Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: (14454 Views)

How Brainwashing Works / Brainwashing Methods: How They Program Your Mind / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
I was trying to be born again, so i googled born again and this site came up among other, this is some of the techniques used by our modern churches to brain wash us all, pls read carefully, and link will be given at the end. Educate yourself now before it's too late.

How Revivalist Preachers Work
If you'd like to see a revivalist preacher at work, there are probably several in your city. Go to the church or tent early and sit in the rear, about three-quarters of the way back. Most likely repetitive music will be played while the people come in for the service. A repetitive beat, ideally ranging from 45 to 72 beats per minute (a rhythm close to the beat of the human heart), is very hypnotic and can generate an eyes-open altered state of consciousness in a very high percentage of people. And, once you are in an alpha state, you are at least 25 times as suggestible as you would be in full beta consciousness. The music is probably the same for every service, or incorporates the same beat, and many of the people will go into an altered state almost immediately upon entering the sanctuary. Subconsciously, they recall their state of mind from previous services and respond according to the post-hypnotic programming.

Watch the people waiting for the service to begin. Many will exhibit external signs of trance--body relaxation and slightly dilated eyes. Often, they begin swaying back and forth with their hands in the air while sitting in their chairs. Next, the assistant pastor will probably come out. He usually speaks with a pretty good "voice roll."
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
The "Voice Roll" Technique
A "voice roll" is a patterned, paced style used by hypnotists when inducing a trance. It is also used by many lawyers, several of whom are highly trained hypnotists, when they desire to entrench a point firmly in the minds of the jurors. A voice roll can sound as if the speaker were talking to the beat of a metronome or it may sound as though he were emphasizing every word in a monotonous, patterned style. The words will usually be delivered at the rate of 45 to 60 beats per minute, maximizing the hypnotic effect.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2009
The Build-up Process: Inducing Altered States
Now the assistant pastor begins the "build-up" process. He induces an altered state of consciousness and/or begins to generate the excitement and the expectations of the audience. Next, a group of young women in "sweet and pure" chiffon dresses might come out to sing a song. Gospel songs are great for building excitement and involvement. In the middle of the song, one of the girls might be "smitten by the spirit" and fall down or react as if possessed by the Holy Spirit. This very effectively increases the intensity in the room. At this point, hypnosis and conversion tactics are being mixed. And the result is the audience's attention span is now totally focused upon the communication while the environment becomes more exciting or tense.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2009
Assured Continuation: Fleecing the Flock
Right about this time, when an eyes-open mass-induced alpha mental state has been achieved, they will usually pass the collection plate or basket. In the background, a 45-beat-per-minute voice roll from the assistant preacher might exhort, "Give to God, Give to God, Give to God, " And the audience does give. God may not get the money, but his already-wealthy representative will.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2009
Bonding by Fear and Suggestion
Next, the fire-and-brimstone preacher will come out. He induces fear and increases the tension by talking about "the devil," "going to hell," or the forthcoming Armegeddon.

In the last such rally I attended, the preacher talked about the blood that would soon be running out of every faucet in the land. He was also obsessed with a "bloody axe of God," which everyone had seen hanging above the pulpit the previous week. I have no doubt that everyone saw it--the power of suggestion given to hundreds of people in hypnosis assures that at least 10 to 25 percent would see whatever he suggested they see.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
Testimony: Creating Community Spirit
In most revivalist gatherings, "testifying" or "witnessing" usually follows the fear-based sermon. People from the audience come up on stage and relate their stories. "I was crippled and now I can walk!" "I had arthritis and now it's gone!" It is a psychological manipulation that works. After listening to numerous case histories of miraculous healings, the average guy in the audience with a minor problem is sure he can be healed. The room is charged with fear, guilt, intense excitement, and expectations.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
Miracles
Now those who want to be healed are frequently lined up around the edge of the room, or they are told to come down to the front. The preacher might touch them on the head firmly and scream, "Be healed!" This releases the psychic energy and, for many, catharsis results. Catharsis is a purging of repressed emotions. Individuals might cry, fall down or even go into spasms. And if catharsis is effected, they stand a chance of being healed. In catharsis (one of the three brain phases mentioned earlier), the brain-slate is temporarily wiped clean and the new suggestion is accepted.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2009
For some, the healing may be permanent. For many, it will last four days to a week, which is, incidentally, how long a hypnotic suggestion given to a somnambulistic subject will usually last. Even if the healing doesn't last, if they come back every week, the power of suggestion may continually override the problem, or sometimes, sadly, it can mask a physical problem which could prove to be very detrimental to the individual in the long run.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2009
The Grey Area of Legitimacy
I'm not saying that legitimate healings do not take place. They do. Maybe the individual was ready to let go of the negativity that caused the problem in the first place; maybe it was the work of God. Yet I contend that it can be explained with existing knowledge of brain/mind function.

A Game in Which the Rules Keep Changing
The techniques and staging will vary from church to church. Many use "speaking in tongues" to generate catharsis in some while the spectacle creates intense excitement in the observers.

