Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (21396 Views)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2016
goodnews201668:
J

Those are parable not real event.
According to John 3:13 Jesus says no man has ascended to heaven except him that came down from heaven.
So neither Lazarus nor Abraham was in heaven when Jesus narrated the story.
If jesus story were to be taken literal it means someone in hellfire can see someone in heaven. It also means someone in hellfire can as well talk to someone in heaven.

I no wan go that kind Heaven o grin

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Will eternity for righteous people be such that the wicked (supposedly also alive forever) will be within earshot disturbing their communion with GOD with their constant cries and be them begging for water?

The rich man begged to have somebody be sent to warn his brothers on earth. Who will the wicked beg to be sent and to whom are they going to be sent?

Ask him ooo, who will the wicked be begged to sent to and to who are they going to be sent to?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
DoctorAlien:

My brother the thing tire me ooo
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by goodnews201668: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
DoctorAlien:

He shy away from answering these two questions ooo:

1: According to Ezekiel 28:13-18, Satan will be burnt to ashes. How is it you claim he will be alive burning forever? Or can ashes be alive?

2: Jesus said it's easier for a Camel to pass through the needle's eye than for a rich man to make the kingdom.
If parables are to be taken literally,
Does it mean a Camel can possibly pass through the needle's eyes?

Was Jesus saying that a Camel must pass through the eyes of a needle for a wealthy man to make the kingdom?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2016
goodnews201668:

He shy away from answering these two questions ooo:

1: According to Ezekiel 28:13-18, Satan will be burnt to ashes. How is it you claim he will be alive burning forever? Or can ashes be alive?

2: Jesus said it's easier for a Camel to pass through the needle's eye than for a rich man to make the kingdom.
If parables are to be taken literally,
Does it mean a Camel can possibly pass through the needle's eyes?

Was Jesus saying that a Camel must pass through the eyes of a needle for a wealthy man to make the kingdom?

I guess he couldn't find any scriptural back-up for the lies he has chosen to believe.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jessicha(f): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Cross check this with Psalm 9:17, will the righteous and wicked head to the same place going by the tenor of Palm 9:17?
"
All go to the same place.All came from the dust and all return to the dust. " Ecc 3:20.

Even Job ehn , knows he will go to the pit or sheol. Job 17:16 , is he a wicked person ?

like psalm 9:17, Job even prayed to go to " hell " Douay rheims bible (sheol) - job 14:13 .
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by dorox(m): 7:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Scholar8200:
Cross check this with Psalm 9:17, will the righteous and wicked head to the same place going by the tenor of Palm 9:17?

Of what purpose is the resurrection if at death we never truly die but just shed our mortal bodies?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:31am On Apr 22, 2016
goodnews201668:

Did you read the thread at all?
Why don't you go through the thread first.
I am not you even understand what you said here. If am wrong in any way point it out.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Do you know that the same thing that happens to animals is what happens to man?

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as one dieth, so dieth the other, yea, they have all one breath; ... All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again" Eccl. 3:19,20.

If the same thing that happens to man happens to animals, are the souls of animals immortal too? sad
does this verse say the soul of animals are immortal ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2016
MizJanet:

really ? @ bold

hindu, Buddhist, muslims, taoist and others who dont belive in Jesus have mortal souls abi ? grin

dont they have the same biological make up with you ?

do they have eternal life as promise by jesus to those who believe in Him ?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:04am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
does this verse say the soul of animals are immortal ?

neither did the verse say the soul of man is immortal .

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

okay , u mean there are two options , its either eternal life ( living forever) or destruction - john 3:16

but can you tell me the difference between eternal life and immortality ?
You get eternal Life through jesus christ, but immortality is something you are born with. Man was created in the image of God, this mean their is a part which survive death.

The book of revelation is very clear about this, underneath the human body there exist something which survive death.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

neither did the verse say the soul of man is immortal .
saying man soul is not immortal, you are given credit to satan.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:14am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
saying man soul is not immortal, you are given credit to satan.

lol, explain how ? am sure u will see u are his supporter when we start

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
You get eternal Life through jesus christ, but immortality is something you are born with. Man was created in the image of God, this mean their is a part which survive death.

The book of revelation is very clear about this, underneath the human body there exist something which survive death.

if immortality is something humans are born with , then they automatically have eternal life .

therefore u just showed Jesus death is useless . u cant give a never ending life to an immortal person, he already HAVE IT.

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2016
you cant expect God to be given eternal life, he doesn't need it because he is IMMORTAL already .

malvis , u keep commiting blunders

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:33am On Apr 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Can you give one instance in the Bible? sad

The bolded part above: only GOD has that attribute.(1 Tim. 6:15,16). What are you saying? sad

"Shall mortal man be more just than GOD? Shall a man be more pure than his Maker?" Job 4:17. Is there anything in this text which implies that man has another component which is immortal? sad
While Elijah was at the house of a widow in the city of Zarephath, the woman’s son died.
But Elijah “cried unto Jehovah, and said..., Jehovah my God, I pray thee, let this child’s SOUL COME INTO HIM AGAIN ” (1 Kings 17:21). Hezekiah celebrated the fact that the soul survives the death of the body: “But thou hast in love to my soul (nephesh) delivered it from the pit of corruption” (Isaiah 38:17)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:38am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
While Elijah was at the house of a widow in the city of Zarephath, the woman’s son died.
But Elijah “cried unto Jehovah, and said..., Jehovah my God, I pray thee, let this child’s SOUL COME INTO HIM AGAIN ” (1 Kings 17:21). Hezekiah celebrated the fact that the soul survives the death of the body: “But thou hast in love to my soul (nephesh) delivered it from the pit of corruption” (Isaiah 38:17)

According to 1 Tim. 6:16, only GOD has immortality. What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:41am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
do they have eternal life as promise by jesus to those who believe in Him ?

