Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG (32683 Views)

Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Twitter User Laments Over Exploded Samsung Phone / Twitter User Reports MTN N50 For 5GB Cheat. Nigerians Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by three: 6:48am On Aug 30, 2017
This twitter user says the number mix up is an FG policy for cheaper calls!

3 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 30, 2017
That was how I forgot I had booked a space here.

This shit happens everyday, you see series of landline numbers with lagos code.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Machiavelli1(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2017
WTF is he saying?

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by GavelSlam: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2017
People write any piece of crap they can invent.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Sunnynwa: 7:03am On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:
People write any piece of crap they can invent.
Machiavelli1:
WTF is he saying?

What he's saying is that when you call Nigeria from the UK, instead of the UK number you called with appearing on the recipient's phone, a Nigerian local number will appear. This has happened to me a many times too and people will be asking, "when did you come back?"

The reason that is happening though is because the FG through the NCC increased tariff for international inbound calls by more than 500%. This made the foreign network providers to now route their call through local Nigerian numbers so they are charged as local calls.

Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am grin grin grin

266 Likes 16 Shares

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by GavelSlam: 7:06am On Aug 30, 2017
Sunnynwa:

What he's saying is that when you call Nigeria from the UK, instead of the UK number you called with appearing on the recipient's phone, a Nigerian local number will appear. This has happened to me a many times too and people will be asking, "when did you come back?"

The reason that is happening though is because the FG through the NCC increased tariff for international inbound calls by more than 500%. This made the foreign network providers to now route their call through local Nigerian numbers do they are charged as local calls.

Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am grin grin grin

But not happening with Lycamobile.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by three: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2017
Machiavelli1:
WTF is he saying?

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2017
Doesn't happen with all UK numbers Virgin Mobile for instance didn't happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by three: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Lebara always shows random numbers already so no change there

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by amarilo: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2017
Lakeside79:
Doesn't happen with all UK numbers Virgin Mobile for instance didn't happen
How many people uses virgin to call nigeria ? May be they are not bordered cos they have less traffic towards nigeria.
It happens with lycamobile as well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Sunnynwa: 7:40am On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

It is happening with all of them but not all the time as sometimes the caller's number appears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by firstclassmumu: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2017
E tire me self My family think say i dey lie say I dey uk

40 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by obo389(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2017
But when calling UK and US from Nigeria, it's somehow cheap.

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Ebubemg(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2017
No wonder shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Thewrath(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2017
firstclassmumu:
E tire me self
My family think say i dey lie say I dey uk

81 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Satansadvocate(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2017
Dr Dipo the dipo

do you think you can escape from nigerias buhari spirit by moving to london. I laugh in spiritual wicked ness.

We are all together in this mess. So the spirit of buhari you voted in will chase us all into hades to always remind us that we are from 9ja.

So you want to come and escape abi

I laugh again in spiritual wicked ness

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2017
Im just here to read comments

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Addicted2Women: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2017

This guy is probably an 18 year old kid

Why would i want my phone number to show when i call Nigeria or some other countries ??

That's why i don't have a phone number or SIM card in my phone, i just download a textme app on my phone and get a free phone number

This is 2017 and not 1965, no one trips for foreign phone numbers anymore

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by medolab90(m): 8:56am On Aug 30, 2017
Next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Heromaniaa: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2017
Been noticing
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 30, 2017
No wonder my family members been asking when I will show up at the family home. They thought that I am back to base

1 Like

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by jashar(f): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2017
grin grin grin

Is he not roaming the number? I thought it was a network thing....
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by hardywaltz(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2017
We complain too much in this country.
U just want people to know you are abroad when it shows +447*******
Moreover it doesn't happen with Lycamobile (especially when u use the Nigerian Plan that gives u 250 mins call time to Nigeria) or EE

8 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by threadstone(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Satansadvocate:
Dr Dipo the dipo

do you think you can escape from nigerias buhari spirit by moving to london. I laugh in spiritual wicked ness.

We are all together in this mess. So the spirit of buhari you voted in will chase us all into hades to always remind us that we are from 9ja.

So you want to come and escape abi

I laugh again in spiritual wicked ness

you're just mean af!! cheesy cheesy grin grin

7 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by lafuria1(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
so the only issue here is your number changes to a local number here right?
my question is, what happens when someone in nigeria is making international calls?

this isnt a big deal tho

the big problem i see is when family keep seeing different numbers every time you call from abroad, is this an issue ?

4 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by adatemi: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

It does! I use Lycalmobile and have gotten questions like "when did you arrive?"

3 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by DJInfluence: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
The guy no get problem at all. I no even want people to see my number at all. This one dey complain say number no show. Anyway, na person wey chop belleful dey make this kind complain.

4 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by EmekaBlue(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2017
Nigerians and to want to form living in diaspora

next news plz
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by Oladipo1166(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2017
wetin consign me, I never travel out of naija b4.
Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by soberdrunk(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2017
Oga shay want everybody to dey see +44...... angry

2 Likes

Re: When You Call From Abroad Do People See Nigerian Numbers? Twitter User Blames FG by jerryunit48: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2017
Why are you guys worried about the number showing? It is Nigeria be happy you got through

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Review Of The Infinix X-pen: Is It Worth N4,500? (PICS) / Check Out Samsung Galaxy S8 And S8 Plus Price In Nigeria / How To Update/Reload Your Blackberry Firmware Manually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.