The use of hypnotic techniques by religions is sophisticated, and professionals are assuring that they become even more effective. A man in Los Angeles is designing, building, and reworking a lot of churches around the country. He tells ministers what they need and how to use it. This man's track record indicates that the congregation and the monetary income will double if the minister follows his instructions. He admits that about 80 percent of his efforts are in the sound system and lighting.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2009
Powerful sound and the proper use of lighting are of primary importance in inducing an altered state of consciousnes--I've been using them for years in my own seminars. However, my participants are fully aware of the process and what they can expect as a result of their participation.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2009
If you want to read more, the link is

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/fundamentalistbrainwashing06jun05.shtml

I am searching for the truth and the living God, I believe thy Lord Jesus Christ will show me the light,
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2009
omo sexy:

I was trying to be born again

No wonder . . . you dont "try" to be born again. Its not a man-made goal that you can achieve by yourself. But by all means keep looking in the wrong places.

You wish to be "born again" and you went to google rather than the bible? grin Pls tell us your real mission.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by 3kings: 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
@david
thanks for replying h/her, its the bible not some men for even the bible says that there will be imposters. so poster read bible not what men are trying to do for salvation.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by noetic2: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2009
omo sexy:

I was trying to be born again, so i googled born again and this site came up among other, this is some of the techniques used by our modern churches to brain wash us all, pls read carefully, and link will be given at the end. Educate yourself now before it's too late.

How Revivalist Preachers Work
If you'd like to see a revivalist preacher at work, there are probably several in your city. Go to the church or tent early and sit in the rear, about three-quarters of the way back. Most likely repetitive music will be played while the people come in for the service. A repetitive beat, ideally ranging from 45 to 72 beats per minute (a rhythm close to the beat of the human heart), is very hypnotic and can generate an eyes-open altered state of consciousness in a very high percentage of people. And, once you are in an alpha state, you are at least 25 times as suggestible as you would be in full beta consciousness. The music is probably the same for every service, or incorporates the same beat, and many of the people will go into an altered state almost immediately upon entering the sanctuary. Subconsciously, they recall their state of mind from previous services and respond according to the post-hypnotic programming.

Watch the people waiting for the service to begin. Many will exhibit external signs of trance--body relaxation and slightly dilated eyes. Often, they begin swaying back and forth with their hands in the air while sitting in their chairs. Next, the assistant pastor will probably come out. He usually speaks with a pretty good "voice roll."

Whats the meaning of all these baseless RANTS?

isnt it RIDICULOUS that u are attempting to muddle assumptions with other "notions". Grow up.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Tudor6(f): 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
Why are you all itchy?
Isn't the article true?. . .whether admit it or not some pastors do actually use those tricks written above to swindle their congregation.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by noetic2: 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2009
Tudór:

Why are you all itchy?
Isn't the article true?. . .whether admit it or not some pastors do actually use those tricks written above to swindle their congregation.

EVIDENCE?
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by gen2genius(m): 12:04am On Jul 06, 2009
She was "trying to be born again" and therefore consulted "Pastor Google" to pray for her

Wonders shall never end. grin grin grin
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by tpiah: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2009
omo sexy:

I was trying to be born again, so i googled born again

heh.

btw are you really what you called yourself on another thread?

If that's so, dont just google- head for a nearby church.

You can also talk to God directly.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Okijajuju1(m): 12:56am On Jul 06, 2009
Look at them christians!! Y'all never cease to amaze me!!
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Lennox13(m): 8:37am On Jul 06, 2009
Some of your guys on this forum are just clueless, the lady said she wanted to be born again and to seek the truth, does it means you should crucify her?? Instead of you so called men of God to preach to her and explain things, you just jumped and started making conclusions and scare the poor girl/lady/woman away.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Tudor6(f): 9:50am On Jul 06, 2009
Quote from: noetic
EVIDENCE?
Are you kidding me? ??
Go to nigerian churches and you'll get all the evidence you need.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by jagunlabi(m): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2009
Very very informative thread.Thank you,omosexy.You can see why christians would get edgy about these infos.It is not comfortable to be exposed. grin
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by agabaI23(m): 11:34am On Jul 06, 2009
You know a friend told me something similar to the so called musical hypnotism.

In his case he said it had been proven that sound of certain pitch could cause hypnotism and it was experimented in Africa. He was saying that the reason people fall or get 'disoriented' in church services is the loud noise of prayer which i told him is not always the case. People fall even in the absence of noise.

I believe in science so i did not argue with him but I told him, it is possible.

I kept thinking and remembered that there is no church with noise more than that one gets in a club, concerts or gigs. When the audience sing along in frenzy, they create similar atmosphere you get in churches in terms of noise but no one falls or speaks in tongue there . . .lol

In the first post here, they are talking about repetitive notes. Does it mean that the musicians that composedthe musics all have in mind to hypnotize? So they pick their notes to achieve such purpose? Some of the Church musics are even fashioned out of circulars tones with change of lyrics.
I guess this hypothesis will not withstand rugged scrutiny.

