Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers (1026 Views)

Its Been 4years Away. Appreciation To Nairaland / Parent Appreciation Series (dad) / Appreciation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 15, 2016
I teach in a school where parents are not allowed to 'appreciate'. teachers. The argument is that such teachers are bound to be partial. Well, while this may hold true for a few undisciplined teachers (Yes, I've seen it in one or two colleagues in the past), it's not generally so.

My solution to the 'partiality' problem is GIVE THE GIFT ANONYMOUSLY. You must agree with me that this would be a win-win-win situation for the school's management, parent and the teacher. Since the teacher doesn't know who's giving the gift, the problem of favoritism is dealt a deadly blow.

The question then is this: why don't schools allow gifts for their teachers? I think it's just a case of pure wickedness. In some schools (especially the big ones), parents are expressly warned to desist from giving gifts to teachers. We pay them big already, they say. Big lie! Some school owners want to be the teachers' boss forever and therefore deny them any opportunity of escaping financial servitude.

Let me mention a few benefits of showing love to your ward's teachers:

1. You obey the simple scripture that says: give AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO YOU. The truth is these: teachers do far more than they're paid for. So when you give to them, God rewards you in special ways.

2. Sometimes we do parenting for kids abandoned by parents at home and abroad. You can't imagine the transformation that teachers have been able to bring about in some of these impossible children. Obviously, they don't do this because of the money.

3. If your kid keeps singing the praise of a particular teacher, then it's time to pay that teacher a visit and perhaps show some love - anonymously.

4. Most teachers are paid peanuts. It's no wonder they're leaving the profession in droves. I once taught in a school where their was a very cordial relationship between parents and teachers, and showering teachers with gifts and accolades was a regular occurrence. Then the proprietress handed the school over to one of her children... You can guess the rest of the story. The school is now a shadow of its former self. A lot of the good teachers have left...the profession. It's very sad.

In conclusion, you don't even have to give them gifts (that's if you don't want to) but at least give them a call or visit once in a while and ask how your ward is doing. Once your child moves to a new grade, get all his/her teachers' numbers and keep in constant touch, especially if the child is in the boarding school. Teachers love to hear from parents. They never consider it burdensome to speak with you on how to move things forward. Don't be too busy to call Don't be too busy to visit. Even if your child is an A student, call the class teacher and subject teacher once a while. They might tell you something about your child you never knew!

Source: NORAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by Ginaz(f): 8:37am On Feb 15, 2016
Sorry say dem no give u money grin
Re: Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ginaz:
Sorry say dem no give u money grin

It's not about me. It's not about the money. And this certainly goes beyond the teaching profession. One wouldn't expect a patient to treat his doctor with disrespect. Same goes for a client and his lawyer. I could go on...
Re: Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by TheArchangel(f): 7:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
At least we appreciate them now.

Take a look below the teachers contract of last century.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 16, 2016
TheArchangel:
At least we appreciate them now.

Take a look below the teachers contract of last century.

Doesn't look real...
Re: Parents, Show More Appreciation To Teachers by Sunnypar(m): 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2016
NORAD:
I teach in a school where parents are not allowed to 'appreciate'. teachers. The argument is that such teachers are bound to be partial. Well, while this may hold true for a few undisciplined teachers (Yes, I've seen it in one or two colleagues in the past), it's not generally so.

My solution to the 'partiality' problem is GIVE THE GIFT ANONYMOUSLY. You must agree with me that this would be a win-win-win situation for the school's management, parent and the teacher. Since the teacher doesn't know who's giving the gift, the problem of favoritism is dealt a deadly blow.

The question then is this: why don't schools allow gifts for their teachers? I think it's just a case of pure wickedness. In some schools (especially the big ones), parents are expressly warned to desist from giving gifts to teachers. We pay them big already, they say. Big lie! Some school owners want to be the teachers' boss forever and therefore deny them any opportunity of escaping financial servitude.

Let me mention a few benefits of showing love to your ward's teachers:

1. You obey the simple scripture that says: give AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN TO YOU. The truth is these: teachers do far more than they're paid for. So when you give to them, God rewards you in special ways.

2. Sometimes we do parenting for kids abandoned by parents at home and abroad. You can't imagine the transformation that teachers have been able to bring about in some of these impossible children. Obviously, they don't do this because of the money.

3. If your kid keeps singing the praise of a particular teacher, then it's time to pay that teacher a visit and perhaps show some love - anonymously.

4. Most teachers are paid peanuts. It's no wonder they're leaving the profession in droves. I once taught in a school where their was a very cordial relationship between parents and teachers, and showering teachers with gifts and accolades was a regular occurrence. Then the proprietress handed the school over to one of her children... You can guess the rest of the story. The school is now a shadow of its former self. A lot of the good teachers have left...the profession. It's very sad.

In conclusion, you don't even have to give them gifts (that's if you don't want to) but at least give them a call or visit once in a while and ask how your ward is doing. Once your child moves to a new grade, get all his/her teachers' numbers and keep in constant touch, especially if the child is in the boarding school. Teachers love to hear from parents. They never consider it burdensome to speak with you on how to move things forward. Don't be too busy to call Don't be too busy to visit. Even if your child is an A student, call the class teacher and subject teacher once a while. They might tell you something about your child you never knew!

Source: NORAD
Great.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Live Coverage Of Daystar Women Of Destiny Conference 2016 #WODC2016 / What Is The Major Causes That Makes A Ladies Breasts To Become Bigger? / Ben Bruce Hangs Out With Pretty Daughter Jasmine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.