Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help (1401 Views)

NYSC Reg: Fingerprints Scanner Issues, Please Help / How To Solve HP Laptop Battery Issues / Simple Server User Come In Here Lets Talk Antivirus And Battery Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by Nobody: 9:46am On May 05, 2016
Hi Guys,
I use a HP Pavilion 15 laptop, I've used it for a little over one year now.
A couple of days ago, I got to the office and discovered that the battery was not charging, I had used it the previous night with no problems, hibernated it when the battery was at 15%.
To confirm that the problem was with the battery, I put in another person's battery in the laptop and it worked.

Now my question is; do laptop batteries just die like that? without any power surge, no signs of decline, no warning? just one night everything is hunky-dory and the next morning, dead!

Next question is; what can I do to get my battery working? I have been researching and keep seeing topics about jumpstarting a laptop battery (however mine is Lithium, which is apparently very dangerous to jump-start). I am not opposed to buying a new battery but I want to be absolutely sure that I have exhausted all my options and I also want to understand what happened to my battery.

My third question is; In case all else fails, where can I buy an original hp battery? this model of laptop is quite new and I doubt that fairly used versions and parts would be easy to find. Also, I don't want to end up buying some inferior chinese battery that would give me only 30 minutes of use when disconnected from a power source.

Tech geniuses in the house please help!! Thanks
Re: HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by rottennaija(m): 10:12am On May 05, 2016
bestestgirl:
Hi Guys,
I use a HP Pavilion 15 laptop, I've used it for a little over one year now.
A couple of days ago, I got to the office and discovered that the battery was not charging, I had used it the previous night with no problems, hibernated it when the battery was at 15%.
To confirm that the problem was with the battery, I put in another person's battery in the laptop and it worked.

Now my question is; do laptop batteries just die like that? without any power surge, no signs of decline, no warning? just one night everything is hunky-dory and the next morning, dead!

Next question is; what can I do to get my battery working? I have been researching and keep seeing topics about jumpstarting a laptop battery (however mine is Lithium, which is apparently very dangerous to jump-start). I am not opposed to buying a new battery but I want to be absolutely sure that I have exhausted all my options and I also want to understand what happened to my battery.

My third question is; In case all else fails, where can I buy an original hp battery? this model of laptop is quite new and I doubt that fairly used versions and parts would be easy to find. Also, I don't want to end up buying some inferior chinese battery that would give me only 30 minutes of use when disconnected from a power source.

Tech geniuses in the house please help!! Thanks

I think the best thing will be to try researching battery issues with your model of laptop. That is just one reason I avoid hp laptops.

Try finding out more about battery issues with your particular model of laptop
Re: HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by Nobody: 10:13am On May 05, 2016
rottennaija:

I think the best thing will be to try researching battery issues with your model of laptop. That is just one reason I avoid hp laptops.

Try finding out more about battery issues with your particular model of laptop
Thanks I'll try that now
Re: HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by drexel39(m): 6:39pm On May 05, 2016
Pls try and another charger instead,u charger might be the problem,i ve seen cases wher chargers stop charging battery but the same charger can stil be use to power the laptop and run it.
Re: HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by udemzyudex(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2016
That's one of the problem with hp 15 laptops, I dislike the laptop ehn , ba3 and board issues.

Imagine a lappy that doesn't come with fan, my advice is get a new ba3 cos there is nothing you can do about it, it select ba3 so take your laptop with you.

Price is #10 above
Re: HP Pavilion 15 Laptop Battery Issues, Please Help by dxdiag(m): 4:42pm On May 07, 2016
Use another comparable hp charger if u can lay ur hand on one bt if the problem persist, I wud advice u get a new battery.
Hp pavillion parts re available if you knw the right place to go. just dat they re more costlier than ordinary hp laptop parts.
I ve 1 hp pavillion G6 2200 series with fan problem too.

(1) (Reply)

HP Compaq 6730s In Top Condition / How To Remove Shortcut Virus From USB Drives & PC / Clean Uk Used Hp Spectre X360 Core I7, 8gb Ram, 256ssd For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.