Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering (24639 Views)

Naira Hits N495/dollar As Forex Scarcity Lingers / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity / Emefiele: Forex Scarcity Bringing Out The Best In Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Iroh88:
Just to cover the electronic trail of the fraud... Can Baba really defeat this cancerous monster??

Obiagelli, are you seeing this??

I weep for my country.

Someone tell me, why can't the Nigerian secret police go under cover to pose as businessmen and bust those behind this crime?? The victims are businessmen and would rather pay the "bribe", get their forex and move on to do their business than report to the authorities.

What has the DSS been doing sef??

When pmb said we have high criminal tendencies, wailers were jumping up and down.
I think the cbn governor needs to be fired, they are supposed to monitor this activities and report to the security agencies

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by unite4real: 4:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
This fraud will continue until CBN is visited by EFCC
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Saved2Serve: 4:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
i think he released it too early... na now the whole country scatter
laurel03:
Eedris should go and remix that song "Nigeria Jagajaga, everything scatter scatter"

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by grandstar(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
sholatech:
This is why Emir Sanusi told Buhari he is encouraging corruption by refusing to Devalue the Naira!

So true

1,000,000,000 likes

3 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Dikechigozie: 4:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
The financial and economic policies of this administration is standing on its head.
No sound, clear, and articulated policy inview without covert consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Lanrelorry: 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
GTB is a great culprit in this area.. I had a very annoying experience using my Naira MasterCard for an online transaction.. I don't know how long this will continue but this is killing entrepreneurs!!
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by grandstar(m): 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
ijustdey:

these banks are so corrupt

if the don't do forex fraud/racketeering......
they will be aiding ghost workers Fraudster...
or they would actively participate in money laundering
even they will engage in some illegal deduction

why are this people trying to find loopholes in any government programs to defraud the citizens and businesses

Buhari and his bankrupt policies are to blame.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by ngoziama: 4:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
dre11:

Very very true and all because of some stupid policies. Emefiele is a banker and not an economist.he is also protecting the banking sector because all these racketeering has been their lifestyle.
Buhari is not helping matters and I must admit that the earlier buhari is brushed up to align with global best practices on some vital issues the better for the bleeding nigeria otherwise it will be catastrophic for this country called nigeria.

www.punchng.com/forex-scarcity-banks-in-multi-million-dollar-racketeering/

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by ngoziama: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
Saved2Serve:
i think he released it too early... na now the whole country scatter

Supporteddddddddd ohhhhh.
Its high time we imported brains for these so called leaders. Habaaaaa change

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by ngoziama: 4:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obiagelli:

When pmb said we have high criminal tendencies, wailers were jumping up and down.
I think the cbn governor needs to be fired, they are supposed to monitor this activities and report to the security agencies

Where is SOLUDO
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by excellentmomma(f): 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
youngalex:
I blame CBN for creating the loopholes capitalized on by commercial banks,Henceforth Banks should on a monthly basis forward the list of Companies that applied for letters of Credit,with their mail addresses...If the commercial banks are issued dollars CBN will personally notify those on crucial import list,when they are notified that their letters of credit,forex transfers etc has been approved by CBN they can proceed to assess forex,Giving the Banks Money without a proper follow-up on the way it is utilized is inefficiency on their part and a catalyst to unwholesome practices....CBN is the cause of this financial crisis

The CBN gov himself is involved with the racketeering, and benefitting using his cronies, the bank executhieves. Pray tell, why all the anti-people bank policies he has been introducing, bank maintenance fees, atm withdrawal charges etc. Why does he approve the fx to the banks, why not deal with the importers directly thru their banks, an advanced form of the retail Dutch he abolished,

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by ngoziama: 4:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
Obiagelli:

Buhari you need to detribalise your mind and bring in best brains to help you otherwise history will write your name in a black book.

