatory body in Nigeria to regulate the prices of commodities... Don't be surprised that consumers will still buy this cement at the old price...
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by missKiffy(f): 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nice, i guess this is his own little way of contributing to naija, that doesn't stop him from making his profit tho
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Firefire(m): 12:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
This news get as eee be. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
300 naira per bag cost of transportation is included in the 1,300.00.
If Government can make rail transport feasible i think the price can go down further

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by shaddoww: 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
Which kind news b dis naaa?
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by 9jatatafo(m): 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
That is good news. I was surprised when I bought a bag for 1400 this past Saturday. More greese to his elbow.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by OnankpaBa(m): 12:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
wao
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by allanphash7(m): 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
I dont eat cement i eat Rice

Rice price has gone up let FG slash it to 2k per bag

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Firefire(m): 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
ckmayoca:

Fraudulent people.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
That's our man......One Nigeria, the main reason why I like Northern people, is because they don't too much like money like we Yoruba's and Igbo.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by FRANKOXY(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
I can buy cement at any price cool
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by yemmight(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
We have been buying cement less than that since last year. It should be sold for 1k or below if he really want to bring it down.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by viktor01(m): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
God bless Dangote, Bless Edo and my home town....OKPELLA for the drop in price. grin

NO HATING PLEASE.........

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled" / Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React / Zenith Bank Shuts Down Some Branches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.