Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering (24422 Views)

Naira Hits N495/dollar As Forex Scarcity Lingers / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity / Emefiele: Forex Scarcity Bringing Out The Best In Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Opoki(m): 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
The former administration empowers them through stealing is not corruption!
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by blazetitov: 9:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
cirmuell:
I won't be surprised if UBA is one of those banks. A very useless bank to say the least. angry

Please name those banks, let know the enemies of Nigeria.

What did UBA do to you?
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by usmanktg2(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
pacespot:
Only a fool will say CBN is not aware of this racketeering by the commercial banks. I won't be surprised to hear that there is certain amount being remitted back to CBN by these banks.

The people who will be at the receiving end are the masses, because the importers will only sell based on the cost of their purchases.

My question is that, if someone earns his dollars through an online business (such as Affiliate Marketing), which exchange rate would his payment be accrued to in Naira. Even if you've specified dollar as your payment currency in your account.

Sadly, You will be paid at N199/$, from Google Play.

1 Like

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by omolola15(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
iamclime:
I ALSO BOUGHT A SOFTWARE ONLINE FOR 19.99 USD AND GTBANK CHARGED ME N5397, THAT'S ABOUT N370 TO A DOLLAR, AND THAT WAS OVER A MONTH AGO! NO BANK IN NIGERIA IS REALLY INTERESTED IN THE CUSTOMER'S WELFARE OR BUSINESS PROGRESS, THEY JUST WANT TO MAKE MONEY BY ANY MEANS POSSIBLE. WE ARE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!

According to experts, devaluation will not help the matter. Yet banks are sabotaging cbn's efforts to stabilize the naira. Sometimes I wonder if some people are Nigerians with the way they behave. They don't give a fvck about this country as long as their pockets keeps smilling. Corruption is not what a president can tackle within four years. Na only new born baby no corrupt for this country.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
omolola15:

Hma vpn.

Does it do what i think it does? FB Cheat or you just use it to encrypt your identity?

Sorry for all these questions bro
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by pretts(f): 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
I totally agree with you...Imagine GTBank publishing that it sold some huge sum as BTA/PTA in the 1st two weeks of February, a bank known to never sell travel allowance even when it was $1 - #170...it's high time CBN starts taking its regulatory responsibilities seriously.
youngalex:
I blame CBN for creating the loopholes capitalized on by commercial banks,Henceforth Banks should on a monthly basis forward the list of Companies that applied for letters of Credit,with their mail addresses...If the commercial banks are issued dollars CBN will personally notify those on crucial import list,when they are notified that their letters of credit,forex transfers etc has been approved by CBN they can proceed to assess forex,Giving the Banks Money without a proper follow-up on the way it is utilized is inefficiency on their part and a catalyst to unwholesome practices....CBN is the cause of this financial crisis
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Sanchase: 12:21am On Feb 14, 2016
CBN is to be blamed but ex-CBN Governors couldn't have changed the current situation due to the large number of politicians who engaged in utilizing BDCs and Banks as a money laundering channel.

CBN governor has a duty of care to ensure the funds allocated to Banks get to end users being an average Nigerian, on the other hand this is an old issue that ex CBN governors have neglected over a long time due to the the way Forex is handled in Nigeria.

For instance, for over a decade the number of BDC outlets has grown from 500 to over 12,000 outlets. The division of power in Nigeria gives any acting CBN governor limited authority over those BDCs, if not for the Intervention of Buhari this time around, Nigeria would have utilized all of its Forex reserve by now.

Now, this issue of Banks hoarding Forex allocation designated for the general public has been ongoing for many years, Banks have been fueling black market with foreign currency for over 20 years.

The current government "said" it encourages whistle-blowing and "fights" corruption, this is the time for the current CBN governor to implement all those principles that seem impossible if he truly know what he is doing. Commercial Banks are running the Black market in this country and black markets have no economic benefit for the Nigerian government.

