Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) (4552 Views)

Share The Experience About How You Got That Juicy Job Of Yours / Apply For MSF - Doctors Without Borders Job [PHOTO] / Shame!!! Another Nigerian Graduate Begging For Job (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by KDCityForum(f): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
An unemployed university graduate has surprised himself by earning a juicy job just after yelling at the top of his voice while his president walked by.

Philemon Agwanda Nyagaya

An unemployed man has finally found help in a most unconventional manner after he gathered courage to yell his president's name when he visited during a Kisumu tour over the weekend in Kenya. The act alone has earned him a juicy job in Public Service.

Philemon Agwanda Nyagaya walked past the President’s security detail after he was denied access to him on Sunday and yelled Uhuru Kenyatta's name which attracted the attention of the president. He was summoned and he explained his plight. The president asked him to drop his name and phone number.

Daily Nation reports that after returning to Nairobi, the President called Agwanda and asked him to forward him his credentials.
This was followed by calls from various government officials, including the National Youth Service (NYS) Director who asked him to come to Nairobi on Thursday.

According to The Star, the 28-year-old man graduated with a Degree in Community Development from St Paul’s University over a year ago but has not been able to secure a job.

His couarage to cry out for help has earned him a dream job in public service after all the years of suffering.
Nyagaya recalls: “I am still perplexed that the President called me himself and asked for my credentials so I could get a job. I took a step of faith when I saw him as the only one who would solve my problem. I am glad he did.

“I was standing at one of the bumps on the busy highway. Many people had blocked the road to hear the President. It then dawned on me that he could help me find a job.

“I shouted Rais! Rais! Rais! Rais! (Mr President). He looked back in my direction and beckoned me to go to his car.
“I pushed my way through the multitude and reached the nucleus of his security detail. They tried to ward me off, but I kept calling out the President’s name.
“It was at this point, when I was too close to the President that they let me talk to him. I told him how much I have struggled to get a job. His aides handed me a notebook and a pen to write my contacts.

“I quickly put my number down. I gave him the contacts which he read and realised I had not written my name. He asked me to do so. It was surprising he patiently waited for me to write my name as well,”said Mr Nyagaya.

Source: http://www.tori.ng/news/20960/unbelievable-job-seeker-who-yelled-at-countrys-pre.html
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Cutehector(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Make I hear say u call buhari name, him go hear u. angry

Person wey even trek from Lagos to abuja for him victory sef, d man do am strong akpor!

7 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by KDCityForum(f): 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Cutehector(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
KDCityForum:
when will this happen in naija
when I become d president cool

3 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Donald3d(m): 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
nice, we just have to keep making moves,not relenting,speaking out,and success will surely come

2 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
If he tries it with Buhari, he will be probed.

Btw I am still unemployed despite my second class upper. 2:1 degree is over rated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ferdyferd: 4:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Abeg make dy leave yelling for this guy o

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ladygudhead(f): 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
wow.Good things are really happening these days.

The agege bread seller got hers through 'open door' while this man own is by ' breakthrough'

Hallelujah!grin

Father! , how will my own come? smiley

1 Like

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Mannylex(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
Inspiring story.... Maybe I would borrow a leap of faith and scream my CEO's name on monday, Maybe that could earn me a promotion!!!

His Grace is indeed sufficient .
"If a mere mortal would act based on the fact that his name is called, God will do even more"

4 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ksstroud: 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
grin
Mannylex:
Inspiring story.... Maybe I would borrow a leap of faith and scream my CEO's name on monday, Maybe that could earn me a promotion!!!

His Grace is indeed sufficient .
"If a mere mortal would act based on the fact that his name is called, God will do even more"

Fear less

Mannylex is here
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by archer1(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ansell:
If he tries it with Buhari, he will be probed.

Btw I am still unemployed despite my second class upper. 2:1 degree is over rated!

Degree is overated true true. U shld see all the degrees ve accumulated over d years nd pple will still open dier mouth gbaga nd tell me to add anoda MSc say i go get job. Na book i go read till i die?

