Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. (666 Views)

Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / Many Graduates Cant Differentiate Between Email And Gmail / Six pictures that Differentiate Between Successful And Unsuccessful People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. by hotunba20(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2016
Good day peepz,

This 2 statement below has really caused serious argument in my office some said it's the same while some argue it's diff.

see this:

Spare him, not to be killed.

Spare him not, to be killed.

please help.
Re: Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:00am On Feb 14, 2016
Words are the same but with the power on punctuation signs, it has different meaning.

First means dont kill him

Second means kill him.

1 Like

Re: Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. by placeofallure(f): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2016
That's the power of punctuation marks and I always detest writings devoid of punctuations. The position of the comma is what defines the meaning of each sentence.

These two sentences are not synonyms of each other, they don't mean the same thing. The first sentence is a plea to keep the life of whoever is concerned while the second sentence is advocating that he be killed.
Re: Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. by Jboyossai(m): 10:17am On Feb 14, 2016
ULSHERLAN:
Words are the same but with the power on punctuation signs, it has different meaning.

First means dont kill him

Second means kill him.

your head dey there....!
Re: Differentiate Between This 2 Statement. by Vectormike(m): 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2016
placeofallure:
That's the power of punctuation marks and I always detest writings devoid of punctuations. The position of the comma is what defines the meaning of each sentence.

These two sentences are not synonyms of each other, they don't mean the same thing. The first sentence is a plea to keep the life of whoever is concerned while the second sentence is advocating that he be killed.

Can't you summarise?!

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Write IGCSE Exams / ### / 10 Amazing Facts About Africa I Could Bet My Last Dime You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.