Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,006 members, 7,953,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:06 AM

Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. (734 Views)

7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / Don’t Take Risks Without Knowing These / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by Treash(m): 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Helo Nairalanders. Please am a bit confused. I just started working wit a new law firm somewhere around Ikeja two wks ago. I dont really av issues wit the working condition coz I quite understnd Lagos working atmosphere. I reside at Joju, after Sango Otta, and I must resume work by 9am,dats if court is not sitting, else I must leave home by 5am to beat the traffic.

To cut the long story short, ever since I started, my new boss never called me to discuss the terms of payment with me. Though he's a family friend, but how can I work frm morning till night and I wouldnt knw how much my salary is?? I try to exercise patience coz I first thought it wasnt formal to start asking for salary matter. He always want me to be at work puntually but I cant cope again. D transport and accomodation is draining; transport alone is #800 daily and am sick of this.
Re: Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by Pineapp: 12:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Treash:
Helo Nairalanders. Please am a bit confused. I just started working wit a new law firm somewhere around Ikeja two wks ago. I dont really av issues wit the working condition coz I quite understnd Lagos working atmosphere. I reside at Joju, after Sango Otta, and I must resume work by 9am,dats if court is not sitting, else I must leave home by 5am to beat the traffic.
To cut the long story short, ever since I started, my new boss never called me to discuss the terms of payment with me. Though he's a family friend, but how can I work frm morning till night and I wouldnt knw how much my salary is?? I try to exercise patience coz I first thought it wasnt formal to start asking for salary matter. He always want me to be at work puntually but I cant cope again. D transport and accomodation is draining; transport alone is #800 daily and am sick of this.
grin
Them suppose bring you out for assembly ground flog the bejesus out of you. undecided

Because he is a family friend doesn't mean the handshake should extend to the elbow.
Ask him the necessary questions an employee should ask about which includes knowing what the salary is like.

Abi you dey look him face
Don't worry.
Na month end you go know say you be charity worker angry
Re: Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by maryam6(f): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wat is ur qualification?
Re: Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by Treash(m): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
maryam6:
Wat is ur qualification?
Bachelor of Law.
Re: Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by maryam6(f): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
Treash:

Bachelor of Law.
Gud! U shld then expect gud amount of money as ur salary.
Re: Kindly Advice: Working Without Knowing My Salary. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
i once worked for someone in 2004, expecting at least 15k as salary. i didnt disciss terms before starting the job cos he was a pastor and a family friend.

month end, he packaged 2,000 inside envelope in 50 naira notes.
i learnt my lesson with the 13k loss.
you may learn with a more painful amount.

(1) (Reply)

CEH Training In Abuja Nigeria / Enter Here To Promote Your Music/video On Nobleprimes Free / sky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.