Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,657 members, 7,955,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues (950 Views)

How To Solve HP Laptop Battery Issues / HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help / Is Simple Server Simple Still Working With Mtn Bb10 Midi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by Eze2000(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
I use the Mtn simple server and it rocks mostly at night and weekends. I use windows defender on windows 8.1 system with just 3 hrs of battery.
Windows is no much good as an antivirus, I know, but which would you, my pals, call good for our simple server system. Defender has no live scanning meaning it tend to let d virus in first before it alerts you to clean.
Before this windows defender I used Norton internet security and it gave my system a battery life span of 5 hrs but it after my October upgrade it blocked simple server totally so I had to remove it and manage the defender with of course meant 3 hrs battery life span only.
With the modern computerised world producing virus at a rate of 12 new viruses a day, it is not wise for us to be unprotected online at least to a 90% degree. An with NEPA in this country ripping us off in the name of constant power failure we need to be mindful of the effects of these powerful Antivirus softwares on our systems.

So friends, do share your experiences and let's all learn from each other.
Re: Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by hollyfat(m): 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
I reload my pc september 2015 and i've been using simple server almost everyday since then. Mind you, i don't install any anti virus
Re: Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by Eze2000(m): 7:38pm On Feb 12, 2016
hollyfat:
I reload my pc september 2015 and i've been using simple server almost everyday since then. Mind you, i don't install any anti virus

Oh, man. the day odinga virus will catch or this terrible 'backdoor' Trojan that's popular in cafes (one malware hit me when I went to design book cover at a cafe...the transfered the lovely image to my laptop and the windows defender was all over the place with alarms before I figured thing my hard drive was like 'BOOM!!!)
Re: Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by hollyfat(m): 8:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
Eze2000:

Oh, man. the day odinga virus will catch or this terrible 'backdoor' Trojan that's popular in cafes (one malware hit me when I went to design book cover at a cafe...the transfered the lovely image to my laptop and the windows defender was all over the place with alarms before I figured thing my hard drive was like 'BOOM!!!)

It can't happen, i'm very vigillant
Re: Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by YungDee06: 12:28am On Feb 13, 2016
In as much as your business or profession is genuine then it is worthy of promotion (free/paid). Promotion of Business or Profession is not free on most platforms but only one platform offers free business promotion (using videos or pictures).
1. You can upload Videos promoting your business or profession (as many as possible)
2. You can upload Pictures promoting your business or profession (as many as possible)

Visit www.biizmart.com and start up!
See www.biizmart.com/getting-started to get started!
Re: Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues by zeanslim(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2016
Eze2000:

white list your simple server, in your antivirus

(1) (Reply)

Office Space Needed / Choosing Between A Laptop Or Tablet / Yahoo Mail Scanning Exposes Another US Spy Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.