Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Why We Should Have An Encounter With God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Should Have An Encounter With God (4561 Views)

My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos / My Right Hands Keep Shaking Since I Had An Encounter With God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Thepasserby(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2016
Why we should have an encounter with God

Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.” Gen 28:16

An encounter with God leads to a personal relationship with HIM. The blessings of Abraham is not for men who have not been empowered but for those who have heard him speak, seen HIM in action and felt his mighty presence.

An encounter with God does the following things in our life
1 it changes men
a) Jacob Gen 27:36;28:22
b) Peter Lk 22:54-62, Acts 2:14, 22-24
c) Paul Acts 8:3; Phil 1:18; 3:4-11

2. It provides strength

3. It gives direction

4. It defines purpose

Who do we encounter?
a. The way (Jn 14:6, Gen 28:12-13, Jn 1:49-51, Col 2:16)
b. The truth (Jn 14:26, Gen 28:13-14, Col 2:2-3)
c. The life (Eze 47, Col 2:9, Jn 15:1-5, Jn 16:13; 11:25)

How do We have an encounter?
a) We must be ready and available Gen 28:11
b) We must be at the right place Acts 2:1-3, Gen 3:9, 28:10, Acts 9:3-5

An encounter with God counters human all human nature and changes men.

Jesus loves you.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by XXLDICK(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
But he does not exist

Anybody that has had an encounter with him should quote me cool

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by adexsimply(m): 7:05am On Dec 18, 2016
I think it should be the other way round. "Why God should have an encounter with everyone"
The onus of proof lies with him--That is if he really exists

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by nairaman66(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2016
Rightly.., I don't understand why some set of subgroup of people say there is no God!! Really baffles me a lot!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Thepasserby(m): 7:08am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:
But he does not exists.
I have.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by shesszi(m): 7:08am On Dec 18, 2016
M
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Abeeni: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
adexsimply:
I think it should be the other way round. "Why God should have an encounter with everyone"
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by ipledge10(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
I think Seun should find something to do about Christian threads, you can't comment in Muslim section if you don't declare your faith, but in Christian anything goes. I saw the thread and tried to read people's comments, but the first two comments were those of atheists. I think Seun should sanitize this section, while I don't condemn them for their beliefs, but they shouldn't be here trying to dissuade people from Knowing God. Maybe you should give them their separate section, I'm sure that won't be hard to do for you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by sakalisis(m): 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
cool
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by berrystunn(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
God dont have business with human...

Ask me why

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Lincoln275(m): 7:13am On Dec 18, 2016
God is good
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Kondomatic(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:
But he does not exists.

Why should we quote you? I mean you could be one of Seun's robots.
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by TenPassfour(m): 7:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Thank you for sharing, wonderful piece. Encounter with God counter human power. God is good. Thanks
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by JesusPowers: 7:19am On Dec 18, 2016
True personal relationship with your creator is beyond the sweetness of sex. Quote me anywhere!
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by XXLDICK(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Thepasserby:

I have.
Elaborate. How did it happen?
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by XXLDICK(m): 7:22am On Dec 18, 2016
Kondomatic:
Why should we quote you? I mean you could be one of Seun's robots.
You just quoted me.
Just say you have no encounter

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Krinel(f): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2016
having constant encounter with Him has seriously changed my life positively. he is the almighty.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by VickyRotex(f): 7:26am On Dec 18, 2016
nairaman66:
Rightly.., I don't understand why some set of subgroup of people say there is no God!! Really baffles me a lot!

It's not even about them saying there's no God. As they are entitled to their own opinion, but It's about them on every thread that has to do with God.

"If I don't like a meal at a restaurant, will I keep going to the restaurant just to take a look at the meal?"

It baffles me alot when they spend their whole day/time discussing A God they believe doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by oluwalfa: 7:29am On Dec 18, 2016
religion is madness
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by ocshap: 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
taste and that the LORD is good.
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by jossypet(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2016
It baffles me when people who think they're 'reasonable' say that there is no God. Can u imagine a little ant claim that there are nothing like humans when there are humans all around? Everything about creation testifies about the existence of God. Well, no wonder the scripture says that a FOOL says there's no God. Have an encounter with your maker.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2016
grin
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Thepasserby(m): 7:48am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:

Elaborate. How did it happen?

