Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

The Call To Serve - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Call To Serve (299 Views)

Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist / How To Create Magickal Servitors To Serve You / All Versions Of Oyinbo Christianity Are Designed To Serve The Oyinbos- Not God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Call To Serve by yommyuk: 12:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
When it comes to serving in the church, people rarely volunteer for tasks where they’ll go unnoticed. They usually prefer a position of leadership. There’s nothing wrong with heading a committee or teaching a large class. But God calls us to have a servant’s heart—motivated to live a life that glorifies Him, not ourselves. The current trend in the world we live is the desire to lead a sizable church. And those called to serve at a small congregation frequently struggle with feelings of insignificance.

My encouragement to them is this: In His great love, God places us exactly where He wants us to serve, and every task we undertake should be given our all, whether there’s one person listening or a multitude. We ultimately serve Christ, and He is not concerned with recognition we receive. He desires our obedience and best effort. This is true not just for shepherds/pastors but for all believers.

There are many reasons that the Lord calls us to serve. First, He rids us of pride and selfishness, allowing our focus to be on Him. Second, we proclaim our love for Christ through our care for one another. Third, God tests and purifies our hearts through service.

How do you define success? A common response is “achieving our predetermined goals.” Scripture’s definition, however, is different. The Lord desires that we discover His plan, obey, and become all that He intended. In other words, for success in the biblical sense, God sets the goals for our lives.

1 Peter 4:10
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:

1 Peter 5:2
Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly;

John 12:26
If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honour him.

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

All We Really Need To Know We Learned From Noah's Ark / Why It Makes Sense For God To End The World / The Cross You’re Carrying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.