Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

On Your Marks, Get Set, RACE!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / On Your Marks, Get Set, RACE!!! (541 Views)

Death Race: A Flash Story Written By Ajibola Salami. / Bill Gate And Mark Zuckerberg – Rules Of Question Marks And Full Stop / How To Use Quotation Marks (1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Your Marks, Get Set, RACE!!! by Dinocarex(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
I will try, as much as possible, not to sound as a preacher. In life, we have different races, different struggles and different purposes as individuals. I have come to notice a part of our lives, our inner mind that subconsciously measures our race, struggles, goals and purpose with someone else's.

We sometimes ask after someone, not with the intent to really know how they are doing but to measure them on the scale of ‘worthiness’ we have built for ourselves about life.

A social experiment I conducted was with fresh job seekers. I told them to notice the first question they are being asked after telling another they just secured an employment. About two third of the respondents told me, they were being asked how much the salary is. That got me thinking whether they really cared enough to know or just to rate them with their own income.

As soon as you tell them, they calculate how much will be spent on food, clothes, transport etc for you in their minds. Oh yeah, they have calculated your monthly gains/savings as well.

We run different races, even though, we might be running on the same space, but there are different grace upon as all. This reminds me of the story of a young beautiful bread seller turn model that I read of. Olajumoke Orisaguna woke up that day as usual, went to the bakery to collect her bread but never knew that that was the day Mother Luck will smile on her.

Let me ask a few questions before I proceed. Was that the first time she was hawking her bread, plying that same road? Why was she at the spot at the same time? Why didn’t Ty Bello just overlook her and discard the picture and see her as just a normal photo bomber? Like, I said earlier, I wouldn’t want to be a preacher, but that, to me, is an example of Grace.

Olajumoke as we all know is longer a bread seller, she just signed a deal with a professional modelling company. She has been featured on the front cover of style magazine and as at the time of typing this, she is set to be interviewed on CNN.

On a final note, never compare your struggle with anyone. Stay true to yourself. Be diligent in whatever things your hands finds to do and believe in the G-factor. Depending, on your religious belief, permit me to call the G-factor, the GOD factor. It turns man’s race into Grace, every time.

Warm Regards
http://www.dinocares.

(1) (Reply)

Renegade / Agony Of A Lover Boy / When Darkness Thought It Is In Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.