Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum (1128 Views)

Today Is Seun Osewa Birthday...let's Show Him Love (post Your Greetings) / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. / Do You Think We Should Sack The Senate & House Of Rep? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 9:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Dear Seun,

Good morning to you sir, I wish to bring my observations about your spam Mod to you. Please note that I am writing this letter in good faith.

In a forum filled with different people of diverse culture and background, it is not always easy to control the activities of the members, thus the ideas of employing the services of Mods is very essential. However sir, it is good that you device ways to check your Mods to ensure that they don't cause the downfall of your prestigious forum, the No 1 forum in Africa.

Your spam Mod is in the habit of blocking people without any good reason.

I invited my colleagues to this forum and 3 out of the 4 of them have been blocked for no reason.

One allowed me to go through his profile and I found out that his only offence for being banned is typing "oh yes" under his mention.

The other two didn't commit any offence either.

It's not all Mods that have the good interest of your forum, especially your spam Mod.

He actually wants to kill this forum.

Sack him now before he sacks all your good members.

Thank you.

Christinie.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Kenzico(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2016
The Over - suspending of Members on this forum is becoming alarming. Guilty or not guilty....U are suspended

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by missingrib(f): 9:40am On Feb 15, 2016
just here to read comment.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 9:50am On Feb 15, 2016
I believe some of the Mods especially the spam Mod are out to ruin this forum.

I know that they will try to target me for exposing them.

Kenzico:
The Over - suspending of Members on this forum is becoming alarming. Guilty or not guilty....U are suspended

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 15, 2016
My-nd44 now gives 2wks ban on the whole forum for broken rules(spoken words).

No forum on earth gives its members more than 24hrs ban(if any).

This is so disrespectful,seun should employ grown up men with experience,and not some vindictive kid!

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Sometimes, it's not a mod behind the ban. There's an anti-spam bot that automatically hides posts and ban posters too on Nairaland.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by sunkieisland(m): 9:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Human error is bound to happen.

I've never been banned so i don't understand what people do wrongly to warrant a ban.

I'm certain that everyone who stick to d rules shouldn't be banned, so if after following all the rules you're still banned, the mods should be held responsible by Seun.

Merci

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by dajoaneke(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2016
Last year using my other moniker, i got banned for laughing in a post that analyzed NL & its members. The post got banned and so was I. It hurt me and since then I started losing interest in NL

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Seun(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2016
christinie, don't you think you should give me the usernames of your friends who were allegedly banned so I can investigate their cases?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
Seun:
christinie, don't you think you should give me the usernames of your friends who were allegedly banned so I can investigate their cases?

Rubbish. How many times have I sent u mails on my illicit banning by your **** moderators n u respond.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by joseph1832(m): 11:46am On Feb 15, 2016
Seun:
You should start with my moniker. The last time I was banned for breaking rule 2, I was given a 5 day ban, while the moniker who instigated the whole ish was free to roam about....

And I must tell you that whenever I'm banned I always seek redress from the supermod, and of course, like I once told you, they never reply my mail.

I mean, courtesy demands that they should at least reply ones email, not just ignore it.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by joseph1832(m): 11:48am On Feb 15, 2016
PayPalKing:
Sometimes, it's not a mod behind the ban. There's an anti-spam bot that automatically hides posts and ban posters too on Nairaland.
If the anti spam bot bans a moniker, it is boldly written for the moniker to see, so is when a moderator ban a moniker.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Thank you very much Seun.

One of the monikers is playtheblues.

joseph1832:
You should start with my moniker. The last time I was banned for breaking rule 2, I was given a 5 day ban, while the moniker who instigated the whole ish was free to roam about....

And I must tell you that whenever I'm banned I always seek redress from the supermod, and of course, like I once told you, they never reply my mail.

I mean, courtesy demands that they should at least reply ones email, not just ignore it.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 15, 2016
joseph1832:
If the anti spam bot bans a moniker, it is boldly written for the moniker to see, so is when a moderator ban a moniker.

Oh okay.

DrDauda calm down bro, Seun is the owner of Nairaland. Seun is a busy man. Seun has a life outside Nairaland. The reason he employed mods is to take care of issues like the one you talked about. Nairaland is a big forum and has staff who handle different sections. You should direct your complains to the mods who have been assigned to take care of issues like this, not Seun. And I know you're pained because you think he has been ignoring you, only to come here and offer to help another member with the same issue probably because she is female grin
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by joseph1832(m): 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
christinie:
Thank you very much Seun.
One of the monikers is playtheblues.
Excuse me, I've not started playing reggae, so please wait for it eh...
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Stevostical(m): 4:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
Seun:
My one and only ban was by spambot
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 4:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
One of them is ...

Seun:
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
I even think that some of them might be on a mission to ruin this good forum.

Mtcheww:
My-nd44 now gives 2wks ban on the whole forum for broken rules(spoken words).

No forum on earth gives its members more than 24hrs ban(if any).

This is so disrespectful,seun should employ grown up men with experience,and not some vindictive kid!
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
The anti spam bot should be checked.

PayPalKing:
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by christinie(f): 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2016
Some of the Mods really need a re-orientation.
dajoaneke:
Last year using my other moniker, i got banned for laughing in a post that analyzed NL & its members. The post got banned and so was I. It hurt me and since then I started losing interest in NL
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Seun(m): 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
dajoaneke:
You really think the antispam bot banned you for laughing? You think it understood what you were saying and was offended and banned you?
Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by haibe(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
Seun:

You really think the antispam bot banned you for laughing? You think it understood what you were saying and was offended and banned you?

To be honest, the spam bot has banned me up to 5 times for no reason, one was seemingly because I made a very long post..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by dominique(f): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Whenever you're banned by the spam bots, send a mail to the moderators of that section or to the supermods and you will be unbanned (that's if you're wrongly banned). If You're banned for breaking a rule, the reason will be posted in your profile. No sane mod will ban you for absolutely no reason.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Kobok069: 9:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Seun:

Like seriously?

Your mods are fast becoming clowns.

All this bans are getting senseless.....

Re: An Open Letter To Seun Osewa: Sack The Spam Mod Before He Ruins Your Forum by Kobok069: 12:48pm On Feb 17, 2016
Seun:

Seun caution your mods. Their excesses are becoming alarming...

Take a look at this? Like seriously...

Was this mod high on wet weed?

(1) (Reply)

Do The Youths Really Matter In Nigeria? / Npower Plateau State Let's Meet Here / See Lovely Pre-wedding Photos Of Nigerian Pilot And His Fiancee In A Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.