Jesus promised eternal life to those who believe in Him.

But did Jesus say that anything about man is immortal?

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:41am On Apr 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

if immortality is something humans are born with , then they automatically have eternal life .

therefore u just showed Jesus death is useless . u cant give a never ending life to an immortal person, he already HAVE IT.
then of what purpose is the death of jesus christ ? Do jehoveh witness have john 3:16 in their bible ? Dint the bible say whoever believe in him shall have eternal life ?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, BUT have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

The word BUT imply eternal life is not what you are born with, is some you have after believing in jesus christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:43am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:

Really? When the Bible makes it clear in 1 Tim. 6:16 that GOD is the only one that has immortality? sad

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:43am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
But Elijah “cried unto Jehovah, and said..., Jehovah my God, I pray thee, let this child’s SOUL COME INTO HIM AGAIN ” (1 Kings 17:21)

soul accordind to the bible, means life or a living being

its the life or conscious existence of the child that come into him .

for u to get it : the scripture said the soul of every flesh is in the blood , it doesn't mean an entity in the blood , it means the life or conscious existence of every flesh is in the blood

dont read platonic pagan greek philosophy into the Bible.

. Hezekiah celebrated the fact that the soul survives the death of the body: “But thou hast in love to my soul (nephesh) delivered it from the pit of corruption” (Isaiah 38:17)

Hezekiah meant God delivered him from death and grave the pit of corruption.

God also use the expression my Soul , does it mean another God entity exists within him. it means myself .
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:

Please show us the place in Revelation that talks about "something underneath the human body that survives death".

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:48am On Apr 22, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jesus promised eternal life to those who believe in Him.

But did Jesus say that anything about man is immortal?
did he say man soul is not immortal ? But the bible imply that.

Matthew 25:46
46 And these will go away into eternal
punishment, but the righteous into eternal
life.”
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:49am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
then of what purpose is the death of jesus christ ? Do jehoveh witness have john 3:16 in their bible ? Dint the bible say whoever believe in him shall have eternal life ?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, BUT have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

The word BUT imply eternal life is not what you are born with, is some you have after believing in jesus christ.

nd what brings JW to this discussiion

besides Jw dont make Jesus death useless by claiming they are immortal. they never claim immortality.

u said man is born immortal , u are the one I should ask if john 3:16 is in your bible because it very clear an IMMORTAL person dont need eternal life . He already have it.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Apr 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

for u to get it : the scripture said the soul of every flesh is in the blood , it doesn't mean an entity in the blood , it means the life or conscious existence of every flesh is in the blood

God also use the expression my Soul , does it mean another God entity exists within him. it means myself .
DoctorAlien:

Please show us the place in Revelation that talks about "something underneath the human body that survives death".
Jozzy4:

No need for this argument. The truth is in the bible.
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:

46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

See Malachi 4:1,3. The wicked will be burnt to ashes. Will their ashes be alive suffering forever?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:58am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:

46 And these will go away into eternal
punishment, but the righteous into eternal
life.”

u use imply because u actually know that verse never said soul is immortal .

meanwhile what confuse u is the word eternal purnishment, u reason this means a never ending purnishment. taken at face value . but is eternal destruction not an eternal punishment ? 2 the 1:9

hypocrite! why not take this will go to eternal life at face value too instead of giving bogus explanation , eternal life = never ending life . if the eternal purnishment is hellfire , then that means those in hellfire also have eternal life since they must have a never ending life

hahahahaha grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by Jozzy4: 8:59am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
No need for this argument. The truth is in the bible

that truth which u cant see .

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
No need for this argument. The truth is in the bible.

The truth has always been in the Bible, but you decided to believe a lie.

Now, answer this question sincerely with your head: If man (or supposedly a part of man) is immortal (which means, he cannot die), is there any need for Jesus to give us another eternal life?
Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by malvisguy212: 9:00am On Apr 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

nd what brings JW to this discussiion

besides Jw dont make Jesus death useless by claiming they are immortal. they never claim immortality.

u said man is born immortal , u are the one I should ask if john 3:16 is in your bible because it very clear an IMMORTAL person dont need eternal life . He already have it.
I just made myself clear here.
malvisguy212:

1 Like

Re: How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? by DoctorAlien(m): 9:03am On Apr 22, 2016
malvisguy212:
I just made myself clear here.
If somebody is immortal, does he not have eternal life?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Can God Blame Me For Not Telling A Church Member What God Told Me As A Pastor? / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World / Sirajudeen Ugwu Delivering An Eid Elkabeer Sermon To Igbo Muslims In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.