I used to be someone who gets angry at every little wrong doing. sometimes I get angry or mad at people for no reason The day I encountered God, I discovered that I just can't get angry even if I try to.

God changed how I relate with people, I have this inner peace and kindness even when people do anything wrong to me. The more I try to hate people, the more I like them.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by fkdmods: 7:51am On Dec 18, 2016
adexsimply:

Gbam. Gbam. Gbam. Why don't more Nigerians think like this? The world is becoming a world where facts don't matter. This is the reason why extremism is becoming a problem we all cannot handle anymore. It is why Donald Trump won the U.S elections. It is why BH, Isis, exists. People don't care about what can be proven. It is what feels right to them that matters. Even if it doesn't make sense. That a man can walk on water and that he can turn water to wine makes sense to them. Smh. Isn't it convenient that all of a sudden all miracles somehow just stopped after everyone who can readily testify to them are dead? Only proof is a book that another human being wrote. As if people don't lie. A book filled with so much discrepancies that you will not believe. I wonder if they surgically remove their brain once they declare that they are christians or muslims?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2016
I think the theory of "God" applies to all religion with belief in a supreme Creator.

If seun can just make the Muslim section private, it should also apply to the Christians.

Let every man be with his own religion and respect that. Even if the world has one religion, there won't still be total peace, even if the world has no religion, there won't still be total freedom.

God didn't create religion, humans do. Then allow them the respect of their belief.
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2016
fkdmods:

Gbam. Gbam. Gbam. Why don't more Nigerians think like this? The world is becoming a world where facts don't matter. This is the reason why extremism is becoming a problem we all cannot handle anymore. It is why Donald Trump won the U.S elections. It is why BH, Isis, exists. People don't care about what can be proven. It is what feels right to them that matters. Even if it doesn't make sense. That a man can walk on water and that he can turn water to wine makes sense to them. Smh. Isn't it convenient that all of a sudden all miracles somehow just stopped after everyone who can readily testify to them are dead? Only proof is a book that another human being wrote. As if people don't lie. A book filled with so much discrepancies that you will not believe. I wonder if they surgically remove their brain once they declare that they are christians or muslims?
If you are Nigerian, am sure your parents are religious one way or the other, so apply that to the brain surgery.
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by fkdmods: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2016
hopsydboi:

If you are Nigerian, am sure your parents are religious one way or the other, so apply that to the brain surgery.

Lol. My father is definitely not religious.He shares my view that Christians are brain dead. My mum had been gone a long time ago. And was not really religious. We are not s.tupid unlike most of you.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Gkemz: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2016
A one day encounter with an ordinary king can change someone's life let alone the king of kings
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by ojimbo(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2016
My God if only is a woman and should be as beautiful as Genevieve Nnaji. Then I think I should not wait for him to reveal himself to me, i will go searching him myself.
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2016
fkdmods:

Lol. My father is definitely not religious.He shares my view that Christians are brain dead. My mum had been gone a long time ago. And was not really religious. We are not s.tupid unlike most of you.

The last time I check I was an agnostic! My point is, no matter how it all looks wrong to u, that religion is brain dead! That the religious people u have meet. I have meet religious scientists who does never negelect fact and also never assume faith is dead.

Religion is a personal thing, simple language is RESPECT DOES WHO BELIEVE IN WHATEVER THEY BELIEF IN. ... So far it doesn't stop your income.

Well your grandfather must then be the religious one!
Re: Why We Should Have An Encounter With God by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2016
fkdmods:

Sorry about your mum! Mercie!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muttleylatff: What Does Homosexuality Serve In The Universe? / The Apostolic Church Nigeria Motto For 2020 / A Story That Shows The Difference Between Nigerian And Western Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.