This is qqwhy I respect obj, he has eyes for the best.
Buhari bring soludo ohhh.forget biafra or igbo now .all we want is a better nigeria and if that is what you want then do the needful.Dont allow hungry nigerians to fast and pray for you.if they do honestly it will hunt you down.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
Iroh88:
Just to cover the electronic trail of the fraud... Can Baba really defeat this cancerous monster??

Obiagelli, are you seeing this??

I weep for my country.

Someone tell me, why can't the Nigerian secret police go under cover to pose as businessmen and bust those behind this crime?? The victims are businessmen and would rather pay the "bribe", get their forex and move on to do their business than report to the authorities.

What has the DSS been doing sef??

Arresting and molesting the opposition!

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by olajizz01(m): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
youngalex:
I blame CBN for creating the loopholes capitalized on by commercial banks,Henceforth Banks should on a monthly basis forward the list of Companies that applied for letters of Credit,with their mail addresses...If the commercial banks are issued dollars CBN will personally notify those on crucial import list,when they are notified that their letters of credit,forex transfers etc has been approved by CBN they can proceed to assess forex,Giving the Banks Money without a proper follow-up on the way it is utilized is inefficiency on their part and a catalyst to unwholesome practices....CBN is the cause of this financial crisis
you proffered very reasonable solution,the CBN shouldn't wait until formal complaint were lodged,they should monitor these fraudulent banks to logical conclusion.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
omolola15:
I bought a software online that cost 9.9 USD. Hours later first Bank gave me alert of 3,385.08 naira. That means I was charged around 341 naira per USD. The thing vex me but nothing I fit do. I just keep praying we get out of this mess as soon as possible.

You bought a software while there is something called TORRENT!!! undecided
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Melkizedek(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
hustla:
Nigeria won't change till there are consequences, serious ones for corruption and things like this
We need the death penalty badly before Nigeria can be good again
Stories that touch. You guys have been burning thieves on the street for decades, has that stopped theft?
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Parcks(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
It's so painful that a policy that was put in place to protect our very own naira is now being exploited by financial scoundrels. I must say that the buck stop right at CBN's door. Why, for heaven sake will you sell 'limited dollars' to the banks without bothering to know how it is being used. I sense emefiele and his cohorts are principal suspects in this mess. They need to be investigated ASAP! EFCC, over to you.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by truthspeaks: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nothin will hapn. By nw u shld our laws n policies favor d elite n thr z nothin govt can do abt it. Not even d ever-travelling buhari n his confused govt. Havnt u noticed dat even d Cbn z confused.
hyperflex:
We need to start shooting some policy makers in this country. Once again suffering the masses n giving the elite power. Abi who else r these banks getting money from

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by pastormellanby: 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
If the problems had been resolved from the onset the loop holes will not be there, if you continue to import without producing then naira will continue to fall, if you like critize the present government for the fall in naira and also fall in oil prices from morning till night the economy will remain the same, people are looking for magicians to correct the wrongs of many years, you are on your own

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by blackpanda: 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
INTROVERT:
Everything said here is very true.. Especially those bank boys that work with forex and FT department and their ogas. I can't say more coz Il just implicate people close to me.

This is the main problem with nigeria. You complain in silence, you want justice just as long as its favourable to you and your relations. Smh. Well, enjoy the pains then!

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by omolola15(m): 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
prince3009:

You bought a software while there is something called TORRENT!!! undecided

Believe me if there's a torrent for it I wouldn't have bought it. Me wey I be master of cheat, i don't waste my money like that. Sorry I didn't buy the software. I subscribed. And i really really need it.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by blackpanda: 4:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Melkizedek:

Stories that touch. You guys have been burning thieves on the street for decades, has that stopped theft?

