Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,907 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) (686 Views)

Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Festac, Cars Burnt (Photos, Video) / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Edo, Kills Many (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by ObiOmaMu: 7:40am On Feb 14, 2016
An eyewitness sent this in:

Around 1am this morning, voices of people in Boluwaji area of Ibadan filled the air chanting "e ja de oo" (come out o), "e ma sun wora o"(don't sleep too deep o) because of a devil of a fire that was razing properties the area.‎

The source was a fuel tanker that fell few metres away from Adeojo central mosque and due to the topology of the area, the fuel flowed to few meters down the slope and the fire that flowed with it divulged the properties in its path.

Not sure if any life was lost to it but the amount of properties lost is saddening.

The fire service team did a good job controlling the expansion of the fire at the source but were not able to save much as the response time was slower than expected due to excuses that 'there was no water in the tanker' etc as I overheard spectators say.

I placed a call to 112 at exactly 1:11am and the first tanker arrived the scene at 1:50am.

‎I pray God replenishes the properties of the victims and I hope the the government would help with some relief items.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/razed-valentine-fuel-tanker-explodes-in.html

Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by INTROVERT(f): 7:41am On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by mynd1(f): 7:43am On Feb 14, 2016
Oga seun can u be my val? cool
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by temitemi1(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2016
Lord have mercy!
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by alrahmanonline(m): 7:49am On Feb 14, 2016
God help us
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by anath(m): 7:51am On Feb 14, 2016
God save Ibadan ppl from incessant fire accident,in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by chriskosherbal(m): 7:54am On Feb 14, 2016
What a sad news.
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by Khd95(m): 7:56am On Feb 14, 2016
Valexplodegringrin
Re: Razed Valentine! Fuel Tanker Explodes In Ibadan (photos) by saintfizzo(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2016
So sad..... I blame St. Valentine for that one

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Travel Tips: 5 Romantic Ways To Present A Rose On Valentine’s Day / Is There Bright Future For A Nigerian Trained Dj In Oversea? / Help Me Unlock My Bag Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.