Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake (33276 Views)

Hierarchy Of Yoruba Obas As Of 1920 / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by TimeManager(m): 10:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Alake take a bow & go!. How can the people who pay homage to us downplay the facts of history.
Ooduwa agbe wa o.
No lie only truth!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Kenmatt(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
I think the war is getting more interesting.

To the benefits of people like us, who are mindful in acquisition of cultural knowledge.
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by femi4: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2016
clefstone:
No yoruba monarchy can match the history of the Benin monarchy. The facts are there
What's this one saying? Benin is part of the Yoruba kingdom

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by mrbillz(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Deji of Akure nko undecided...abi Ondo state no be Yoruba land again and Oba of Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by kunle75(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Topam:

cc:lalasticlala
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/yoruba-obas-i-stand-by-my-ranking-alake/

This stupid man should just gerararararar here men and let peace rain in the land ...........we need peace now not animosity.......... i just don't know why some of this yeye oba`s cant contribute meaningfully but instead causing trouble all over the land with mis-guided tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by proxillin(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2016
Yes gerrit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2016
HateU2:
undecided undecided
Kilode Mr Morufu undecided.
Ayam talking to my fellow original yoruba goons not fake lipsrsealed
stfu! Don't derail
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
stfu! Don't derail
undecided undecided
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 10, 2016
HateU2:
undecided undecided
you heard me right
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by pamcode(m): 10:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Olowu should have been the first been the first born of okanbi but owu has lost it supremacy a long time ago
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by gbishman: 10:46am On Feb 10, 2016
This so called ruler should always back his presumptions with facts.
The prominent chief of Bini kingdom stated equivocally that during the last conference help in Benin that the list of attendees showed only one Oba which was the Oba of Benin and the rest titles were all bearng Onni's and Alafin.
Secondly, he mentioned that it was a Bini prince who strayed to Ife that brought about kingship in that region and he has said he has facts to back up his claime.
Anyways the whole world knows who is top on the ranking, you can even attest from the Queen of England, she too will educate you all cus they have and keep records.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by lakesidepapa(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2016
proxillin:
[size=14pt]He is right. Gbam. One of our sons went to Benin to become king. Oba is a Yoruba word. [/size]
You are right bro. The previous and present kings in Ile Ife since Odua passed away are slaves. Quotes me and I'll explain how it was.
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by sniper77(m): 10:48am On Feb 10, 2016
The alake pledged to provide evidence. If he truly said that then I am looking forward to seeing the evidence.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by proxillin(m): 10:49am On Feb 10, 2016
lakesidepapa:

You are right bro. The previous and present kings in Ile Ife since Odua passed away are slaves. Quotes me and I'll explain how it was.

And I will also explain how we send emissories and priests to Benin for political and spiritual sanity. Ile-Ife was like Rome then...

I have artifact evidence to prove it.. You can bring the game on.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Holyman3(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2016
Backward old fools.
Who cares about your useless names?
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by sniper77(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Please explain. I want to know the details if you don't mind.
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by sayyid(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2016
we need historians to clear the air on this
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 10, 2016
abeg make we hear word with this their ranking!
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by clefstone(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2016
femi4:
What's this one saying? Benin is part of the Yoruba kingdom
go and read about the bini empire and after that you will slap that Alake or whoever told u that

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by 247Dior(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2016
Is oba of Lagos fake? Why was he not recognized?
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by clefstone(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2016
EastanPower:

“Ooni is one of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland. The others are in order of the way they are classified on supremacy basis. After the Ooni is the Alaafin. After the Alaafin, the Oba of Benin. After the Oba of Benin, it comes to the Alake of Egbaland and the fifth and by no means the last or the least, the Awujale of Ijebuland.’’ grin grin grin
the greatness of the bini king is what makes the yorubas desperate to include him in their lesser company

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Saladin25(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2016
clefstone:
No yoruba monarchy can match the history of the Benin monarchy. The facts are there
You don't know history. The oba Oyo has high reputation. Oyo empire at its peak extend towards Benin Republic and Togo. Oyo empire had the best soldiers. Ile Ife never fought any war. They are weak. Ile-Ife was attacked by Afonja with ease. Ooni is just respected because that is the source of all Yoruba. To show that Aalafin is a powerful king, he is the only king that can pronounce someone Aare Onakankafo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by NemzySeries(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2016
dis is aw old pple stir up disunity & communal clashes......I dunt see d relevance of such statements in d 1st place........pride has neva helped any1 frm time immemorial

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by EastanPower(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2016
clefstone:
the greatness of the bini king is what makes the yorubas desperate to include him in their lesser company

Please tell that to the alake not me.. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Jobabori(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2016
Ooni Adeyeye wants unity among the Yorubas not disunity being propagated by Alake. The ranking is of no consequence in todays world. Let Yoruba nation move forward. Kudo to Ooni Adeyeye, the new face of Yoruba nation.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by lharstborn(m): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2016
The Alake seems to be high on dried Ugwu leaf.. The Awujale of Ijebu is way ahead of Alake of Egbaland. It is only Ijebuland whose ancestry can't be traced back to Ife. Get your facts right,Alake of Egbaland. Awujale no be ya mate!!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by proxillin(m): 10:57am On Feb 10, 2016
Saladin25:

You don't know history. The oba Oyo has high reputation. Oyo empire at its peak extend towards Benin Republic and Togo. Oyo empire had the best soldiers. Ile Ife never fought any war. They are weak. Ile-Ife was attacked by Afonja with ease. Ooni is just respected because that is the source of all Yoruba. To show that Aalafin is a powerful king, he is the only king that can pronounce someone Aare Onakankafo.

Ile-Ife was a spiritual center. Ife is not meant to fight any war. Ile-Ife was like a church.

Oyo was the administrative center. Thats why its fights wars.

Even the Agbekoya war. Ile-Ife did not openly cooperate with Ekiti-Ijesha alliance
You need to get these basics.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by femi4: 10:59am On Feb 10, 2016
clefstone:
go and read about the bini empire and after that you will slap that Alake or whoever told u that
You need to read about the great Oduduwa too and what Ile Ife stand for
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2016
another argument on ranking again? a lot of yorubas don't really give a fvck about ranking... most yorubas are only answerable to their own Obas...
Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by AreaFada2: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2016
mrbillz:
Deji of Akure nko undecided...abi Ondo state no be Yoruba land again and Oba of Lagos?

Olowo of Owo is way ahead of Alake in my book. Historically and otherwise.

I think people relegate Olowo because of being in Eastern fringes of Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by comos: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2016
EastanPower:

“Ooni is one of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland. The others are in order of the way they are classified on supremacy basis. After the Ooni is the Alaafin. After the Alaafin, the Oba of Benin. After the Oba of Benin, it comes to the Alake of Egbaland and the fifth and by no means the last or the least, the Awujale of Ijebuland.’’ grin grin grin

The Oba of Benin is supreme to all yoruba obas, because first ooni of Ife was the ancestral son of the Oba of benin.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Obas: I Stand By My Ranking — Alake by proxillin(m): 11:03am On Feb 10, 2016
comos:

The Oba of Benin is supreme to all yoruba obas, because first ooni of Ife was the ancestral son of the Oba of benin.

Pls who is Oduduwa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Artificial Rain Making: How Is It Done? / How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation / Arochukwu (in Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.