Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

A Life Changing Testimony... An Encounter With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Life Changing Testimony... An Encounter With God (720 Views)

Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos / Why We Should Have An Encounter With God / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Life Changing Testimony... An Encounter With God by Christeety: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
FOR CHRISTIANS: THIS WILL INTENSIFY YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST.
FOR THOSE WHO DOUBTS IF GOD EXISTS: THIS WILL MAKE YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD REALLY AND TRULY EXISTS.
I LIKE TO SHARE THIS TESTIMONY WITH YOU ALL SO THAT YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT GOD TRULY EXISTS. I WRITE THIS WITH TEARS FILLED EYES BECAUSE I STILL ASK MYSELF WHY GOD CHOSE TO SAVE A SINNER LIKE ME.

Around 2013, during my Youth Service Year, I had my usual afternoon nap, I suddenly found myself in a dream. In the dream, I was faced with my Dad’s Elder Sister. She called out my full names (first name and surname) and said I wasn’t going to live to see the end of my service year.
Prior to the dream, I have this habit of reading psalms every now & then. (Be it in the morning, on the motion, at a party, at night…basically, anywhere). One thing I actually noticed was that I was particularly fond of PSALM 91, I also noticed that anytime I got to Psalm 91 vs 7-13 which says
VS 7 - A THOUSAND SHALL FALL AT MY SIDE, AND TEN THOUSAND AT MY RIGHT HAND, BUT IT SHALL NOT COME NIGH ME
VS 8 - ONLY WITH MINE EYES SHALL I BEHOLD AND SEE THE REWARD OF THE WICKED
VS 9 - BECAUSE I HAVE MADE THE LORD, WHICH IS MY REFUGE, EVEN THE MOST HIGH MY DWELLING PLACE
VS 10 -THERE SHALL NO EVIL BEFALL ME, NEITHER SHALL ANY PLAQUE COME NEAR MY DWELLING
VS 11: FOR GOD SHALL GIVE HIS HOLY ANGELS CHARGE OVER ME, TO KEEP ME IN ALL MY WAYS
VS 12: THEY SHALL BEAR ME UP IN THEIR HANDS, LEST I DASH MY FOOT AGAINST A STONE
VS 13: I SHALL TREAD UPON THE LION AND THE ADDER, THE YOUNG LION AND DRAGON WILL I TRAMPLE UNDER FEET.
Back to the dream, when the woman told me that I wasn’t going to live to see the end of the service year. I started crying, begging God that I don’t want to die. Suddenly, I found myself reciting Psalm 91, surprisingly I started crying again when I got to verse 7-13(the said verse above). In fact, I repeated that verse continuously.
All of a sudden, I found myself in my bedroom, with my back on my bed and face up. (One thing worthy of note here is that, this isn’t my usual style of sleeping. I usually sleep faced down)
I was pressed down, like I was being tied down by something (In my mind I was like chai!!! They have gotten me…lol) I also noticed that I couldn’t open my eyes. I tried opening my eyes but a huge light was hindering me. At this point, two things were happening, my body was heavy and my eyes couldn’t open.
Then suddenly I noticed that my eyes began to open. WHAT MY EYES SAW WAS A BEHOLDING SIGHT. GOD IS INDEED WONDERFUL. (Sobbing)
By the woman side, where the curtain usually is, I SAW SEVEN ANGELS SIDE BY SIDE, STRETCHED FORTH THEIR HANDS FORMED WITH LIGHT TOGETHER TOWARDS ME. The hands joined together formed a light towards me. It was actually the power of the light that pressed me down and prevented me from opening my eyes. And I heard a loud voice. GOD CALLED MY NAME. HE SAID ‘MY DAUGHTER, YOU REMEMBER WHAT YOU ASKED FOR IN YOUR DREAM, HERE ARE MY HOLY ANGELS WATCHING GURAD OVER YOU. FEAR NOT.
After that statement, within a twinkle of an eye, everything disappeared, my body regained consciousness, and the room was no longer filled with light. Immediately, I jumped down from my bed and bowed my head to the ground to worship God Almighty. Saying HOLY HOLY HOLY IS THE LORD GOD OF HOST (3CE).
It’s been three years and I am well and alive…Help me praise the Lord God Most High.
LESSON TO LEARN:
The bible says whosoever call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. My incessant psalm reading and prayers saved me during my trial.
God Is Indeed Our Shelter In Times Of Trouble, Our Defender, Our Shield, Our Protector, Our Refuge & Fortress.
If you’ve been blessed with my testimony, I encourage you to PROCLAIM GOD’S NAME by sharing it will all your friends, so that they can know and believe that GOD ALMIGHTY TRULY & REALLY EXISTS. By this you will be saving lots of lives.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Life Changing Testimony... An Encounter With God by hijodedios: 10:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
i still marvel when i hear some people argue the existence of God.

2 Likes

Re: A Life Changing Testimony... An Encounter With God by Christeety: 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
Like seriously... probably they need an amazing encounter to change their belief

(1) (Reply)

10 Times Christians, Jews & Muslims Rescued Each Other / Fasting, Sex And Love Making. / The Sword, The Arm Of The Lord: Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.