2 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by affairsnaija: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
Lalasticlaca come and see the Lord has done it for this guy
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by UIA04(f): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hmm does anyone remember a similar story

Yes that of blind bartimeus A closed mouth is a closed destiny

2 Likes

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ChristineC: 8:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
Jobless for only one year grin In Nigeria you see men jobless for 1000 years cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by MilesLamar(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
Front page material.... Seun I need money... Make I wait small undecided
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by hungryboy(m): 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
The witches finally go holiday for him life,

The witches were dey follow me no
dey go leave or holiday,

But one day go be one day sha,
Na dem go take their hand write resignation letter give me say dem don tire for my matter.
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ProudOlodo: 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
ladygudhead:
wow.Good things are really happening these days.

The agege bread seller got hers through 'open door' while this man own is by ' breakthrough'

Hallelujah!grin

Father! , how will my own come? smiley
Open door » Breakthrough » ?...maybe "Gatecrash" grin
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by odinese(m): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2016
[size=20pt]congratulations Gary Neville.
.....for your first La liga win[/size]
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by mckenzieRx: 4:15am On Feb 14, 2016
A nice gesture indeed from a president...
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by anath(m): 8:16am On Feb 14, 2016
The last time u try this to ur Gov not even president count urself a suspect. U can do this to GEj there is still hope but for PMB don't think am.God save jobs seeker
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by Goldencollins: 8:25am On Feb 14, 2016
U are lucky u are not a Nigerian otherwise if u had tried calling Buhari's name he would have ordered EFCC to Probe you.
APC SCAM!!!
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by femidejulius(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2016
anath:
The last time u try this to ur Gov not even president count urself a suspect. U can do this to GEj there is still hope but for PMB don't think am.God save jobs seeker

True talk. Do this to GEJ and you may be given some of the money meant to fight Boko Haram. GEJ will just give the order. For Buhari, he is not a father Xmas. Too bad
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by anath(m): 8:46am On Feb 14, 2016
femidejulius:

True talk. Do this to GEJ and you may be given some of the money meant to fight Boko Haram. GEJ will just give the order. For Buhari, he is not a father Xmas. Too bad
Who Baba strong hand don help,even all d money wey dy save to take fight Boko boys self nor dy work. Yesterday Boko kill over 30 and he still dy save money. Money is useless wen u save it for no purpose. Imagine crime rate in the country has been on the increased due to unemployment rate and no one is saying anything. Na God pass am
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by DIKEnaWAR: 10:23am On Feb 14, 2016
African leaders? Big oafs in big cars!

How many people are going to get a job by yelling "Rais! Rais!" At their country's President? This sounds like what Rochas Okorocha or Fayose will do.
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by mrmagoo(m): 10:39am On Feb 14, 2016
Mshw which kind lie be this? Abeg carry una cv go find work jare you knew what you signed up for when you chose to be an african
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by 1zynnvn(m): 11:15am On Feb 14, 2016
he yelled, Uhuru Uhuru Uhuru
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by mu2sa2: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
There's no way one can explain this guy's luck except to accept that God did it for him. When God intends a thing He says "be", and everything that will make that thing to happen will begin to fall into place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ladygudhead(f): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
ProudOlodo:
Open door » Breakthrough » ?...maybe "Gatecrash" grin

lolllz...I'm telling u!cheesy
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ProudOlodo: 10:44pm On Feb 14, 2016
ladygudhead:

lolllz...I'm telling u!cheesy
Not in the list of crimes wink
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ladygudhead(f): 12:02am On Feb 15, 2016
ProudOlodo:
Not in the list of crimes wink
it can b in some list o,if its not divinely.grin
Re: Job Seeker Who Yelled At Country's President For Help Gets Juicy Job (photo) by ProudOlodo: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
ladygudhead:

it can b in some list o,if its not divinely.grin
Lol. Don't worry, divine amnesty is yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For The Job Of Brand Manager At Ebonylife TV / CHIVITA VACANCY March 2017 Pls Ignore That Information! / And I Just Got A JOB!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.