Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Ecobank - Stuck Fund, Need Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank - Stuck Fund, Need Help (474 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank - Stuck Fund, Need Help by RPDA: 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
A friend lost her mom late last year. Before her mom died, she tried to open an account with ecobank. She gave one of the staff(name witheld) 35k with her details - She is a trader with little or no education. The bank needed a means of Verification(Nepa bill) but it was rejected by one of the bank staff that a recent Nepa bill should be tendered before she could have an account with them. Few days after, she died without getting back to them in the bank.

After burial, a close friend of her mom brought the ecobank teller to the house with the said amount 35k in her name.
She went to the bank to make enquiries and was made to understand that the money was with them for close to 4days to a week before it was finally deposited into a new account

My question here is?

Can a bank carry out transaction(s)/open an account on behalf of customers without these necessary papers which includes the means of Verification without the customer consent?

How can one lay claim to the money without going through stress, because she complained bitterly of how they keep sending her to and fro ikeja high Court to get documents as next of kin before she could access the fund. The money for documents is higher than what is in the acct..

Na skool fees she wan use am pay.... Ejo ooo

Lalastica...
Re: Ecobank - Stuck Fund, Need Help by AdaAnambra: 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Na wa o. I think you should send them an email on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com or Ombudsman@ecobank.com. You can also call them on 0700 500 0000. Am sure they will resolve this.

(1) (Reply)

Managing Employees Performance The Right Way / I Need A Device That Can Increase Mobile Phone Network In My Compound. / Order Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.