Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? (525 Views)

When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG / Official Centres To Repair Infinix Phones In Nigeria / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? by bongolistik(m): 8:57am On Feb 15, 2016
I was wondering whether people still go under umbrella to pay for calls.

When last did you visit a pay-call centre to make/rent a phone call?
Re: Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? by michhitman(m): 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
dat stuff died a long tym ago,wen mtn,airtel and glo were using us to shine, then etisalat came, and d rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? by daphid25(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol, e don tay.. Multilinks and Starcomm

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? by Pavore9: 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
That is now history.
Re: Do People Still Visit Pay-call Centres To Make/rent Calls? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
During the era of MTN, econet (airtel) and glo, calls were expensive because the inter connectivity rates charged by these operators were high and as a result they introduced booster, bumper and profit maximizer cards to make more profit by reducing calls by 50% for phone vendors. I remember charging N30/min to any network and N10 for receiving calls after i had pay MTN N9,000 for booster card. Business was booming then especially when customers saw the need to make calls then. I made super profit when receiving calls to settle some expenses and still have more cash but now the story has changed.
People stopped visiting as a result of the following reasons;
1. Call reduction by 80%
2. More persons now own mobile phones and sims
3. You can now make calls at your convenience without waiting for phone vendor to open shop when he or she please

(1) (Reply)

Compare The Prices Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria / Samsung G530H / I Need An Iphone6/6plus UK USED Must Be Within Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.