Which decades When u had a president that said stealing isnt corruption? Puhleeeeese!
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2016
ngoziama:

Where is SOLUDO
I belive he is around
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by masseratti: 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Devaluation is not the answer but total cancellation of official rates,let the cbn stop selling dollars to the banks totalling,let the naira be priced on a level playing field,the official rate of the naira is the same thing with fuel subsidy,its doing.more damage than good to the ecomomy.we can hold our foreign reserve in dollars but do all business in Naira,Banks should source for dollars just like everyone does,just because Mr A have a licence of a bank shouldnt mean he should be sold dollars by cbn on different rate than Mr B,this is what the system is right now,once the system.is free and fair Nigerian will start exporting and importation will go down.official devaluation is a fraud,cancellation of the official rate is the only way out.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
omolola15:

Believe me if there's a torrent for it I wouldn't have bought it. Me wey I be master of cheat, i don't waste my money like that. Sorry I didn't buy the software. I subscribed. And i really really need it.

Can u give me details of what it was if you don't mind!
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Jacko1(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2016
This is bad all this banks claim to be built on principles. See me a former firstbanker dem drill us on gud practices but see wat they doing. Because they now know they are only source of forex.... Cbn do something
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by chigoizie7(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
ijustdey:

has devaluation ever helped our economy

I listen to the cable debate about devaluation and I was impressed when all panel of discussant says devaluation at this point in time will not help the economy but the CBN should play its roles in monitoring and giving templates for guidance on how forex is getting to the end user who are the manufacturing companies......

but, the banks and bankers are just frustrating any gains this policies do have

It has not my dear. But when d actions of the banks are not checked, the final consumer pays for it.

If he wants to buy raw materials, and he is cheated, he will simply pass it down to the final consumer. If he wants to but finished products and he is cheated, he will simply pass it down to the final consumer and make more profit. If they want to buy equipment, and they are cheated, the final consumer will suffer it. He certainly can not sell below the cost price or cost of production,

The Govt aim is not being achieved, the poor masses will suffer it.

What is d work of the Govt if they make a rule and not get a task force to make sure the rules stand?
To me, it is incompetency.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Reference(m): 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
INTROVERT:
Everything said here is very true.. Especially those bank boys that work with forex and FT department and their ogas. I can't say more coz Il just implicate people close to me.

When I say structure is the most important thing in Nigeria people say it is corruption. Can we see how poor, bad structure CREATES corruption. See how bad structure destroys what would be ordinary hardworking men and women looking to make a honest living. When Buhari says everybody is corrupt he is right by half a measure. Yes they are but sensible people ask, but what makes them and makes them so liable, vulnerable. Of course, the system they perpetuate, the system a.k.a status quo that selfishly needs to be upheld in the interest of certain people. We are just wasting our time with this so called ' corruption war', playing the same game. Buhari will have to build prisons on every street to contain Nigerians. Mrs. Kemi alluded to 23,000 'ghosts' working for the Feds....just add spiritual prisons with angelic warders to her payroll.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Melkizedek(m): 5:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
blackpanda:

Which decades When u had a president that said stealing isnt corruption? Puhleeeeese!
OK I am guessing you're one of Aisha Rice Eaters Association (AREA) member..for you to pretend not to know that humans have been getting burnt with tires all over Nigeria for decades..from Lagos to Aba..sharia faithfuls in the north have been decapitating thieves for years..instead of clamouring for a stronger institutions and a better bias free constitution you are here agitating for human killing.. Abeg swerve!

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Reference(m): 5:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
sholatech:
This is why Emir Sanusi told Buhari he is encouraging corruption by refusing to Devalue the Naira!

Devaluing the naira is not in their interests...the owners of Nigeria. If he does that they will remove him. The status quo must be maintained, so they will.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by davide470(m): 5:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
INTROVERT:
Very True.

But with this new ban on Overseas school fees by CBN, they have spoilt one side of the lucrative business for "Awon boys".
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nbote(m): 5:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
Na their plan jare. D ban was obviously going to lead to a shortage and banks were always going to capitalise on it. Both the CBN, banks and finance ppl are all in on it. Make dem dey lie for demselves say dem dey lie for us. And some hopeless mofos would still find a way to blame GEJ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landmark Reopens After FG Demolished Beach Front Facilities / Today Is #NoBanking Day! / Demolition Starts In Mpape Market, Abuja (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.