Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically (33747 Views)

Piano/keyboard Lesson / How Well Arranged Or How Beautiful Is Your Smartphone Homepage? / Olamide Teaching Is Son How To Play Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by lakesidepapa(m): 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dekatron:
Is it hereditary?

Oyibo kids dey always type very fast. Me wey don dey use PC everyday and type for some time now still dey stutter and look at my keyboard. Abi na film trick? Na only me observe that thing?

Na ur hereditary boda, I can type a whole pages within a twinkle of a eye with looking at my keyboard
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
QWERTY is used worldwide but not universally. The original reason for jumbling up letters is no longer needed as most people've replaced typewriter use with word processors.
Most keyboard configurations for speed now put the most used letters in the middle row for quicker access and memorization. It is proven that this arrangement would speed a casual user to near professional qwerty level.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by professore(m): 5:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
This is informative
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
UjSizzle:

You're welcome smiley
Read up a lot of documents on why you should touch-type and the benefits of touch-typing. Download pictures of which hands press which keys on a keyboard and force yourself to always look at the screen when typing.
How you start is around a week it would take three guesses to press the right key without looking but eventually they'd start reducing to one or two at most. You'd then start learning key combos and shortcuts unconsciously. By the first month to month and a half you'd get accustomed to most keys you use regularly and from there your speed starts improving to your old hunt and peck speed.

Trust me, I learned all this on my own. Any one can do it.

Another word of advice: The backspace key is your best friend - map its location because of your first-time heavy error rate. With time, practice and dedication you'd find yourself pressing it less.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by ultraGM: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
MY KEYBOARD IS AZERTY
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmm.. This is Educating
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by UjSizzle(f): 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
charix:

Read up a lot of documents on why you should touch-type and the benefits of touch-typing. Download pictures of which hands press which keys on a keyboard and force yourself to always look at the screen when typing.
How you start is around a week it would take three guesses to press the right key without looking but eventually they'd start reducing to one or two at most. You'd then start learning key combos and shortcuts unconsciously. By the first month to month and a half you'd get accustomed to most keys you use regularly and from then your speed starts improving to your old speed.

Trust me, I learned all this on my own. Any one can do it.
Gotcha
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
UjSizzle:

Gotcha
Just remember to give me a shout out when you start getting proficient at it. Four years later and I'm still grateful to my friend who mentioned it.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 10, 2016
ultraGM:
MY KEYBOARD IS AZERTY
AZERTY keyboard du Bebe.
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by ucheuzor1(m): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
bastien:
Even with the qwerty keypad I'm still fast

I even dey talk to my boss as I tap the is post
nai make u type rubbish so...I 2 know
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Fowuzo76(m): 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
Very insightful
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by bastien: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2016
ucheuzor1:

nai make u type rubbish so...I 2 know
rubbish or mistake?
Re: See Why The Qwerty Keyboard Is Not Arranged Alphabetically by Nobody: 4:56am On Apr 12, 2016
UjSizzle:
Gotcha
Any progress abi you've dumped the exercise out of frustration?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduates 2019 / FG Increases Salaries Of Tertiary Institutions’ Staff By 35% And 23% / FG Committee Recommends ₦ 2 Millions Monthly Pay For Professors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.