Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Do It Right - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Do It Right (434 Views)

Is It Right To Feed Chickens Corn Chaff? / Catfish Farming - Getting It Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do It Right by jhaybee: 9:22am On Feb 11, 2016
I found out that a lot of farmers are into one problem or the other, for example; manuals, articles and others medium of getting information teaches all forms of practices and yet still get low output. Lets type our problems here and see how we can solve it together. What will work for maize might work for cowpea if applied with wisdom.
Re: Do It Right by jhaybee: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2016
We will be taking food crops one after the other. For example: People planting yam don't really follow the accurate spacing for yam and yet end up having less plant per sqare meter. There is an optimum spacing required for all crops. If spacing is too much doesn't affect the crop but reduces your output, increases more spaces for weed. Be warned
Re: Do It Right by divineappo(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2016
jhaybee:
I found out that a lot of farmers are into one problem or the other, for example; manuals, articles and others medium of getting information teaches all forms of practices and yet still get low output. Lets type our problems here and see how we can solve it together. What will work for maize might work for cowpea if applied with wisdom.
as a farmer, how many bunch of plantain can fill up a 30tonnes truck? And how much is reasonable enough to charge my buyer, pls give me suggestions
Re: Do It Right by jhaybee: 9:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
You really cant quantify, because the size and number of fingers per bunch varies. A tonne varies from 50 bunches to 90 bunches. To my best of knowledge we still see per bunch. You quantify and multiply the price of a bunch by 25 bunches. Lets say 450*65 to give 29250...
Re: Do It Right by jhaybee: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
The assumed price above is per ton

(1) (Reply)

Please Pop Corn Needed Urgently 2.5 Tonnes / Palm Kanel / 50,000 Tons Of Pkshell For Sale In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.