Personally i feel its best to conduct Forex sales directly to the general public and eliminate all middle men but CBN do not have that capacity yet.

pretts:
I totally agree with you...Imagine GTBank publishing that it sold some huge sum as BTA/PTA in the 1st two weeks of February, a bank known to never sell travel allowance even when it was $1 - #170...it's high time CBN starts taking its regulatory responsibilities seriously.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by repogirl(f): 1:21am On Feb 14, 2016
Boooohari, simply devalue this money and all this rubbish will stop. The longer you don't, the worse it gets and in the end, you will still do it but hopefully not when it's too late.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by flokii: 1:24am On Feb 14, 2016
repogirl:
Boooohari, simply devalue this money and all this rubbish will stop. The longer you don't, the worse it gets and in the end, you will still do it but hopefully not when it's too late.

repo sweet... u're still awake

ow val things go be na
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by repogirl(f): 1:25am On Feb 14, 2016
flokii:

repo sweet... u're still awake

ow val things go be na
lol..... Na me and my boo tinz o. grin

How far your side?
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by flokii: 1:29am On Feb 14, 2016
repogirl:
lol..... Na me and my boo tinz o. grin

How far your side?

just normal chilling..

sleep & mayb ball.. ka sha ma dupe cheesy

abi?
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by repogirl(f): 1:44am On Feb 14, 2016
flokii:

just normal chilling..

sleep & mayb ball.. ka sha ma dupe cheesy

abi?
abi o!

You ball? As in bball? Used to back then, before I had three kids, lol. Miss it.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by flokii: 1:50am On Feb 14, 2016
repogirl:
abi o!

You ball? As in bball? Used to back then, before I had three kids, lol. Miss it.

wooow!.. you have 3 cuties already

so sweet.. infact over-sweet sef (m still trippin cheesy)

football... I watch bball once in a while.. i remember then at d Unilag sports centre
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by vanatus: 5:54am On Feb 14, 2016
baboon ruling over monkeys and monkeys subjected to baboon

Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by 18jesse: 9:35am On Feb 15, 2016
Hi. can i have you contact to explain a better way to manage your Forex account details with the bank.

Optimisticgondy:
I started hating Access bank the day I withdrew part of the profits in my Online Forex account which I funded through their Visa card back then at N220 per Dollar only to be paid @ N199 per dollar. In fact, it pained me to my bone marrows cos I was expecting the rate not to be lesser than N300 per dollar then as I was charged over N300/dollar by same bank when I used it to buy online around that time ; so they chop over N101 on a dollar from my earnings... walahi, e no go better for them all. Na untimely death and sickness go dey collect the money from anyone flexing with my hard earned money among them. Awon ole oloju kokoro
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by 18jesse: 10:39am On Feb 15, 2016
Hi, I think you can also open a dorm account with Access. send your email or number to enable me advise you on your options

Optimisticgondy:
Hmmm..thanks. I have a GTB dom account and will enquire about its Visa card on Monday.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by AdorableB: 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hi Optimisticgondy, let's just hope and pray for a better economy. Things are generally bad these days and trust me, all other Nigerian banks quote the prices at which they buy their funds.
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Optimisticgondy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
AdorableB:
Hi Optimisticgondy, let's just hope and pray for a better economy. Things are generally bad these days and trust me, all other Nigerian banks quote the prices at which they buy their funds.
Thanks AdorableB...it's disheartening
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2016
18jesse:
Hi. can i have you contact to explain a better way to manage your Forex account details with the bank.

Good day. I've sent my contact to you and looking forward to your explanation on how to deal with those Access bank's thieves who "eat" my dollar. Thanks
Re: Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering by ceceliaa34(f): 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2016
To the mini-importers in here, I've got dollars for sale at N248 per dollar. Via Paypal or payment on websites eg eBay, aliexpress, amazon etc. Contact me on WhatsApp 08182417460

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Shopping Online Is Awesome And Why You Should Do It Now / Business Ideas In Nigeria / CALA: An Amazing Bot That Does Amazing Things!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.