Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? (14396 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Melchizzedek: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

Pastors in the house, please help me do justice to this questions!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2018
Firstly, You Have to Be Sincere to GOD about your Request ... don't ask GOD for his Choice when you Already have your Choice...

Secondly, Depend on GOD fully.. let him understand that you cannot marry Except you hear from HIM..

Thirdly, Create an atmosphere to hear from GOD.. i.e
Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Lastly, Relax, Be paitent... don't be in a rush to hear .. if not you will hear different voices

I Assure you, Even if your GOD Ordained Partner is in Russia, GOD Would connect you both...

I say This From My Personal Experience

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2018
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Melchizzedek: 9:00pm On Oct 04, 2018
Righteousness89:
Firstly, You Have to Be Sincere to GOD about your Request ... don't ask GOD for his Choice when you Already have your Choice...

Secondly, Depend on GOD fully.. let him understand that you cannot marry Except you hear from HIM..

Thirdly,be Create an atmosphere to hear from GOD.. i.e
Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Lastly, Relax, Be paitent... don't be in a rush to hear .. if not you will hear different voices

I Assure you, Even if your GOD Ordained Partner is in Russia, GOD Would connect you both...

can someone go on a marathon prayer and fasting for this course? Is there a consequence 4 taking up a spouse(born again) without hearing from GOD first?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Melchizzedek: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2018
DavidEsq:
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.
thanks 4 ur contribution sir! Are u a JW?
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
Melchizzedek:
thanks 4 ur contribution sir! Are u a JW?
Yes, pls.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Melchizzedek: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
DavidEsq:
Yes, pls.
Alright sir. Thank u
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by chiommy123(f): 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
You need to involve God cos some people in church are there for something else its still God that will direct you to the right person. Some believed God doesn't speak to us directly but thru the scriptures others believe he does. If he's an unbeliever you know you should not be equally yoked but if he's a faithful Christian you know you should give him a chance but where two faithful Christians are asking for your hand in marriage you really need Gods guidance ( may be revealations in dream, etc )to chose the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Righteousness89(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2018
Melchizzedek:
can someone go on a marathon prayer and fasting for this course? Is there a consequence 4 taking up a spouse(born again) without hearing from GOD first?
If your Conscience Judges u then don't go without hearing from GOD..

The Benefits of the Wife GOD gives you far out weighs the one you select yourself...

Of course u can pray and fast...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Melchizzedek: 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2018
Righteousness89:
If your Conscience Judges u then don't go without hearing from GOD..

The Benefits of the Wife GOD gives you far out weighs the one you select yourself...

Of course u can pray and fast...
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 2:12am On Oct 06, 2018
Melchizzedek:
I'm really bordered about this subject matter. Is it that it is only in this part of the world that this type of thing is practiced? Do white christians also do these? I read in the Bible that one who finds a wife as found a good thing. Is it that to find a wife you must ask from God even if the fellow u intend to marry is a born again christian? How can someone hear from GOD that the fellow u intend to marry is your true spouse?

The white do it but they are few in number

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by peteruuu(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2019
Melchizzedek:

https://churchages.net/en/sermon/branham/65-0221M-marriage-and-divorce

https://churchages.net/en/sermon/branham/65-0429E-choosing-of-a-Bride

Carefully read and study those sermons sir. It'll be of great help to you.

I'm always available for questions. God bless you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 20, 2019
Melchizzedek:

It's a metaphor. You should simply not allow the puna deceive you. Ask yourself what she's bringing to the table, the answer is the voice of God.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 12:04am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:
Yes, there are consequences for picking a spouse for yourself. The reason is, we are created to compliment each other, and our missions/visions/assignments on earth must align (be interwoven) to create a conducive atmosphere to fulfil them.

Brethren may be believers but have so different assignments that their union together will always clash. Yes, they are born again, but are going towards different directions, so are incompatible for each other. This is why you seek God's direction on how to locate your spouse. And, like someone said, whether they are in Russia, Jesus will connect you guys.

Do not make a choice and ask Jesus to approve it, that is exactly as saying the Lord shd do your will instead of His.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:

God doesn't interfer in marriages.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by ednut1(m): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2019
No such thing. Ask these guys below. Shebi they were born again

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by peteruuu(m): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2019
PrecisionFx:

God doesn't interfer in marriages.
Really? Can you prove your point sir?

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by larj(m): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2019
Use to get confused with this question till I got my answer. There are two extremes to this question. Some will say God doesn't speak to us, the opposite end will say it's God that chooses a spouse for you. Neither is totally wrong, nor completely correct. God indeed speaks to us in every aspect. Even as far as mundane things, but not everyone will hear from God about their spouse before marrying, and some they will. You just have to know where you fall. Some people could like someone, have a peace of mind about them and go on ahead to marry and God will bless the marriage. For others they'll never have peace to go on ahead to marry without a confirmation (especially for people going into ministry). Also God will never force you to choose a spouse and He'll never lead you to someone you don't/ cannot love or accept. You should know how God speaks to you. For some it's just a prompting in their spirit and soul and they could tell it's not their voice. Others visions, some dreams. It's how God speaks to you in your daily living that he'll talk to you about your spouse. If you don't see visions before you'll not see one when you want to pick a spouse. Know which place you fall. Focus on hearing God in your everyday life. When the spouse comes you'll be able to see or know. Remember marriage is a Marathon not a sprint race . Marrying the right person doesn't still guarantee a happy home, it's only a first step. You'll still need to build what you want your home to be.Shalom.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by HappyPagan: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2019
Masturbate..... The Holy Spirit will come upon you and you will receive wisdom.. The last babe that flashes in your mind before the rapture... Thats the one..

PS: Holy masturbation BTW. Use anointing oil - preferably not your mama's.

6 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:

Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Bring bible proof to support ur claim
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Apr 21, 2019
Melchizzedek:

If you are waiting for a whisper, it would never come...... So many born agains are worse than the devil himself......

3 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Acedave1(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2019
does GOD speak yoruba igbo or hausa

5 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by tunjijones(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2019
Righteousness89:

Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 21, 2019
peteruuu:

Really? Can you prove your point sir?

This scenario the thread starter is asking for here does not exist in the bible.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Ferdinandu(m): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2019
God does not call you the way he calls Samuel and tell you this is your life partner . Pick the person you feel it is right for you then give out time for courtship. During those period of courtship is the time you will continuously pray to God that if the person is not the right person for you he should reveal a reason why it cannot be. I tell you if you are really faithful to God, it is either a reason will materialise or nothing may happen then you go ahead and get married for God has already blessed your union for seeking his face.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Denikayan: 7:56am On Apr 21, 2019
Hear from God grin grin grin

People need mental evaluation!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Lexusgs430: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2019
Acedave1:
does GOD speak yoruba igbo or hausa

E be like say nah pidgin....... grin

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by hopefulLandlord: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2019
HappyPagan:
Masturbate..... The Holy Spirit will come upon you and you will receive wisdom.. The last babe that flashes in your mind before the rapture... Thats the one..

PS: Holy masturbation BTW. Use anointing oil - preferably not your mama's.
can confirm

2 Likes

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by HappyPagan: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
can confirm
Cumfirmed.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by etrouble: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2019
Ask Chris Okotie. He heard twice from his "god" and now he has divorced twice. Ask Oyakhilome too, the voice he heard some years back has denied him, now he is sleeping with every girl in his so called church after his "holy spirit" chosen wife abandoned him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2019
ednut1:
No such thing. Ask these guys below. Shebi they were born again

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Have So Many Churches In Nigeria? / Why Do So Many Nigerians Dislike Rich Pastors? / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.