I do not say that there are no fake pastors. Do not forget that there will have to be an original before talking about fake.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
tpiah:

heh.

btw are you really what you called yourself on another thread?

If that's so, dont just google- head for a nearby church.

You can also talk to God directly.

Thanks for your concern, i googled Born Again to see what it means and not what people say it means, I go to church now and i pray a lot for Jehovah to show me the way and directions,

Yes i was a sinner and i have asked for God's forgiveness, so what's your problem, Are you trying to judge me?

Anyway guys, i like to seek the truth and reveal it, if it annoys you guys, so be it, cos truth is better. So get a life,

We are here to share our experiences and educate each other, we are not here to fight or to judge one another.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

Very very informative thread.Thank you,omosexy.You can see why christians would get edgy about these infos.It is not comfortable to be exposed. grin

You are welcome bro
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by omosexy2(f): 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2009
davidylan:

No wonder . . . you dont "try" to be born again. Its not a man-made goal that you can achieve by yourself. But by all means keep looking in the wrong places.

You wish to be "born again" and you went to google rather than the bible? grin Pls tell us your real mission.

I read the bible and pray a lot now, is there anything wrong in doing a research?? Or don't you wanna know the truth? I am not the type of person that just seat and let people spoon feed me with crap and follow what people say, i search the truth for my self so that i can challenge anybody if i don't feel comfortable with wat they are doin,
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by noetic2: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
omo sexy:

I read the bible and pray a lot now, is there anything wrong in doing a research?? Or don't you wanna know the truth? I am not the type of person that just seat and let people spoon feed me with crap and follow what people say, i search the truth for my self so that i can challenge anybody if i don't feel comfortable with wat they are doin,

Whats the truth? Another illiterate rant.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by fyneguy: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2009
lol

omosexy, you must have read in your bible '''thou shall seek the truth in google and the google truth shall set you free''

On a serious note, study your bible and go to a bible-studying church to build you up in faith.

Take care sister.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2009
omo sexy:

Thanks for your concern, i googled Born Again to see what it means and not what people say it means, I go to church now and i pray a lot for Jehovah to show me the way and directions,

Yes i was a sinner and i have asked for God's forgiveness, so what's your problem, Are you trying to judge me?

Anyway guys, i like to seek the truth and reveal it, if it annoys you guys, so be it, cos truth is better. So get a life,

We are here to share our experiences and educate each other, we are not here to fight or to judge one another.

this is really funny. You wanted to know what "born again" meant and NOT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY IT MEANT and you went to google? grin cheesy Can anyone be more dishonest and deluded? Did google invent the term "born again"? Is google not essentially WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO SAY?

Why have you not consulted the bible to genuinely see what it means to be born again? John 1 is an excellent place to start.

but i suppose since you're not really searching for knowledge you're better off staying with google.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2009
omo sexy:

You're not being sincere. True repentance is not found on google.

omo sexy:

Dont get way over your head . . . your post does not "annoy" us, merely exposes the hypocrisy of those who will do or say any untruth just to get a dig at christianity. I dont see any "truth" in what you said. Like a pastor said on a podcast i was listening to last nigh . . . truth doesnt depend on what the majority has to say.

omo sexy:

Through google? A serious christian would be digging into his bible right about now . . . you dont sound like one and that isnt judgement at all.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by jagunlabi(m): 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2009
Pooh!Is what is written in the bible not WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANTED TO SAY?
You shoot down google on exactly the same grounds that you exalt an archaic book.Is that not religious bias and prejudice?Or you want to tell me you don't use google to find infos on religious stuffs,yourself. cool
davidylan:

this is really funny. You wanted to know what "born again" meant and NOT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY IT MEANT and you went to google? grin cheesy Can anyone be more dishonest and deluded? Did google invent the term "born again"? Is google not essentially WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANT TO SAY?

Why have you not consulted the bible to genuinely see what it means to be born again? John 1 is an excellent place to start.

but i suppose since you're not really searching for knowledge you're better off staying with google.
Re: Born Again Brainwashing Techniques: Must Read: by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2009
jagunlabi:

Pooh! Is what is written in the bible WHAT OTHER PEOPLE WANTED TO SAY?
You shoot down google on exactly the same grounds that you exalt an archaic book.Is that not religious bias and prejudice?Or you want to tell me you don't use google to find infos on religious stuffs,yourself. cool

You're just hyperventilating with nothing serious to say.

1. The bible is God's word . . . that you deny this doesnt make a difference as far as i'm concerned so you're basically wasting your time.

2. If the bible is an archaic book i wonder why you're FREQUENTING threads talking about it. Have you nothing better to do?

3. Your biology textbook or Car manual is WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY . . . do you throw them away in favor of google then?

Urgh i forgot i was talking to an irrational atheist who has one standard for others and another for the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today / Help! I Now Have Zero Interest In Religious Activites / Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.